Logic of having to go through TA for small details?

foggyphils

15 hours ago, foggyphils said:

I’m thinking the control part might make more sense. As I imagine I’m part of a good percentage of calls into princess looking to do something and being told to go back through the TA. And Princess is paying those people to reroute us. Then the TA calls a different person that Princess is also paying to actually get it done. But I got the impression from my TA (not in a rude way or anything) they’d prefer me to be on hold and just do it myself. 😉 

A good TA would know that once the booking is transferred to them then all cruise related stuff must go through them.  The exception to this is initially booking EZair, which the client can do online, and for which the TA receives no compensation.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Look at my post. The $86 was on the first Travel Summary which showed the transfer. The later Travel Summary doesn't have the transfer and also doesn't have the $86 charge.

Got it. So did the total price change by $86 too? Or maybe this was before final payment. I guess what I’m saying is if that transfer was on there along with the $86 line item. And then that disappeared, but my total was the same, I’d be kinda ticked.

Either way, have fun on your trip. Looks like you get to leave tomorrow! 

3 hours ago, Times Prince said:

Apparently it is something in the EZair system that associates the gateway airport with the home address.  We had a cruise out of Houston once where we had to have the TA change our home airport to Houston, as we were driving to there from central Texas.  The following cruise required a change back by the TA so we could fly out of Austin..

I guess this part of the system is set up by the airline, which assumes one will  fly from a nearby airport always.

The rep that denied me my request to change the EZair default airport told me that my "Emergency Return" airport in Captains Circle is actually LAX/ Los Angeles.  The difference being the Captains Circle is in your "always" profile, where the EZair is related to the specific cruise, not tied to each other.  I live in Southern California and have potentially 5 airports all driveable from my home.  I do not know how it chose Orange County, it is NOT the closest one.  My most frequently used airport for cruises is LAX.  It was suggested that when I book in the future with TA I should ask then to have it changed.  IMO, this is so unnecessary to bother the TA.

Yes, I know I can scroll and change it every time I search EZair, and I do.  blaaaaaaaaah

Edited by hpeabody

I haven't made reservations through EZ-Air since last summer but back then (and the previous year) we had no issues changing from our default airport since we fly out of/to Washington, DC on summer cruises and Fort Lauderdale/Miami (our default) on cruises the rest of the year.  Is this something new for everyone or a Princess anomaly for certain unlucky passengers?

Edited by capriccio