A Call to all Veterans 5/27/2019 Carnival Liberty

This is a big hello to all veterans … here I am again (Fred, notolddrifter U. S. Navy, tincan sailor).  Last time I was on, I had 200 hits from veterans of all branches for HAL Nieuw Amsterdam.  200 people did not show up but we had a great showing and a great get-together for everyone who did show up with their wives.  The Cruise Director supplied drinks and munchies to eat for all who were present.  We had a great time talking about the old days when we served our country with honor and dignity.  We even joked around a little bit about how things were then and how they are now.  We had one gentlemen we called '88'' who was ex-army and helped keep the gathering going with an additional joke.  We came together with the help of my wife and '88' (and me!) conversing ahead of time with other veterans about our get-together which turned out to be great.  We had young and old attend.  Most get-together's take place on extended cruises.  I'm not sure if anything is planned for short cruises like our 4-day one.  That's why my wife and I take it upon ourselves to make sure our fellow veterans are not forgotten.  You can find me on the cruise very easily; I proudly wear my enlistment on my hat (USS Stickell, DDR 888) and on my back.    And my wife who was the Admiral's secretary for the 4th Naval District in Philadelphia PA.  Looking forward to meet any and all who are interested in  getting together.  A place for this meet-up is not designated yet.  We're playing it by ear.  You can usually find me around 0600 hours on the Lido Deck guzzling coffee.  We all have friends and family who were left behind which we honor especially on Memorial Day.       Thus this quote …..                                                                                                                   " ALL GAVE SOME; SOME GAVE ALL"

• 9 months later...