Just Returned from Tulip Time AmaPrima

mommamd

Hello, I just returned from a great trip on AmaPrima to the Netherlands and Belgium - it was cold and sometimes rainy but otherwise a great trip. I can't say anything but that Ama provided great service, food and generous beverage service to us. We were happy with our balcony cabin.  We visited Keukenhof which is amazing - we did pre and post cruise on our own which was easy. There was just enough cruising time and excursions were well planned.  I would highly recommend this trip. 

I have a trip blog at https.//luxurytravel.video.blog with pics. 

Your pictures are great!  You brought quite a few jackets with you :) It seems Europe has had a wet spring so far. I will read the blog later. So glad you posted this as I am interested in this trip!

Looks like you had a fantastic trip, despite the weather. Have been wanting to try that new A350 from Detroit but haven't yet had the opportunity - how was it?

Really enjoyed your pix of Antwerp and Bruges. We docked in Antwerp for an ocean cruise last September and took the train to Bruges for a DIY day. Just beautiful! I think we had the same pot of mussels with frites for lunch, too. 

My first river cruise was this itinerary with AMA too...…...that was in 2016. Glad you had a good time:classic_biggrin:. I loved it as well!

Love the pictures!

Thank you Coral for the adjustment!!

Thank you for the feedback!

We did not see any beverage packages, the beverages at 5 or 6 pm Sip N Sails were very generously poured as were the meals (Champagne at breakfast, wine at lunch and dinner). We bought a few drinks late at night and they were reasonable I think 5-6 Euro.

JPalbny - The mussels are a must aren't they!  The A350 was great, quiet and comfortable, it felt roomy without the overhead compartments.  We had a very smooth flight to AMS.  The little sliding doors for privacy are super fun. The mini-suite feel definitely cut down on the feeling of traffic of carts and people going by.  We pre-ordered dinners and thought the food was great. (I had the chicken breast and it was crispy and tender). There are 4 flights a day to AMS from DTW and this is the earliest, which I wasn't sure was the best until we got our hotel room the next morning at 0730 which worked out great.

Most of our fellow passengers chose the combination Ghent and Bruges tour but I was happy to spend the day in Bruges. I hope to return one day and can see Ghent another day.

• 2 years later...

We just booked a Tulip Time cruise with Gate1 for April 2023. We have been to Bruges (overnighted there post-cruise) after a different river cruise with Gate1 so this time we plan to stay in Ghent versus going to Bruges. Do you know if where the river boats dock is close to the Ghent historic area so that after our walking tour we can spend more time in Ghent and then walk back to the boat?