First time info NCL Star & Greek Islands Cruise Tips: Must do/don'ts and secrets?

chipmaster

@Cool Cruiser Brisbane!

We are taking this cruise in September too, what dates are you doing? We are 22-29 Sept! I would love to get any tips from you please, we are first time cruiser with no idea! lol

I tried to message you, but apparently I dont have rights to do so??

We are going on this cruise but not until November. I've been to Corfu before when I was a lot younger. The rest are all new to me. We have the $50 shore excursion perk so will use that for some tours but will generally just walk around for the rest.

We have two nights pre cruise booked in Venice and I'd be really interested in experiences of taking the Vaporetto from the airport, our hotel is less than 200m from a stop. I've watched a few videos and understand that you can buy tickets at the dock as well as inside the airport.

2 hours ago, BaWBarmy said:

We are going on this cruise but not until November. I've been to Corfu before when I was a lot younger. The rest are all new to me. We have the $50 shore excursion perk so will use that for some tours but will generally just walk around for the rest.

We have two nights pre cruise booked in Venice and I'd be really interested in experiences of taking the Vaporetto from the airport, our hotel is less than 200m from a stop. I've watched a few videos and understand that you can buy tickets at the dock as well as inside the airport.

Check to see if your hotel is near an Aligaluna stop.  That water bus line leaves every 30 minutes directly from the airport so no need to take a bus to Piazalle Roma than a vaporetta.  This website has a guide to 200 hotels in Venice and how to get there from the airport or the Piazalle.  In general it's also a great guide to Venice.  We are staying at a hotel near St. Marks that is right off the San Zaccharia stop so will be using Aligaluna.

https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

2 hours ago, firstimer2009 said:

Check to see if your hotel is near an Aligaluna stop.  That water bus line leaves every 30 minutes directly from the airport so no need to take a bus to Piazalle Roma than a vaporetta.  This website has a guide to 200 hotels in Venice and how to get there from the airport or the Piazalle.  In general it's also a great guide to Venice.  We are staying at a hotel near St. Marks that is right off the San Zaccharia stop so will be using Aligaluna.

So helpful, thank you!

19 hours ago, firstimer2009 said:

Yes. I had already checked this out. We are within 200m of the Guglie stop on the Orange Line. The link you provided was very useful thanks.

I'm more concerned about catching the Vaporetto at the airport. Hopefully travelling in November it should be a bit quieter and our flight lands at 09:25 AM it's just finding the ticket booth in the airport, I don't want to get to the stop and find I can't get a ticket there.

41 minutes ago, BaWBarmy said:

Yes. I had already checked this out. We are within 200m of the Guglie stop on the Orange Line. The link you provided was very useful thanks.

I'm more concerned about catching the Vaporetto at the airport. Hopefully travelling in November it should be a bit quieter and our flight lands at 09:25 AM it's just finding the ticket booth in the airport, I don't want to get to the stop and find I can't get a ticket there.

We used a shared water taxi service (shuttle).  There is a Guglie stop.   It was more expensive that the water bus, but convenient and a better experience.    https://www.venicelink.com/en/venice-shuttle-airport-link

12 hours ago, BaWBarmy said:

Sorry to have misunderstood.  Here is a link to the Venezia Unica website, which is the tourism organization for Venice, I also highlighted exactly what they posted.  Yes, you can get ACTV vaporetto tickets at the airport from either a kiosk or their ticket booth.

ACTV bus and waterbus tickets can be purchased:

1. on line from VeneziaUnica website;
  2. on site at the Marco Polo airport Venezia Unica ticket offices:
    - automatic ticket machines in the baggage reclaim area 
    - Venezia Unica ticket point at the arrivals area
    - automatic ticket machine at the bus lane 

https://www.veneziaunica.it/en/content/marco-polo-airport

Edited by firstimer2009

To buy the bus/water bus ticket there are booths inside the airport, but outside where the bus picks up there is a ticket window with a person who can help you.  They were still manning the booth at 11pm at night. It was very easy to do.

If this cruise is port intensive do plan a fewbeach days ...We did in Corfu, Katakolon, and Santorini 

we loved Malta go explore ...pace yourself ..2 junes ago Europe and esp Italy was stifling ...they actually turned off the water supply in the fountains ...it was very very difficult .

we went back to our hotel early just to cool off 

dubrovnik is a great walking town take the local bus in port ..get kunas right there ...go to old city explore walkthe wall go inthe hole in thewall ...wear comfy shoes , sunglasses, light clothing andbig hat 

enjoy we sure did 

19 hours ago, Minoushka said:

If this cruise is port intensive do plan a fewbeach days ...We did in Corfu, Katakolon, and Santorini 

we loved Malta go explore ...pace yourself ..2 junes ago Europe and esp Italy was stifling ...they actually turned off the water supply in the fountains ...it was very very difficult .

we went back to our hotel early just to cool off 

dubrovnik is a great walking town take the local bus in port ..get kunas right there ...go to old city explore walkthe wall go inthe hole in thewall ...wear comfy shoes , sunglasses, light clothing andbig hat 

enjoy we sure did 

Which beach in Corfu did you go to?