Perks and benefits by booking through TA

I know cc does not allow to give information concerning the TA name. May I anyway ask you what kind of additional perks and benefit you received by booking through your Travel Agent ( price, percentage, obc, discounts...)?

I don't think we're allowed to discuss that on CC, however if you can find a TA that specializes in Regent, it will be more than

worth your while. Sorry I can't be more specific.

34 minutes ago, Missmimi said:

I know cc does not allow to give information concerning the TA name. May I anyway ask you what kind of additional perks and benefit you received by booking through your Travel Agent ( price, percentage, obc, discounts...)?

You got plenty of info on this in your original post  

The price is the same as on the website with the top Regent TA's, however, the rebate lowers the cost*.  It is best not to discuss percentages on CC.  When you check out a luxury TA, you can ask them.  We also get OBC's on some but not all cruises.

The one thing that we can share on CC are names of travel agent networks such as Virtuoso, Ensemble and Signature Travel Network.  That could be a starting point.

*There are a few discount travel agencies but I would double check that you are getting the full Regent package as some of prices are "cruise only".

5 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

The price is the same as on the website with the top Regent TA's, however, the rebate lowers the cost*.  It is best not to discuss percentages on CC.  When you check out a luxury TA, you can ask them.  We also get OBC's on some but not all cruises.

The one thing that we can share on CC are names of travel agent networks such as Virtuoso, Ensemble and Signature Travel Network.  That could be a starting point.

*There are a few discount travel agencies but I would double check that you are getting the full Regent package as some of prices are "cruise only".

I have found that you can do much better price wise than travel agent networks such as Virtuoso, Ensemble and Signature Travel Network. And don't be afraid to work with a an independent or single person office. Some are far far more experienced than larger agency. And because  they work alone, the have the finally say in what discount or rebate they can offer you. Make some phone call!!!

J

17 minutes ago, JMARINER said:

I have found that you can do much better price wise than travel agent networks such as Virtuoso, Ensemble and Signature Travel Network. And don't be afraid to work with a an independent or single person office. Some are far far more experienced than larger agency. And because  they work alone, the have the finally say in what discount or rebate they can offer you. Make some phone call!!!

J

Agree with you about travel agent networks.  Only posted that because we can't name anyone.

Disagree about single person offices as I have read too many times on CC that their TA is on vacation -- not able to reach them, etc.  In my opinion, a TA needs at least one back-up person since they cannot work 24/7.

4 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Agree with you about travel agent networks.  Only posted that because we can't name anyone.

Disagree about single person offices as I have read too many times on CC that their TA is on vacation -- not able to reach them, etc.  In my opinion, a TA needs at least one back-up person since they cannot work 24/7.

My experience with single person offices is based on experience not hearsay from the web. Many of the people I know personally agree with and work only with  one person agencies. 

But if one needs to have their hand held all the time then they should certainly pay for that service, which usually means a using  larger full service agency. (As I replied in the TS post on finding the Best Travel Agent: :Link)

J

• 3 weeks later...

A TA who is knowledgeable about a particular ship, preferably because they've actually been on it, can also know that some cabins may have some issues and will advise you against booking them.  Conversely, some may have some special things to recommend them. I don't know how else one can get this information.

If you want to find a travel agent/agency that can provide you with the best information and perquisites for Regent, Google "Regent Seven Seas Council Members."  A variety of entities both agencies and individuals will pop up that you can explore.  This is a good option if you don't have a personal recommendation and since we are not allowed to post the names of our personal TAs/Agencies.