River cruises Scenic or Tauck?

RMS Olympic

I am considering a Rhine river cruise and looking at an all inclusive product. The two possibilities are Scenic and Tauck. I have traveled on two Tauck tours, Peru and India. Tauck was in my opinion superb but a river cruise is another matter. Scenic looks really nice from what I have seen on YouTube videos but some reviews are inconsistent.

Any thoughts, pro and cons would be greatly appreciated. I am an ocean cruiser...so a river cruise will be a stretch for me.

Thanks in advance.

We are also considering river cruises, and Scenic and Tauck are possibilities.  We'd love to get readers' input.  Thinking of a 14-15 day Amsterdam to Budapest itinerary. Does anyone prefer AMA, Avalon or Emerald?

Edited by deezeee2

For river cruises we have sailed on Scenic several times. We are a few weeks away from back-to-back 11-day cruises on Scenic on the Seine and Douro rivers. Scenic boats are spacious, well appointed with a friendly, accommodating crew, excellent food and wine selection, and a late-closing bar. Everything is included (drinks, tips, shore excursions) except spa services. Tauck is a tour company, not a cruise line. I expect they would charter all or part of one of the river cruise company’s boats for their tour. For ocean cruising we prefer Seabourn and Regent (also all-inclusive) and Abercrombie & Kent for land tours when we are not traveling independently. Everyone has their preferences and opinions. For us, you can’t go wrong with Scenic.