Where to stay this Friday 5/17 in NYC to leave Manhattan Cruise Terminal 5/18

I get into LGA at about 5pm.  I have no sightseeing to do on the way in, I just want to stay somewhere clean, safe and reasonable.  I don't want to have to go out and eat, I will be alone and will just be in the mood to kick back and relax.  Then I want to get up and go to the cruise terminal to board the Dawn early after having spent the least amount of time and money on transportation.  The Holiday inn express at 113-10 Horace Harding Expressway, Flushing, New York is 170 plus tax and has a free shuttle from the airport but recent reviews go from great to loud and dirty.  I might go ahead and chance it.  Am I mistaken to think that then the easiest thing to do would be to order up an Uber and have it take me to the Manhattan cruise terminal for about $30?  I have traveled a lot but haven't been to NYC since the 80s and the multitudes of choices are making my head spin.  Thanks in advance!

Lastminutetravel.com - Westin Grand Central is $152 + $63 taxes and fees, but you could take an airport bus to nearby.  Wellington Hotel is $156 + $22 taxes and fees.  I’m sure either of them will be nicer and ultimately more convenient than staying in a Flushing hotel with bad reviews. 

4 hours ago, 138east said:

Lastminutetravel.com - Westin Grand Central is $152 + $63 taxes and fees, but you could take an airport bus to nearby.  Wellington Hotel is $156 + $22 taxes and fees.  I’m sure either of them will be nicer and ultimately more convenient than staying in a Flushing hotel with bad reviews. 

Great finds! A dirty hotel in Flushing is the last thing you’d want. Also posters need to know that downtown Flushing, Queens is now a large Chinatown. Much of the signage is in Chinese.