Newyork Cruise Terminal Parking

Good Morning!

Anyone have any recommendations for parking when going out of new york? How much is parking at the terminal? Is there another parking area that is cheaper and we can get a cab to the actual terminal?  I parked at the terminal about 7 years ago for my first cruise out of new york and never really researched any alternatives to parking! 

10 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

Yep. Just looked it up and it is now $40/day. Ouch. 

I mean, its new york. Good news: they cap it at $400! (we're leaving a car there for 20 days during a TA next year)

5 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

If you’ve used them, how do you get back to your car after the cruise. Their website doesn’t address that. 

lower down the page, it says to take a taxi and if you park your car at their garage for more than 7 days, they will pay $5.00 for the taxi.

Departures

Registered taxis can be found throughout Cruise Terminal. There are taxi stands in front of each terminal building. The one-way trip takes approximately 3 minutes and costs about $3, depending on traffic.

We will refund $5.00 to patrons for cab fare to pickup vehicles that Stay over 7 days.

12 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

lower down the page, it says to take a taxi and if you park your car at their garage for more than 7 days, they will pay $5.00 for the taxi.

Departures

Registered taxis can be found throughout Cruise Terminal. There are taxi stands in front of each terminal building. The one-way trip takes approximately 3 minutes and costs about $3, depending on traffic.

We will refund $5.00 to patrons for cab fare to pickup vehicles that Stay over 7 days.

Missed that. One more question. It says they drop you off then they take care of your luggage. How do you tip the porters? 

2 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

Missed that. One more question. It says they drop you off then they take care of your luggage. How do you tip the porters? 

i think by "handle your luggage"  they really mean they will take it out of the car for you, or maybe give it to a porter while you are there with them.  i could be wrong.

also, it looks like for a charge of $35.00 , they will drive to the port on arrival day and you can take your own car and drive away without the taxi .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Caitlynhanc said:

If I am reading this correctly, pickup trucks are not allowed to park at this lot? thats unfortunate as thats what we have!

i would just give them a call and ask. the only thing i can imagine for a pick up truck is that it only holds 2 passengers unless you have the extended cab, and they wouldn't maybe valet you in that case.  not sure why they wouldn't park it though.

if that fails, there is literally a parking garage on every other block. they may not valet you, but you could still get something in the same price range and just cab it over to the terminal

8 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

i would just give them a call and ask. the only thing i can imagine for a pick up truck is that it only holds 2 passengers unless you have the extended cab, and they wouldn't maybe valet you in that case.  not sure why they wouldn't park it though.

if that fails, there is literally a parking garage on every other block. they may not valet you, but you could still get something in the same price range and just cab it over to the terminal

It is an extended cab.  I am going to call and ask forsure! Thanks!

• Like 1

There will probably be an added charge as well, by the time you are done the Pier may be close to the same price and there is no surcharge for your truck.

However where are you coming from and do you plan to stay the night somewhere before the cruise. If so look into the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgewood Park NJ. for one price, around 280 you stay the night, leave your car there(you park it and lock it) and they transport you and from the pier. All for the price of parking in NYC.

Edited by phillyguy31

The often posted suggestion of Hilton Garden Inn at Ridgewood is useful IF you need a hotel any way and there are only 2 people.  It is additional 50 USD per person for transport to the cruise terminal.

Better to park in cheaper garage in seacucus or hoboken or jersey city and just take uber over if you are coming from New Jersey side.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:43 AM, elcuchio24 said:

I mean, its new york. Good news: they cap it at $400! (we're leaving a car there for 20 days during a TA next year)

I thought the lots are only open when there is a ship in port. They are gated, so you can't just come and go. Do they make special concessions for TA's, maybe depending on which direction you're sailing?

Edited by SnowshoeCat

22 hours ago, hal2008 said:

The often posted suggestion of Hilton Garden Inn at Ridgewood is useful IF you need a hotel any way and there are only 2 people.  It is additional 50 USD per person for transport to the cruise terminal.

Better to park in cheaper garage in seacucus or hoboken or jersey city and just take uber over if you are coming from New Jersey side.

An uber is over $50 each way.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:43 AM, elcuchio24 said:

20 hours ago, SnowshoeCat said:

I thought the lots are only open when there is a ship in port. They are gated, so you can't just come and go. Do they make special concessions for TA's, maybe depending on which direction you're sailing?

elcuchio24: I share SnowshoeCat's concern.   The parking at the pier is not a "come and go lot."  Have you checked with them as to whether you can do what you are planning?   

Can you elaborate more for us on your plans -- are you flying into or out of NY on your TA?  You really need to be sure you will be able to park at the port and retrieve (or leave) your car; you may be better off parking at the airport (or you may need to do so).

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

elcuchio24: I share SnowshoeCat's concern.   The parking at the pier is not a "come and go lot."  Have you checked with them as to whether you can do what you are planning?   

Can you elaborate more for us on your plans -- are you flying into or out of NY on your TA?  You really need to be sure you will be able to park at the port and retrieve (or leave) your car; you may be better off parking at the airport (or you may need to do so).

Yes, you are able to leave a vehicle for a TA. As far as your second question goes, we are one waying back from london to NYC. So I will either get an uber back to the port for the airport, or vice versa on the way out and leave a car at whatever airport we end up flying back to. Once I figure out which airport we'll be returning to, I'll determine which way makes the most sense.....either way it will be expensive parking!

On 5/12/2019 at 1:24 PM, SnowshoeCat said:

My understanding is you can still pick up your vehicle. You would have to have the Uber leave you at the ground level and go up to the parking garage. You pay on the front end, so by the time you're picking up you dont owe anything and can use the automated exit gate. I havent done it for a couple years, so for sure good advice and I will double check. That cruise is still a year out :-)