Updates on beverage packages.

Tourist1292

Finally we have been onboard the Solstice since yesterday. On the information sheet received during the behind the scene kitchen tour, I found the current beverage package info which is somewhat different from what I found in this forum previously and on their web site. For premium package, it covers beverage up to $15.5, while it is up to $11 for classic package.

20190511_104119.jpg

• Like 1

Presumably you are on a TP departing from Australia. Leaving from Australia, the per drink ceiling prices you are seeing are probably the ones that include the gratuity instead of the more traditional ceiling prices that do not include the gratuity.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Presumably you are on a TP departing from Australia. Leaving from Australia, the per drink ceiling prices you are seeing are probably the ones that include the gratuity instead of the more traditional ceiling prices that do not include the gratuity.

The Solsitice has started its Alaska season. 

31 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

No. It is an Alaska 7 day cruise. I guess this is the new standard. Obviously all prices are before gratuity menu price as you see the package price too.

Edited by Tourist1292

If this is new pricing the website hadn’t been updated.  Strange they would increase the limit on the Premium package by 50 cents.  The $2 increase in the Classic is great assuming they don’t raise price of beverages.

Edited by jelayne
Auto correct gone wild

They have recently increased the premium limit from $13 to $15 when they increased the package price and now to $15.5. It makes sense to raise the limit for classic too as the increase in classic package cost was even higher than the premium package in percentage.

Edited by Tourist1292

The $ limit on the packages really means nothing (if you have chosen that perk) without a list of prices of drinks which, AFAIK, doesn't exist, other than some specialty drinks or martini's at the martini bar.  Based on a long history with Celebrity, I would guess with 99% certainty that the classic package includes the same drinks it did prior to this price change...and I'd guess with 98% certainty that some drinks have been moved out of the new classic package.  If you don't have the perk, well then you will almost surely be paying more for your drinks

Note....I have left room for error, but it's sort of like saying most instead of all...just in case🙂

3 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

The $ limit on the packages really means nothing (if you have chosen that perk) without a list of prices of drinks which, AFAIK, doesn't exist, other than some specialty drinks or martini's at the martini bar.  Based on a long history with Celebrity, I would guess with 99% certainty that the classic package includes the same drinks it did prior to this price change...and I'd guess with 98% certainty that some drinks have been moved out of the new classic package.  If you don't have the perk, well then you will almost surely be paying more for your drinks

Note....I have left room for error, but it's sort of like saying most instead of all...just in case🙂

All drinks have price on menu as one may purchase them individually without a package. You can find the menu on internet and I did not notice a price jump on the current menu when compare to what I found on the web from a few months ago. I thought the limit was $9 for classic and only order drinks under $9 yesterday. I will pick those up to $11 from today on.

Edited by Tourist1292

35 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

No. It is an Alaska 7 day cruise. I guess this is the new standard. Obviously all prices are before gratuity menu price as you see the package price too.

Sorry, should have known the TP had already taken place.

They probably had to raise the ceilings, especially for the Classic to $11, to keep a decent selection of wine choices after price increases. Also begs the question of whether or not some of the liquor choices that were moved to Premium (e.g. Tanqueray, Baileys, etc. ) might make their way back to the Classic.

If you get the chance, please let us know if the Classic got any back. Thanks.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

17 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

All drinks have price on menu as one may purchase them individually without a package. You can find the menu on internet and I did not notice a price jump on the current menu when compare to what I found on the web from a few months ago. I thought the limit was $9 for classic and only order drinks under $9 yesterday. I will pick those up to $11 from today on.

I don't think I've ever seen a menu that gives me the price of a mai tai or a manhattan or an americano....or even a glass of Kettel one on the rocks (other than the martini bar). It would be great if you'd post a copy of that menu here

I'd love to know if an americano is included in the classic package.  It's a mix of sweet vermouth and campari, both included in the classic package.  Mixed together to make an americano, it's priced just out of the classic package.  It didn't take a very long discussion with the F&B manager to resolve this....I told him I'd be ok ordering a sweet vermouth, a glass of cinzano and a glass of Ice to mix in but that seemed a bit silly.  He agreed and suggested the rational solution...americanos would be covered by the classic package for us.

Edited by ghstudio

It’s interesting that somebody on Millennium that departed yesterday to Alaska posted their dailies and the package limits are still $9 for Classic and $15 for Premium! Love to know if Baileys will be on Classic again

Wendy

38 minutes ago, Oville said:

Perhaps the sheet obtained from the Behind the Scenes Kitchen tour was a left over from the TA.

LOL. It is the information sheet distributed in the event to promote their specialty dinning and beverage packages. This event is open to all passengers. They will need to have a lot of left over for that. Think about how many TA cruise they have and how many Alaska cruises are coming up.

Edited by Tourist1292

2 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

It’s interesting that somebody on Millennium that departed yesterday to Alaska posted their dailies and the package limits are still $9 for Classic and $15 for Premium! Love to know if Baileys will be on Classic again

Wendy

That is interesting. Millennium is right next to us. It left Vancouver right after us but is ahead of us right now. After all, Celebrity is known for the lack of consistency.

2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I don't think I've ever seen a menu that gives me the price of a mai tai or a manhattan or an americano....or even a glass of Kettel one on the rocks (other than the martini bar). It would be great if you'd post a copy of that menu here

I'd love to know if an americano is included in the classic package.  It's a mix of sweet vermouth and camparir, both included in the classic package.  Mixed together to make an americano, it's priced just out of the classic package.  It didn't take a very long discussion with the F&B manager to resolve this....I told him I'd be ok ordering a sweet vermouth, a glass of cinzano and a glass of Ice to mix in but that seemed a bit silly.  He agreed and suggested the rational solution...americanos would be covered by the classic package for us.

The question is whether it is on the menu or not. It is not priced if it is not on the menu. For items not on the menu, you cannot blame them for not disclosing the price.

2 hours ago, Tourist1292 said:

LOL. It is the information sheet distributed in the event to promote their specialty dinning and beverage packages. This event is open to all passengers. They will need to have a lot of left over for that. Think about how many TA cruise they have and how many Alaska cruises are coming up.

Sorry, I misunderstood. 

Edited by Oville

10 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Please can someone confirm that there is no gratuity charged on a classic beverage package?  I keep seeing conflicting reports. 

Thanks

As long as you stay within the limit then no gratuity is charged. If however you go for something over the package limit you are charged the difference plus 20%. For example Baileys was $1 over the limit so my mum was charged $1.20 in April. 

21 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Please can someone confirm that there is no gratuity charged on a classic beverage package?  I keep seeing conflicting reports. 

Thanks

If you received the package as a "Perk," the gratuities are included in the Perk.

If you purchase the package, you pay for the daily fee, plus 20% gratuity. I.e. $59 plus 20% per day.

If you purchase a drink that is more expensive then your package covers, you pay the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference.  If the drink is $1 over the package limit, you pay $1 plus $.20 = $1.20.

6 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

As long as you stay within the limit then no gratuity is charged. If however you go for something over the package limit you are charged the difference plus 20%. For example Baileys was $1 over the limit so my mum was charged $1.20 in April. 

I was always under the impression that it was not the difference, you had to pay the full amount for anything over your drink package.  That's MUCH better if it's the difference, especially for wine.