Guaranteed Grade

Can someone more experienced with Regent please explain how a guaranteed cabin works?

Our TA says there are only these left to book and this means you cannot get a lower grade, but may get a higher grade.

Does this mean that you have no say in where your cabin is and when do you get notified of your cabin.

Thanks.

When you book a guarantee suite, what you are actually being "guaranteed" is that you will be assigned to a suite in the category you reserved, or higher (never lower, hence guarantee).  You do not have a say as to which suite you will receive, only that it will be in the minimum category you paid for.

Hope this makes sense!  

I believe that often the notice of which exact cabin you're assigned can come very close to sailing.   I'm looking at a possible cruise on Mariner, for instance, and our preferred "G" suites are already listed only as "guarantee."    On Mariner that would not work for us as we definitely need a suite with shower only, and some of the G suites have combo.  I imagine there are plenty of other circumstances where guarantee works just fine for people.

Edited by poss

@Boatmans Lady I'm glad to see a message from you today!  As our cruise comes to an end, I was just thinking that the people you boarded Navigator with in January are only just reaching the end of their cruise.  Can you imagine that?!

Will be in touch when we are home.  We too have a G suite booked for 2021 and are keeping everything crossed that something will clear before then so we can confirm our actual suite.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boatmans Lady said:

Can someone more experienced with Regent please explain how a guaranteed cabin works?

Our TA says there are only these left to book and this means you cannot get a lower grade, but may get a higher grade.

Does this mean that you have no say in where your cabin is and when do you get notified of your cabin.

Thanks.

No say and you are notified a few days to a week before the cruise.

Thank you Host Dan, Poss, and fudgbug for your quick replies and you have confirmed what I thought.

Hope you get something sorted Poss and can take your cruise.

Gilly, hope you had a fab cruise and funnily enough the cruise we are probably going to book is in 2021. You must be physic!!

Safe travels home and the weather is much improved here.

• Like 1

Just an update, I rang to book the cruise and asked if it was possible to select a cabin as Regent were showing available cabin numbers.

My TA replied that when she rang through to book the cruise, she would ask for me. 30 minutes later, she called back to say that the cruise was all booked and that Regent were happy to allocate a cabin number. It certainly pays to ask.

So I was doubly happy as we know where our cabin is and we have our 2nd cruise booked with Regent and to all those who told me that cruising on Regent can get addictive, they were right!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boatmans Lady said:

Just an update, I rang to book the cruise and asked if it was possible to select a cabin as Regent were showing available cabin numbers.

My TA replied that when she rang through to book the cruise, she would ask for me. 30 minutes later, she called back to say that the cruise was all booked and that Regent were happy to allocate a cabin number. It certainly pays to ask.

So I was doubly happy as we know where our cabin is and we have our 2nd cruise booked with Regent and to all those who told me that cruising on Regent can get addictive, they were right!! 

I wonder what that means?  If a person in a cabin number other than the one given you cancels, would you be bypassed?  Or do they keep a number of "unassigned" cabins in reserve?

Before I rang my TA, I checked via the Regent webpage if the grade of cabin was showing Waitlisted or Guaranteed only.

It was showing as available and by going so far with a booking, it showed me the available cabins to book.

So when I rang, I asked if it was possible to see if Regent would allocate our booking a cabin number. 

My TA said that all they had left to book was guaranteed cabins [we are in the UK, so possibly our TA's book differently to US agents!]

When asked, Regent allocated us one of the cabins in the grade I had been looking at,

Hope this helps to explain it. The cabin hadn't been allocated to anyone, it was available to book.