All Inclusive Day Pass in Mazatlan

MissKIA

Is there anywhere in Mazatlan that is not too far away where we can get a day pass at a beach club or all inclusive resort?  I've tried doing a search but haven't been able to find any clear answers.

8 hours ago, Ranyw said:

I was actually looking for an answer to see which of the two ports we should do a day pass in.

See my thread from a few months ago on this exact subject. 

There were great posts with pricing and options. 

We elected Secrets in PV and had an amazing day and stay. Well worth the $75 pp day pass fee. 

Years ago, we had a day pass (NOT all-inclusive) for Las Flores Beach Resort in the Golden Zone in Mazatlan.  We enjoyed the pool and the beach in front of the hotel.  We ate at the café and had beverages from the bar.  All NON-inclusive, but prices were reasonable.  Bathrooms were clean!!  We did not stay at Las Flores all day, but used it as our command post for exploring Golden Zone.

4 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Years ago, we had a day pass (NOT all-inclusive) for Las Flores Beach Resort in the Golden Zone in Mazatlan.  We enjoyed the pool and the beach in front of the hotel.  We ate at the café and had beverages from the bar.  All NON-inclusive, but prices were reasonable.  Bathrooms were clean!!  We did not stay at Las Flores all day, but used it as our command post for exploring Golden Zone.

Same here. That’s our goto place for Mazatlan. Decent beach, decent food and drinks but nowhere near the quality and experience level of PV resorts. 

Las Flores is a safe and central launch/base for Mazatlan. 

1 hour ago, CA_Cruzing said:

Same here. That’s our goto place for Mazatlan. Decent beach, decent food and drinks but nowhere near the quality and experience level of PV resorts. 

Las Flores is a safe and central launch/base for Mazatlan. 

Exactly.  Las Flores is a nice place to chill out, to eat lunch, to have a few drinks by the pool.  Low pressure!  And because it is NOT all-inclusive, there are not a bunch of yahoos trying to make sure that they drink enough to make the price worthwhile.  [My experience with the AI in PV.]

And there are plenty of jewelry stores and Mexican goods stores right there to visit with Las Flores as our base.

Let's please keep this a secret!!

You seem to be correct about PV being the better place to do this at, however we have friends in PV so we will be spending the day with them there visiting their favourite places, and we have something planned for Cabo already so Mazatlan is the only option left for an AI if we decide to do that.  I will check out the suggestions you guys have given, thank you!

29 minutes ago, MissKIA said:

You seem to be correct about PV being the better place to do this at, however we have friends in PV so we will be spending the day with them there visiting their favourite places, and we have something planned for Cabo already so Mazatlan is the only option left for an AI if we decide to do that.  I will check out the suggestions you guys have given, thank you!

check out TripAdvisor and sort hotels by "Traveler Ranked." From there dive in to see which ones interest you and contact your top 5 and see if they offer what you seek.

Las Flores is possibly, IMO, the best beach area in the Gold Zone. It's long and has enough space between you and the ocean.

If you do head to Las Flores, go early if you want to rent chaises and umbrellas. Both items do sell out fast and the sun in Mazatlan can be quite hot and cause sunburns if you're ill prepared. I speak from experience.

And bring a bunch of small US bills to tip and pay for things. And pay cash for your food and drink so you're not getting jacked into conversion prices (peso to usd). know your exchange rates so you'll get your best value. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=usd+to+peso&atb=v158-1&ia=currency

Same goes for Cabo and PV. When we use a US issued credit card we always pay in Pesos as we have no-cost exchange rates on our card and don't overpay based on what the merchant chooses to give you as their exchange rate.

Have a great trip and enjoy your vacation!

• 1 month later...

Anyone done a day pass at El Cid Morro Beach recently?  It's been many, many years since we've been there but it was awesome back then.  If so, what was the price, did you call ahead to book or just show up at the front desk?

Thanx.

On 5/14/2019 at 4:01 PM, CA_Cruzing said:

I’d recco PV for this type of day. The resorts in PV are much nicer than Mazatlan, IMO. 

I have a quick question for you because I did go back and see you went to Secrets. How far is the taxi ride from the port to the resort?  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, rwest898 said:

I have a quick question for you because I did go back and see you went to Secrets. How far is the taxi ride from the port to the resort?  Thanks in advance.

Maybe 10 mins. We exit the port and take a yellow cab. The white cabs in port are government/port taxis and charge more and are set fare rates (no negotiating and more expensive). 

When you exit the port you can negotiate the taxi fare. IIRC we paid $10 (negotiated) from port to Secrets. Driver first offered $20 and we stuck with $10. And added a $2 tip when we paid him. 

Secrets was an amazing day experience. It’s a beautiful resort and food and booze were great. 

Hope this helps. Lmk if you have more questions. 

Edited by CA_Cruzing

1 hour ago, CA_Cruzing said:

Here’s a quick map for reference:

83A066AE-4ADC-4CC1-BF4C-6DDD8C20239B.png

Thank you.  I emailed them yesterday and they sent back to email a couple of days before arriving.  I have some time before going but I always try to get everything in place before going.  I appreciate the map.

9 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

Thank you.  I emailed them yesterday and they sent back to email a couple of days before arriving.  I have some time before going but I always try to get everything in place before going.  I appreciate the map.

Yvw. Just f/u with them prior to your arrival. My research showed me they’re busiest during Easter. That’s when it’s harder to get their day pass. Other seasons outside of Dec-March are lower season and it’s easier to get a pass. 

Bring USD cash to tip you pool side server. $20 up front got my wife and me excellent service. We never saw the bottom of a glass and the chef was making to order food for us. Shrimp tacos, steak tacos, chicken quesadillas, habanero salsas, salads, grilled veggies and plenty of mixed drinks. PLENTY. 

Have a great cruise and trip. Please report your success and experience so others can see if this is something they’d like to do. 

Wife and and I will return to Secrets for a quick land vacation in the future. They won us over and from CA, it’s a quick hop onto Southwest to get there. We love PV!

And we’re in Vegas soon to enjoy Red Rock Resort and Summerlin. Great place to visit and relax. 

Edited by CA_Cruzing