Cruise Critic Community
MicCanberra

Liverpool vs Tottenham.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I have a Liverpool jersey that I bought a few years ago, and get the results every game, if it is televised I watch.

Every game is televised! I guess its just a case of knowing how to watch. Having lived in Oz (before the Internet and live football available), it was the biggest factor for me returning home. I was homesick for White Hart Lane. Its been a long time since I gave up my season ticket, but having been to the new ground and seen / heard how good the atmosphere is, I'm back in the queue for a season ticket once again. Until then, I'll settle for the odd game hear and there and the rest, on TV live.

I wonder what the odds were for Spurs to reach the final after the first 3 games, when we were bottom of the group on 1 point.It was definitely the toughest pool of clubs in the group stage..... Which ended with us needing a result in Barca in the final group game. The route onwards was pretty tough too.... Dortmund, City the Ajax which after their demolition of Real and Juve thought they had a great chance of lifting the trophy.

Edited by les37b

It may well be that every game is televised but that doesn't mean I can have access to it, the TV rights go to pay for view companies and we only get one EPL game per week on free to air. I could possibly subscribe to the EPL coverage but the costs for just that are too much for me and if I wanted to see other games, I need further subscriptions with competing companies. It all gets too hard and too expensive.

8 hours ago, smithop said:

Back then the teams were all English... Most of the top managers aren’t even English.

Dennis Law? 

George Best? 

Bill Shankly? 

All true English footballers despite where they were born or what national team they played for.😋

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It may well be that every game is televised but that doesn't mean I can have access to it, the TV rights go to pay for view companies and we only get one EPL game per week on free to air. I could possibly subscribe to the EPL coverage but the costs for just that are too much for me and if I wanted to see other games, I need further subscriptions with competing companies. It all gets too hard and too expensive.

Well as Ive said, every game IS televised and it doesn’t need to be expensive at all.... just a case of knowing how. It might not be completely legal, but that’s another story. Search on YouTube IPTV eternal which will put you in the picture.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers I will try that one but a lot of these sites are regionally blocked.

Not a site and won’t be regionally blocked. Your ISP might try to stop your access, but a VPN will sort that out.

If you have a smart TV, look through the apps. If it’s android, then it will be a doddle.

Edited by les37b

We have live TV coverage the last few years via NBC Sports Network in US, the only downside for me is getting up at 5am West Coast on weekends to watch live.  Sometimes I DVR the early matches but then I have to watch them in time order because I don’t want to know the final score beforehand.

It will be two good matches this coming week, and then we have womens WC in June to tide all football fans over until 19/20 season start.

Whatever the outcome all the teams had excellent seasons and EU league play and deserve to be in the finals.  Footie Fans everywhere are in for a treat.

On 5/25/2019 at 4:21 AM, MicCanberra said:

The game is next week June 2nd in Madrid.

Mic - it is being played on Saturday June 1st. Kick-off is Noon on the West Coast, so that should be 20:00 UK time.

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Mic - we had amazing football coverage on the telly until this season. This season we still got almost every EPL game, a 1 or 2 Scottish Premier games and some FA cup matches. However, we got no Champions League or Europa League matches, as those rights were held by DAZN, which is a UK company.

Next season, DAZN has the right to EPL as well as Europe, so I will be paying then $25/mo and cancelling the cable TV sports channels.

If you can't find the match in a local pub, you could try a VPN service to use a Canadian server, which may give you access to DAZN. Works similar to Netflix.

On 5/25/2019 at 4:05 AM, smithop said:

I don’t see much discussion of the game, has anyone actually played?

Yes, played beer league, am a provincially certified coach with 25 yrs of coaching and at 60+ still referee at least a game on weekends.

5 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Mic - it is being played on Saturday June 1st. Kick-off is Noon on the West Coast, so that should be 20:00 UK time.

It is 5 am here on the 2nd.

Yes, played beer league, am a provincially certified coach with 25 yrs of coaching and at 60+ still referee at least a game on weekends.

LOL, I just love referees. Our refs (in Matsers) tend to be 70+ so they tend to hover around the middle and as such miss many things. But it is still better than no ref.

I play in  the Masters league here was playing Over45s comp for the last 5 years but have moved to a Division 3 squad that is 35+. It is much faster but not necessarily harder as the skill level across the teams has depleted.

Our club has also put in several squads for the World Masters Games, we came 3rd in 2017 in Auckland for the 40+ age group.

Mic - we had amazing football coverage on the telly until this season. This season we still got almost every EPL game, a 1 or 2 Scottish Premier games and some FA cup matches. However, we got no Champions League or Europa League matches, as those rights were held by DAZN, which is a UK company.

Next season, DAZN has the right to EPL as well as Europe, so I will be paying then $25/mo and cancelling the cable TV sports channels.

If you can't find the match in a local pub, you could try a VPN service to use a Canadian server, which may give you access to DAZN. Works similar to Netflix.

Cheers, our free to air games have practically disappeared so who knows what will happen next year. For us it is not just a matter of getting the games and the cost it is also committing to many late r middle of the night games or at best a early morning game.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, our free to air games have practically disappeared so who knows what will happen next year. For us it is not just a matter of getting the games and the cost it is also committing to many late r middle of the night games or at best a early morning game.

Next season I am signing up for DAZN, which has a benefit of being able to watch the games anytime. On the West Coast we get the first match on Saturday at 04:30 and on Sunday it is 04:00 or 06:00. Since it is a streaming service I should be able to watch them anytime without the PVR.

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I cannot see where Arsenal may go if they win the EL.

They are probably confident they won’t! lol

I’d suggest it’s the same pot as Chelsea.

Looking forward to the game but surprised about the location. That said, they could only manage to sell 1500 each, so maybe a good call!

B3A67D31-DF24-45A9-8148-36BE978E9C1A.jpeg

Didn't even bother going to the pub to watch it. Saving the energy for the big match Saturday, or Sunday