Question on diamond Plus perks

SF

Does Diamond Plus still get priority tendering? Was wondering about this as several of our Hawaii ports are tender ports.  Some people are saying that priority tendering is no longer a perk due to the new "Key" package that's offered for purchase. If anyone has information in regards to this would appreciate you posting.

You can ask the Diamond Lounge concierge for priority tender tickets. But I don't think it is really much of a perk anymore, unless you have some immediate need to disembark. Ship excursions will be first off, and if you try to use your priority tickets after that...it will be sort of awkward. 

It saves you a lot of lining up to get the tickets and then the time waiting for your number to be called. There have been a couple of times where it has saved me at least one hour.

No-one can tell that you are using the priority as people come from all over the ship when their number is called.

Just now, SF said:

. If anyone has information in regards to this would appreciate you posting.

I don’t believe there was any D+ priority for the tenders on Ovation in Hawaii and the issue can be worse on the return when no C&A level, or cabin type or Key will buy you anything. 

Edited by Biker19

We had it a long time ago at a particular port but I wasn't going to push past those already in line waving my ticket and just got in line like everyone else and waited my turn.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I don’t believe there was any D+ priority for the tenders on Ovation in Hawaii and the issue can be worse on the return when no C&A level, or cabin type or Key will buy you anything. 

Key people were taken to the front of the tender line in Kotor last month.

10 hours ago, SF said:

Does Diamond Plus still get priority tendering? Was wondering about this as several of our Hawaii ports are tender ports.  Some people are saying that priority tendering is no longer a perk due to the new "Key" package that's offered for purchase. If anyone has information in regards to this would appreciate you posting.

No. As experienced on the Jewel in Feb.

The Key people did get that priority.

On Anthem this past Nov, (NE/Canada so in Bar Harbor) they weren't handing out tender tickets at all to anyone and apparently don't anymore, except I guess now for the Key.  We've had priority tickets on GR for CC in 2017 and 2018 which we ended up not using because both visits were cancelled by weather. The concierge in the CL was handing them out the night before.  Some excursions get priority tendering due to start times, but that only applies to excursions that start in the first hour or so after arrival.  We've booked an early excursion before if it's something we want to do for that reason.

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Key people were taken to the front of the tender line in Kotor last month.

I saw/heard both Star class and Key guests asking in vain how they can cut the return line in Maui which for us ended up being 1.5 hours long (some even longer). 

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I saw/heard both Star class and Key guests asking in vain how they can cut the return line in Maui which for us ended up being 1.5 hours long (some even longer). 

I love the consistency!  🙂 

• Like 1