Must see ports on British Isles Cruise

If you could design your own cruise to the British Isles, which ports would be on the must see list, port adventure recommendations, and why?  We are a family of 4 adults, previously cruised with Disney, but looking for a new adventure.  

Thank You!

6 hours ago, Bob++ said:

It depends a good deal on what interests you. All I will say is that you should add as much time in London before or after the cruise as you can.

Agree!  London is one of our most favorite places to visit!  We plan on staying a week prior to our WBTA cruise back to the states.  

Of course I am biased but year after year, Edinburgh is voted amongst the most beautiful cities in the world to visit.  It is a really compact, walkable city with so much to see and do for visitors young and old whatever their interest 

If you have time on your way to or from Southampton, visit Salisbury: Laid back quintessential English town; magnificent cathedral and The Magna Carta. What more could you want...:)

Edited by Bob++

On 5/10/2019 at 11:37 AM, 4cordelia said:

Agree!  London is one of our most favorite places to visit!  We plan on staying a week prior to our WBTA cruise back to the states.  

To original poster:  If you're not already planning on visiting England outside of London, you could do a day trip to Bath, e.g.  We did this when we spent a week in London some years ago.

Edited by BarbinMich

I agree about trying to maximize your time in London. We had four nights there before our cruise in 2017 and six last fall. It still wasn't enough to do all the things I wanted to do. Next time we're there, I plan to take more day trips, such as to Windsor and Hampton Court.

For the ports on our British Isles cruise, my favorites were Cobh (for Blarney Castle), Dublin (overnight to get two days there), Invergordon (for Loch Ness), and Edinburgh. 

20 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

To original poster:  If you're not already planning on visiting England outside of London, you could do a day trip to Bath, e.g.  We did this when we spent a week in London some years ago.

I would love to go back and visit Bath again.  Beautiful little town. 

On 5/11/2019 at 5:58 AM, Bob++ said:

If you have time on your way to or from Southampton, visit Salisbury: Laid back quintessential English town; magnificent cathedral and The Magna Carta. What more could you want...:)

Thank You!  On our list to do while in Salisbury. 

For fans of Jane Autin, you should note that she is buried in Winchester Cathedral. She wasn't famous then so it's a modest grave, but her nephew put up a brass plaque some 50 odd years after her death.