Pre-booking excursions/can't use OBC correct?

Scrappygrrl

Hi all  - 

I haven't cruised Norwegian since 2009/2010? And we'll be back in August to cruise to Bermuda aboard the Escape. I have a significant amount of OBC from my TA. If I want to use this for excursions (or anything pre-bookable, really), I have to wait until on-board to book, correct? Should worry about availability? Thank for any help you can provide!

Edited by Scrappygrrl

19 minutes ago, phillyguy31 said:

If you call you can book the excursion and you won't be charged until it happens unlike online where you need to pay for it when you reserve. So if you call the charge will come off your OBC.

This is true with the excursion perk, but not as a general rule: You book you pay.

If you accept the ShoreX credit as one of your perks then you can indeed book via phone and pay onboard. Your OBC would be applied as well as a $50 credit to the cabin account after each excursion taken.

Otherwise to use your TA provided OBC you will need a book onboard.

1 minute ago, Nola26 said:

This is true with the excursion perk, but not as a general rule: You book you pay.

If you accept the ShoreX credit as one of your perks then you can indeed book via phone and pay onboard. Your OBC would be applied as well as a $50 credit to the cabin account after each excursion taken.

Otherwise to use your TA provided OBC you will need a book onboard.

OK, so I do NOT have the excursion perk; it's merely TA provided OBC - so I must book onboard; got it!

3 minutes ago, Scrappygrrl said:

OK, so I do NOT have the excursion perk; it's merely TA provided OBC - so I must book onboard; got it!

Yes, ask your TA if you are eligible to add the perk. For Bermuda you can receive the credit up to three times. On other sailings it's every port including disembarking port. 

10 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

Yes, ask your TA if you are eligible to add the perk. For Bermuda you can receive the credit up to three times. On other sailings it's every port including disembarking port. 

I had the pick 3 and did specialty dining, drinks and wifi. Didn't realize I could still switch one out? Will call and confirm!

Once your TA exchanges to the shorex, call reservations to add your choices. Make sure you tell them you will pay onboard.  Once onboard you can change any excursion you want to within 48 hours of the excursion.  Your onboard credit will be deducted from your total account. 

3 hours ago, Nola26 said:

So in Bermuda you’re saying I would have $150 in credit towards excursions?   I was told only $50.   Which is it?  Any recent Bermuda cruisers out there?

4 hours ago, Scrappygrrl said:

I had the pick 3 and did specialty dining, drinks and wifi. Didn't realize I could still switch one out? Will call and confirm!

The $150 shoreX benefit is greater than the cost of the wifi package, $125. Depending on whether you have OBC left you can buy the wifi if you want it.

5 hours ago, phillyguy31 said:

I would call shoreX and see.  I was always told if you book through them directly they wouldn't charge you until it actually happens.

If you do not have the ShoreEx $50 promotion, you pay when you book (online or on the phone). 

1 hour ago, Coachyo said:

So in Bermuda you’re saying I would have $150 in credit towards excursions?   I was told only $50.   Which is it?  Any recent Bermuda cruisers out there?

Specifically, if your cruise is a three day stop in Bermuda, you have $150 credit that will be applied to your account after three different excursions (per stateroom, not per person) are completed!  If, for some reason, you do not take three excursions, you get $50 credit off each excursion that IS completed.

22 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Specifically, if your cruise is a three day stop in Bermuda, you have $150 credit that will be applied to your account after three different excursions (per stateroom, not per person) are completed!  If, for some reason, you do not take three excursions, you get $50 credit off each excursion that IS completed.

To clarify..... you don't have $150 credit you have THREE $50 credits. The $50 Excursion Credits for Bermuda are independent of each other and you cannot combine them in any way.  They are for 3 separate excursions.

For example: if you take a $23 excursion you don't carry over the $27 to the next excursion and that balance is lost...... if you take an $88 excursion you don't use a $50 and then $38 from another.... you pay the $38...... if you take a $190 excursion you don't use the $150 as a credit. 

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

To clarify..... you don't have $150 credit you have THREE $50 credits. The $50 Excursion Credits for Bermuda are independent of each other and you cannot combine them in any way.  They are for 3 separate excursions.

For example: if you take a $23 excursion you don't carry over the $27 to the next excursion and that balance is lost...... if you take an $88 excursion you don't use a $50 and then $38 from another.... you pay the $38...... if you take a $190 excursion you don't use the $150 as a credit. 

Totally agree, MUCH better answer!!!