Crown and Anchor Status

Everyone turns the next level on a ship at some point.  Your points won't be awarded until a week to 10 after completion of your cruise.  So, no...you won't be official Platinum until the following cruise.  

Look at it this way...makes the next cruise that much sweeter.  🙂  Congrats!

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's always not until the next cruise, and like island lady said, it usually takes a week or two for the points to fully post.

That said, if you happen to be doing a back-to-back and you "level up" on the first cruise, you can talk with the loyalty ambassador to get the perks on the second leg even though the points won't typically have posted to your account yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

It's always not until the next cruise, and like island lady said, it usually takes a week or two for the points to fully post.

That said, if you happen to be doing a back-to-back and you "level up" on the first cruise, you can talk with the loyalty ambassador to get the perks on the second leg even though the points won't typically have posted to your account yet.

As listed on the OP's signature...they are on a 7 night.  So no B2B on that one for them.  But good info for them anyway.  Though me...I just prefer to wait until the points are officially added to my account.  Not really interested in bugging the LA to plug me in early before the points are posted...but that's just me.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, awestover89 said:

Also if you book a Next cruise on that cruise you can get the Balcony discount for that next level if applicable. 

10 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

On Carnival we turned Diamond during the cruise. However, we received the Diamond cards when checking in on that cruise. Royal should do the same.

Why should Royal change to match what Carnival does?
Why doesn't Carnival change? 

It makes no sense for a company to change their loyalty program to meet or match another program

• Like 4

Wouldn't it be nice when moving up to the next tier during your cruise and be able to use the perks when checking in and during the cruise you move up on? We were surprised and were very happy with that. Why would you want Carnival to change? Makes no sense at all to me. It would be nice to have the extras during that cruise. Guess you do not want them that way. Fine. Waite till your next cruise.

• Like 2

If a change is better for the consumer, why shouldn't the consumer be for it?  That said, I wish Carnival would offer an equivalent to Royal Refreshment drink package. I'm allergic to alcohol so don't want to pay the higher price for alcohol package.

If only we could combine features of different cruise lines into one perfect one 🙂

39 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Wouldn't it be nice when moving up to the next tier during your cruise and be able to use the perks when checking in and during the cruise you move up on? We were surprised and were very happy with that. Why would you want Carnival to change? Makes no sense at all to me. It would be nice to have the extras during that cruise. Guess you do not want them that way. Fine. Waite till your next cruise.

I did wait until my next cruise to obtain my status changes... A couple of cruises I was 1 point/night shy of leveling up at the end or at the beginning of a cruise. 

I wouldn't want to see what would happen if they decided to change it now.
If I remember correctly when they changed the point system (I think in 2010) it was a bit of a mess  

4 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

It was not fair at first. One point for each cruise no mater how many days. Now for each day. Correct me if I am wrong. Are Suites given double points per day? Guess if you are paying twice the price. Why not.

Suites are given an extra point per night.

Solo guests in a stateroom that normally holds two or more are also given an extra point per night.

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

Agreed, I also think this would be an incentive for those close to leveling up to book that next cruise.  

22 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Solo guests in a stateroom that normally holds two or more are also given an extra point per night.

Confused about the solo guests. They pay for two, but isn't that a one point per day. Same as me booking a balcony, inside or OV. I get one point per day. Not an extra point, is it?

41 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Would be nice if they still did DIAMONDS IN DECEMBER.  Got 3 points per night.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Confused about the solo guests. They pay for two, but isn't that a one point per day. Same as me booking a balcony, inside or OV. I get one point per day. Not an extra point, is it?

Solo guests get an extra point per day, unless they are in a studio stateroom category.

Two or more people in a non-suite: Each gets one C&A point per day

Two or more people in a suite:  Each gets two C&A points per day.

One person in a non-suite/non-studio: Two C&A points per day.

One person in a suite: Three C&A points per day.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Solo guests get an extra point per day, unless they are in a studio stateroom category.

Two people in a non-suite: Each gets one C&A point per day

Two people in a suite:  Each gets two C&A points per day.

One person in a non-suite/non-studio: Two C&A points per day.

One person in a suite: Three C&A points per day.

Ok got it. Thanks. Totally forgetting each one gets points credited to them individually. I was thinking room not individuals. Appreciate clearing that up for me.

2 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

We are loyal to Royal but agree with you 100%. Our next cruise is 18 nights, we turn D+ on the second night, what a bummer for us. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are loyal to Royal but agree with you 100%. Our next cruise is 18 nights, we turn D+ on the second night, what a bummer for us. 

Honestly, I know it isn't always possible, but if I were in that situation I would try to fit in a short 3 or 4 night cruise to trigger the level up. We're also in Florida, so it's a lot easier for us unfortunately

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awestover89 said:

Honestly, I know it isn't always possible, but if I were in that situation I would try to fit in a short 3 or 4 night cruise to trigger the level up. We're also in Florida, so it's a lot easier for us unfortunately

We did this on a weekend cruise to make it to D+.  Thought it was worth it for the perks on the next cruise, which was longer.  Since it left from Bayonne, it was a quick drive to the port, and quite a fun weekend!

4 minutes ago, kmorg1234 said:

We did this on a weekend cruise to make it to D+.  Thought it was worth it for the perks on the next cruise, which was longer.  Since it left from Bayonne, it was a quick drive to the port, and quite a fun weekend!

We wanted to do it to hit Diamond before our 12 night TA on the Symphony, but work schedule just never came together to allow it. For D+ I'm planning on keeping a much closer eye on our points and future cruises to better make the most of it. 

5 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

Why should Royal change to match what Carnival does?
Why doesn't Carnival change? 

It makes no sense for a company to change their loyalty program to meet or match another program

Haven't you ever noticed that when one company does something sometimes others will follow? I guess it depends on if they think it's worth it to them or not.