Viking Feedback/Comment Process

RetroRod

Last year we took two B2B VO cruises and enjoyed them both. Great ship and even better service. One area that could be improved is the process used to provide feedback/comments to Viking.  Unless something has changed since our cruise, last year we could speak to someone on-board or fill out a comment form and turn it in to customer service. I never received an acknowledgement from Viking on the few forms that I turned in, both positive and negative. So I emailed tellus@vikingcruises.com and suggested, in addition to those methods I mentioned previously,  they could automated the form and include it in MVJ and or Viking Voyager app. A form could be included for each calendar entry e.g. excursions, dining, crew KUDOs etc. Automating the process would give corporate management, as well as ship management real-time visibility on customer feedback and provide areas for process improvements. It could also reduce workload by eliminating “paper”. Another benefit of not using paper is the comment form will not get "lost". On a very positive note I received a reply from Tellus@Vikingcrusies.com in less than 24 hours saying "your thoughtful suggestion would be communicated to the appropriate department for review". Hopefully, more to come.

• Like 1

I think enabling feedback in the app is a great idea. It would make it really easy to provide nearly instant feedback for onboard things (meals, staff, housekeeping, etc.), and you could provide excursion feedback as soon as you get back to the ship, when all the details are fresh in mind.
And if an issue is serious enough (such as a sanitation concern), management could address it then and there; not several cruises later. I realize one could report things face to face at Guest Services, but with today's connected society, plus the Voyager app, which only works on the ship, it seems like a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I, too, like your suggestion. For the process to work, however, there needs to be someone/people on the ship with the responsibility to actually read and direct the comment to the appropriate person or department and follow up to make sure it was handled. It can be done, but the chain can easily be broken. 

On our most recent ocean cruise a month ago, I attended the meet and greet with the officers. We’d had an incident with a server at dinner the previous evening and I happened to be talking with the officer in charge of restaurants and such. I explained the incident and he took note and apparently talked with the individual (I believe that to be true because the individual totally avoided us, or it seemed that way). Throughout the cruise the officer would check with me to ask how things were going and a couple officers did, too. 

We do do fill out the cruise evaluation sheet at the end of the cruise and I list the names of people who have been particularly helpful and make suggestions  regarding crew who might need some additional training (a server in Manfredi’s private dining room who wasn’t familiar with the menu and brought in the wrong wines that were ordered). 

We we really are nice people (😌), but we love the Viking experience and believe feedback, positive and negative, should be given when appropriate. At least we give those in charge an opportunity to determine what, if anything, can/should be done. 

• Like 2