Perfect Wedding

• 3 months later...

A perfect wedding isn't possible to planning for things that may come up is key and ensuring that someone else--not you-- can herd cats on the day of is critically important if the details are important go you. For us, we were happy to get married; the rest was a bonus. We controlled some elements but some things will go awry--no matter where a wedding is held--and you have to be prepared to roll with it.

If you are looking at an onboard wedding, the lines have set packages and things you can add on or bring onboard. Some elements may not turn out as imagined (some better, some worse) so you simply focus on what is most important to you both. Your relationship and planning for your marriage is more important than planning the impossible perfect wedding.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, SwankieG said:

A perfect wedding isn't possible to planning for things that may come up is key and ensuring that someone else--not you-- can herd cats on the day of is critically important if the details are important go you. For us, we were happy to get married; the rest was a bonus. We controlled some elements but some things will go awry--no matter where a wedding is held--and you have to be prepared to roll with it.

.... so you simply focus on what is most important to you both. Your relationship and planning for your marriage is more important than planning the impossible perfect wedding.

I felt very much the same way.  We were just happy to be getting married. If I had it to do over again, I would have done what I wanted and had a very small wedding with only the people who loved us the very most.  We had family "expectations" and did our best to meet them.  I have to say that my mother is very much a planner and she insisted on planning every little detail of my wedding.  Literally all I had to do was pick out my dress, pick a design for my cake and show up to the church and the reception site.  It was quite stress free for me and I am so glad. 

The only "snag" we hit was losing my wedding ring the night before the wedding.  I thought it was an omen that we weren't supposed to get married, but approaching 25 years later, it's really just a reminder to roll with the punches and don't sweat the small stuff.

The key to planning a "perfect" wedding? Do what you want and to heck with the expectations of everyone else. It is YOUR wedding and if someone doesn't like what you plan, they don't have to come OR they need to come and put a happy smile on their face and zip their lips.