Damajagua Falls photos

hotsauce126

I'll be doing Iguana Mama's 27 falls tour next week. From my understanding no matter who you do a tour with, the photos that you can buy are done by a photographer at the park. Do you pay at the park for a USB drive or something? Do they take cards or only cash? I also found a site that I'm guessing is where you can go to buy them later if you change your mind?

https://damajaguapictures.com/photogallery/

Hello!

Yes, we used a photographer from the park.  He was not associated with any of the different tour companies.  And we received a USB drive at the end of the tour.  I would definitely hire the photographer before you start hiking, so he can start focusing on taking pictures of you throughout the trip.  I don't remember seeing a photographer who took pictures of the group in general so someone could buy them after the tour. 

We didn't do all 27 falls, but the photographer did a great job of getting still pictures of our group of 4 people as well as short videos of us actually jumping.   He only spoke a little English and we didn't speak Spanish, but it didn't matter.  Since my friend paid, I'm not sure if she paid cash or credit card.  I paid cash for a beer afterwards and some magnets at the gift store.   

It's a great trip!  Hope you have a great time!

You can either pay cash or card with a group tour.. Not sure about the photographers from the park. I see now that might have been a better deal, since one of the guides from the tour was taking photos and most turned out not to be clear. You can also pay online.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone just taken a cab to the park entrance and taken the tour from there?  Cost of cab?  Cost of park entrance?  How far is the park from the ship?  

Thanks 

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2019 at 9:32 PM, hotsauce126 said:

I'll be doing Iguana Mama's 27 falls tour next week. From my understanding no matter who you do a tour with, the photos that you can buy are done by a photographer at the park. Do you pay at the park for a USB drive or something? Do they take cards or only cash? I also found a site that I'm guessing is where you can go to buy them later if you change your mind?

https://damajaguapictures.com/photogallery/

How was your tour? Deciding if we should book Carnivals or the one through Iguana Mama for 27 falls, as carnival offers one now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 5:12 PM, cpayne said:

Has anyone just taken a cab to the park entrance and taken the tour from there?  Cost of cab?  Cost of park entrance?  How far is the park from the ship?  

Thanks 

Yes, my sister and I took a taxi in January 2019 to the falls and did 16 of the falls. It was a blast. She is 49 and I am 64. The taxi is $100. Most will hold 4 but we only had 2. $100 regardless if 2 or 4. They wait on you at the falls to bring you back. It’s about a 30 minute ride. The entrance fee to the falls was around $15 each. You do have to hire a photographer (they call them a paparazzi)in order to have pictures. That was not explained to us and we were disappointed not to have any photos taken. You hire the photographer in the same area you pay the entrance fee.  It was a great day with no issues. Our taxi told us prior to leaving the falls that a lunch was provided, but not to eat it, because some people had gotten sick. After the news of people dying in the spring it made me think back to the drivers comment regarding lunch.

Patti

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 10:33 PM, pittypat said:

Yes, my sister and I took a taxi in January 2019 to the falls and did 16 of the falls. It was a blast. She is 49 and I am 64. The taxi is $100. Most will hold 4 but we only had 2. $100 regardless if 2 or 4. They wait on you at the falls to bring you back. It’s about a 30 minute ride. The entrance fee to the falls was around $15 each. You do have to hire a photographer (they call them a paparazzi)in order to have pictures. That was not explained to us and we were disappointed not to have any photos taken. You hire the photographer in the same area you pay the entrance fee.  It was a great day with no issues. Our taxi told us prior to leaving the falls that a lunch was provided, but not to eat it, because some people had gotten sick. After the news of people dying in the spring it made me think back to the drivers comment regarding lunch.

Patti

We are inport from 9-4 and need to be on board by 3.  Will this allow enough time to do the excursion on our own?  Were you the only two with the guide?  Did you run into many groups that slowed you down?  Also, I am assuming everything is paid with cash. Did you tip the driver in addition to the $100?  

6 hours ago, Acheavacci said:

We are inport from 9-4 and need to be on board by 3.  Will this allow enough time to do the excursion on our own?  Were you the only two with the guide?  Did you run into many groups that slowed you down?  Also, I am assuming everything is paid with cash. Did you tip the driver in addition to the $100?  

You should have enough time. It was about 45min. to an hour each way to the falls and back to port.  It took us about 2 hours to do the falls. Once we arrived at the falls they suit you up with life jacket and helmet. Then put you in a group. Make sure you tell them you do not want to be in a large group. Ours was about 14 people and moved very fast. Large groups will slow you down. Yes we tipped the driver $20 and also tipped the guides who help you during all of the falls. Cash is king on the island. Take your own water and don’t eat the lunch. Our driver said some had gotten sick.

Patti

• Like 2