Advice on Hotel/Travel for Caldera, Costa Rica

jltflrs

Any advice, information on Port Caldera from SJO airport?  Suggestions as to stay in San Jose or travel to Puntarenas or Jaco?  Best/economical/efficient way to get from San Jose to Caldera?  Much appreciated.

13 minutes ago, jltflrs said:

Any advice, information on Port Caldera from SJO airport?  Suggestions as to stay in San Jose or travel to Puntarenas or Jaco?  Best/economical/efficient way to get from San Jose to Caldera?  Much appreciated.

There are plenty of reputable transfer services you can find on review sites that offer one way transfer for $100-120; many offer tour add on options.  

I am planning to stay in San Jose myself due to arrival time, so I have not looked near the port.  I understand San Jose is a great city with lots to do.  

Ok not sure what I'm looking at but I do not find any October 11 cruise on this site.  There are 16 pages of Crystal Symphony Roll Call.  There is October 25, 2019 discussion but doesn't offer any advice...can you send the page link please?  Have you chosen/decided upon your transportation SJO to Caldera yet?  Also is distance 3 hours or 1 hour away-seeing conflicting info.

Just called arenastravelcr.com -they have US phone number 610-707-2440 -spoke to Enock. - recommended by other roll call Crystal traveler.  Travel time is 1 1/2 hours from downtown and 1hour 10 minutes from airport.  Charges $120 for 1-5 people from downtown and $115 from airport.  If you have any new info to share, much appreciated.

• 3 months later...

We are on the Oct 11 Symphony cruise. Coming in 2 days early and looking at transfers to the port. Crystals transfer is from downtown San Jose. Have you decided how to get to the ship? Crystal offers transfer from downtown hotel but the hotel is sold out.

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend Odyssey tours. You can contact them atodysseytours@ gmail.com .  Alvaro will contact you very soon and setup your transfer, tours, etc. They picked us up at our hotel in downtown San Jose and took us to the port. They are very dependable, flexible, and helpful. We used their service 18 months ago and I just contacted them again for transportation to Puerto Caldera for another cruise we are on in December, but this time we will stay by the airport.

We stayed at the Presidente Hotel San Jose in downtown.  The location was perfect, close to the museums, Theater, and restaurants. The rate was great and it included an excellent breakfast. We booked a transfer with Odyssey tours and they took us to the port the day of our cruise. Alvaro can be contacted at:  odysseytours@gmail.com. They have tours of all kinds and are very flexible and easy to work with.