Cruise Critic Community
lorrainemargaret

BALTIC CRUISE NIGHT WEAR ON SHIP

Hi,Can anyone advise please,going on Baltic cruise may,I know I will have to take layers for daywear but what do I take for nights on the ship,we are on the Columbus,I usually know what evening wear to take but this is a different cruise Do people still dress for dinner at night,or is everyone wrapped up,Please help thanks 

People do still dress for dinner, some more than others. You will need to check how many formal nights you have on the web site or paperwork as it can vary from cruise to cruise. The ship is air conditioned so will be pleasant wherever you are, sometimes a shawl is handy as it can feel a little cooler if you are sat under one of the aircon units.

They do have heating in the dining rooms.

The destination does not affect the dress code. Air conditioning and heating means the temperature remains the same.

It may not be cold in the Baltic. It was 102 degrees when we were in St Petersburg a few years ago! That was in July.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:41 PM, 1900sr said:

They do have heating in the dining rooms.

I’m just back from a Columbus cruise. I found that the dining room was quite hot at times. 

Posted (edited)

I usually feel colder on all ships if we are in a hot climate, rather than a cold one.  I think the temps are much the same, but if you get used to being hot in the day, you will feel cold on board and vice versa.  The thing is to keep a wrap or some sort of cover up with you.  I have a number of light items that can just be folded over my arm if I do not need to wear them.

Edited by tring