Upgraded to Yacht Club Cabin!

nikkiw60

We have just received email from MSC saying with have now been allocated a yacht club cabin on Divina next week...

It still says Fantastica experience which we booked plus deluxe drink package which we also booked. It does say anytime dining now though! So we know that you only get the upgraded cabin when you upgrade so what can we now expect re dining? Will it be in one of the usual MDR’s still?

How did you do that...

did you book a garantee room....

we were free upgraded from inside to balcony on Divina the 1 of june.

we just had booked a garantee inside Bella.

that s so great. Have been on Divina before.

1 minute ago, Preziosa said:

How did you do that...

did you book a garantee room....

we were free upgraded from inside to balcony on Divina the 1 of june.

we just had booked a garantee inside Bella.

that s so great. Have been on Divina before.

No idea we hadn’t booked a guaranteed cabin we had chosen one. It’s our 3rd time on Divina and his time I had booked direct not through a travel agency. We had booked a Fantastica Balcony cabin. 

Congrats, Nikki!  There's a very recent thread by someone who received an upgrade to YC and got all the perks included.  There have also been reports where people had to pay a very small charge to avail of all the YC facilities, so it seems that, like so many other situations with MSC, YMMV.

Best of luck and I hope you have a wonderful cruise, whichever way it goes for you.  (Sorry I can't actually answer the question you posed).

3 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

I hope you White a little about Divina when you board in a week.

How is the captain, How is the shows etc.

thank you

I usually do a live from but do not go to the shows usually just one during the week. Expect lots of posts! My husband even bought me a keyboard for my iPad to do this!

7 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Congrats, Nikki!  There's a very recent thread by someone who received an upgrade to YC and got all the perks included.  There have also been reports where people had to pay a very small charge to avail of all the YC facilities, so it seems that, like so many other situations with MSC, YMMV.

Best of luck and I hope you have a wonderful cruise, whichever way it goes for you.  (Sorry I can't actually answer the question you posed).

Thanks Bea I will Do a search for the thread. Anyway off to my dressmaking class now to finish off a dress for this trip! I am not sure about the colour of it now though as I think I look like either a a pink jelly or a bridesmaid.... will make my mind up next week if it makes it into the suitcase!

43 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

You Can find your tickets where you do the web check in....

if it works we got our paperwork through from our TA but according to web check in the documents aren't ready yet

1 hour ago, Epos Man said:

if it works we got our paperwork through from our TA but according to web check in the documents aren't ready yet

We have checked in about 4 times and it is still saying we need to check in!

We were in the YC of the Divina a few years back, and the YC had a separate dining room and an included open bar. Unless thins have changed, the YC was a totally separate part of the ship only accessible to those with a room there. No ID was required to go to the YC dining room or bar.

I have the opposite problem!  I booked YC on Seaview sailing June 1st, and I just got an updated e-ticket "due to a change in on board experience" which turns out to be "complimentary bottled mineral water, American coffee and/or tea during lunch and dinner in the main dining room."  So I guess I was "down-graded" lol. 🤨

Edited by Kittinfeld
typo

We have our updated tickets the question is do we check in at Yach Club area or just the Black Priority boarding area? Also the tickets also are back showing 2nd dinner sitting so think we will be in the MDR. 

On a positive the cabin has a 🛀 not shower and from what I have read a coffee maker. I am more than happy if that is the only benefit we get!

Edited by nikkiw60

7 hours ago, Kittinfeld said:

I have the opposite problem!  I booked YC on Seaview sailing June 1st, and I just got an updated e-ticket "due to a change in on board experience" which turns out to be "complimentary bottled mineral water, American coffee and/or tea during lunch and dinner in the main dining room."  So I guess I was "down-graded" lol. 🤨

You don't indicate where you're posting from.  For UK and Ireland bookings, MSC began including water, tea and coffee in bookings made from May 1st 2018.  This would be denoted on tickets, regardless of experience booked, despite the fact that these would automatically be included, anyway, for Aurea and YC and those with drinks packages either included due to a promotion or pre-booked.

I'd noticed that those from the US were reporting that they were no longer getting bottled water included (which they had been);  this leads me to wonder where you're booking from.  If you're in the US, it would seem that MSC has since reconsidered its withdrawal of the benefit.

19 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

We have our updated tickets the question is do we check in at Yach Club area or just the Black Priority boarding area? Also the tickets also are back showing 2nd dinner sitting so think we will be in the MDR. 

On a positive the cabin has a 🛀 not shower and from what I have read a coffee maker. I am more than happy if that is the only benefit we get!

You could always chance your arm and check in at the YC area - how else are you supposed to access the enclave?  Mind you, there have been times when I'd rather have gone the Priority lane route when I'd see people boarding while we were stuck in the terminal waiting 'til it was deemed that there were enough YC guests to warrant a butler leading a group onto the ship.  In fact, last year in Dubai, when someone was having problems checking in, I went over to one of the butlers and said I'd make my own way onboard, thankyouverymuch!  Fortunately it turned out to be one of the better butlers who understood the situation and led the few that were waiting onto the ship.

My theory has always been that seating in the MDRs was set up according to cabin locations - not experiences (with the MyChoice dining room/area dealing with Aurea cabins), so they could assess the required number of tables and chairs based on the cabins' occupant numbers.  If you're in YC it would mean that the MDR would have to accommodate you over and above the number of cabins they already have to cater for.  This scuppers my theory!

Funny thing is I see the shower over bath situation as a negative in YC on Fantasia-class ships.  I'd never use the coffee maker, so it would be an irrelevance for me.  Just goes to show that it's all about POVs.  😄

41 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

You could always chance your arm and check in at the YC area - how else are you supposed to access the enclave?  Mind you, there have been times when I'd rather have gone the Priority lane route when I'd see people boarding while we were stuck in the terminal waiting 'til it was deemed that there were enough YC guests to warrant a butler leading a group onto the ship.  In fact, last year in Dubai, when someone was having problems checking in, I went over to one of the butlers and said I'd make my own way onboard, thankyouverymuch!  Fortunately it turned out to be one of the better butlers who understood the situation and led the few that were waiting onto the ship.

My theory has always been that seating in the MDRs was set up according to cabin locations - not experiences (with the MyChoice dining room/area dealing with Aurea cabins), so they could assess the required number of tables and chairs based on the cabins' occupant numbers.  If you're in YC it would mean that the MDR would have to accommodate you over and above the number of cabins they already have to cater for.  This scuppers my theory!

Funny thing is I see the shower over bath situation as a negative in YC on Fantasia-class ships.  I'd never use the coffee maker, so it would be an irrelevance for me.  Just goes to show that it's all about POVs.  😄

I have just called MSC re the website showing we still need to check in and to confirm we have done! At least 4 times...

i also asked the questions and we go to the regular boarding area and only have the cabin so will be in the MDR for dinner and unable to use the Topsail bar. 

Do you remember the song On the Outside Looking in??? That will be us... our cabin is at the entrance so we don’t need to walk through the area either... just think coffee maker and bath...