Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

1 hour ago, Gwendy said:

Last year on CMV the trivia host threatened to call security when an elderly “gentleman” refused to accept the answer that was given. He became very agitated, shouting, and at one stage wanted to shape up to the trivia host. . Seriously this is supposed to be entertainment, well it was only not in the way it was intended,

That is A Grade Trivia rage.

Email this morning from couple of friends, Jim and Vicki on Sea Princess, they are doing the full Monty, Sydney to Sydney and are experienced cruisers....... 

'Those who report to the Dr with bronchitis are being 'off loaded' for fear of Pneumonia, which the ships medical centre cannot handle.  Overall a lot of sick pax.  Word around the ship, several deaths and plenty of ambulances to be seen at gangways when she reaches ports.

Also....

'Many pax are declining to pay $50 for bottles of wine, and bring on wine at the ports, buying it for for 5 or 10 dollars and paying the $15 corkage.  Searches being made of carry on bags, back packs etc at ports by the Alcohol Police, re same.😮'

Now I am not being Dr Gloom, just passing on the news.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Last year on CMV the trivia host threatened to call security when an elderly “gentleman” refused to accept the answer that was given. He became very agitated, shouting, and at one stage wanted to shape up to the trivia host. . Seriously this is supposed to be entertainment, well it was only not in the way it was intended,

Wow, some people have no idea.

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Email this morning from couple of friends, Jim and Vicki on Sea Princess, they are doing the full Monty, Sydney to Sydney and are experienced cruisers....... 

'Those who report to the Dr with bronchitis are being 'off loaded' for fear of Pneumonia, which the ships medical centre cannot handle.  Overall a lot of sick pax.  Word around the ship, several deaths and plenty of ambulances to be seen at gangways when she reaches ports.

Also....

'Many pax are declining to pay $50 for bottles of wine, and bring on wine at the ports, buying it for for 5 or 10 dollars and paying the $15 corkage.  Searches being made of carry on bags, back packs etc at ports by the Alcohol Police, re same.😮'

Interesting little tidbits. Maybe Princess shouldn't charge so much for the wine.  $50 a bottle is very steep. Especially when its probably just a bottle of Queen Adelaide haha

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Also....

Wow, bronchitis is an early sign of Pneumonia developing, I suppose.

4 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Interesting little tidbits. Maybe Princess shouldn't charge so much for the wine.  $50 a bottle is very steep. Especially when its probably just a bottle of Queen Adelaide haha

Queen Adelaide, there's a blast from the past.  On Princess last year, cheapest wine was around US$28.  So AU$50 is about right for the cheapest on the Sea Princess wine list.    Recently on Noordam, cheapest one was McGuigans - $7 at Dan Murphys and believe it or not US$40 on HAL.  About a 1000% markup - rogues.

On 6/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, Gwendy said:

Taking a bit of a shine off my expectations. Never mind I’m happy with my own company so might need to do this.

Gwendy, if you aren’t reading this blog, you really should, this CruisinPrincess is truly enjoying her cruise on Sea Princess. 

Rose 🌹

https://cruisinprincess.home.blog/2019/05/22/life-is-good/

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Gwendy, if you aren’t reading this blog, you really should, this CruisinPrincess is truly enjoying her cruise on Sea Princess. 

Rose 🌹

https://cruisinprincess.home.blog/2019/05/22/life-is-good/

That’s the one I have been following . She is having a great time.

On every cruise , if you look for it , you will find someone who thinks it’s the cruise from hell , and some one else for whom it’s the best thing ever .

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

We have had that one. Several people called out and told the host that there were two and "which one did he want?" 😊

Correct - Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean, mail me my prize please, I prefer the luggage tag holder, or perhaps a little torch.😂

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, MicCanberra said:

Probably because there is more than one Christmas island. Canada has one as well.

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Correct - Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean, mail me my prize please, I prefer the luggage tag holder, or perhaps a little torch.😂

And the one in Canada - Nova Scotia not really in the Atlantic Ocean but close.

And so on they go on to Germany, 4 hour bus ride each way Warnemunde/Berlin.  They must be in port for a while.

Nice city Berlin, but you need a couple of days there minimum.  With the current European heatwave, a few steins of ice cold Lowenbrau would be in order, with a couple of bratwurst or a big pork knuckle on the side.  With sauerkraut of course.  Wunderbar !!!🍺

Edited by NSWP