Silversea/Business Insider ratings

chrism23

I really don't want to post this because I am a Silversea lifer.  For some reason I clicked on a Cruise Critic article titled "Nastiest Cruise Ships"  To my great surprise there were 2 Silversea ships on the list of 10, the Silver Wind and the recently reconfigured Silver Sprit.  The complaints in the article mostly pertained to the kitchens.  Below is the link to the article.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-nastiest-cruise-ships-2019-5

I am due to sail the Wind out of London for Norway on June 19th.  I have mentioned this before but I sailed the Wind in the Caribbean last season.  The ship needed a lot of work.  A large window was even blown out in the Restaurant and was unsightly covered up for the voyage.  The only reason I booked the Wind was that it was slated for a month long retrofit in November (?).  I am having some trepidations  because it placed 2nd in the nastiest ship article.  From this I would gather that they didn't get all the work that needed to get done while it was in dry dock.  The article said that Silversea didn't respond other than to say the problems "have been taken care of".  My question is whether anyone here. who was recently on the Wind,  had a sense of the crew tightening up and doing some problem solving since the article slammed them so bad.  Thanks in advance for any comments.  

Edited by chrism23

Not on Topic chrism23 but I am surprised that you intend to sail on the Wind from London on 19th June, as the Ship will be in Oslo ???? ( or at least thats what my Ticket says !!! ). If you mean 9th June, see you on board when hopefully we will experience the usual wonderful Service.

1 hour ago, Mayflower1 said:

Not on Topic chrism23

Sorry Mayflower, I missed the longish thread discussing this. I really screwed up this post.   I will pay more attention to being on topic.  BTW wrong dates too.  The Wind departs London Bridge on June 22 and arrives in Copenhagen on July 6.

1 hour ago, Mayflower1 said:

Not on Topic chrism23 but I am surprised that you intend to sail on the Wind from London on 19th June, as the Ship will be in Oslo ???? ( or at least thats what my Ticket says !!! ). If you mean 9th June, see you on board when hopefully we will experience the usual wonderful Service.

Look forward to meeting up again on the Wind .Cases packed ready for Tower Bridge on Thursday.Hope you are both well.

• Like 1

I will be on the Wind on the 22nd but we will arrive in London on the 19th. It will be our first Silversea cruise. I too have been following any thread mentioning the Wind!  My DH just got a black suit today. I have seen both good and not so good threads about the Wind.  I am choosing to be excited and look on the positive side and will have a good time.  I do not see a roll call for our cruise but maybe we will be in a conversation and realize we are both on cruise critic!

5 hours ago, amomx5 said:

I will be on the Wind on the 22nd but we will arrive in London on the 19th. It will be our first Silversea cruise. I too have been following any thread mentioning the Wind!  My DH just got a black suit today. I have seen both good and not so good threads about the Wind.  I am choosing to be excited and look on the positive side and will have a good time.  I do not see a roll call for our cruise but maybe we will be in a conversation and realize we are both on cruise critic!

Seek and ye shall find. We are on her right now. You will have a great time, she's a lovely little ship with soul and atmosphere. 

I am on the Wind on the Jun 22nd cruise and have no worries about it. I was on her for 20 days in April and 14 days in January so I know what I'm talking about.

However, that will be my last cruise on her, not just because I don't do expedition cruising but mostly because, having sailed the Muse and the Spirit (pre- and post- stretch), I find the Wind just too small and lacking in dining choices, particularly since they don't change the menus as much as they used to.

Eagerly awaiting the Moon! And the Arts Cafe on the Shadow!

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 2

I've got Zero problems in continuing to recommend the Silver Wind. I sailed on the second of JJ cruises above and gave up my suite to TTS who is currently enjoying my favourite ship.

Like JJ, I wont be sailing once the conversion takes place, purely because its a premium that wont be worth paying for a Med, Baltic or Caribbean cruise and I wont say I'm not interested in Expedition, its not a priority and not something being sought.

I shall be on her final sailing into London next year though before she gets converted! (That just doesn't sound right saying that! lol)

My next 2 after that are Moon and Shadow and I've no concerns with either of those as well.

TTS.... don't forget to get everyone organised near the pointy bit but more starboard "corner" so I can locate and snap away. If anyone asks who the nutter is with the big lens when you're going through the bridge, collect their email address and I'll forward their cruise highlight waving back at the London welcoming committee while Rule Britannia blares out!. 😃  (I will video the whole thing as well from the London Bridge side of the bridge on the North!)

2 days to go......

Edited by les37b
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

I take it you will want us up on the observation deck just in front of the observation lounge? 

Both Mrs TTS and I will try to wear something distinctive. 

Yes indeed.

Roughly around here - xx marks the spot.... This way I can see you as you approach and passing though. Its a bit of a dilemma. If I zoom in too much, you wont know where the photo was taken and not enough, you won't be as clear as a portrait. I expect the "best seats" will fill quite early..... so front row access on the front banister of the deck will make the best shots obviously. 

I'll probably upload a couple of more distant shots when I get home, but will leave you to decide if you want to upload the more close up ones.

image.png.3c6aad582d470f508693d477eed107f2.png

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1