Our life on the Edge, 28 April 2019 TA, some photos & video

Silkroad

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I understand completely. The first priority was to enjoy your vacation and all that the Edge (and the lovely ports) had to offer. I'm really enjoying your slower-paced review. 😊

We want you to feeeel Edge rocking gently on the waves. Loooose yourself in the glory of fifteen - count them - fifteen fabulous days sailing between sea and sky. Each day a new adventure. Will your face be caressed by the sun as Edge glides effortlessly along the water, or will you find your sea legs (hint - knees always slightly flexed, as in skiing) in a tempest? Do you feeeel the gentle rocking? Do you see the many venues awaiting you? Will you have a martini or an espresso? A massage or a nap on a lounger? And your temporary abode? Miraculously, each time you return to it, elves have cleaned or tidied it! There's always something beautiful and fun here on the Edge😎🍹

2 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

We want you to feeeel Edge rocking gently on the waves. Loooose yourself in the glory of fifteen - count them - fifteen fabulous days sailing between sea and sky. Each day a new adventure. Will your face be caressed by the sun as Edge glides effortlessly along the water, or will you find your sea legs (hint - knees always slightly flexed, as in skiing) in a tempest? Do you feeeel the gentle rocking? Do you see the many venues awaiting you? Will you have a martini or an espresso? A massage or a nap on a lounger? And your temporary abode? Miraculously, each time you return to it, elves have cleaned or tidied it! There's always something beautiful and fun here on the Edge😎🍹

Sounds amazing! 🙂

33 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Poetry in Motion!

• Like 2

I am beginning to wonder what others are thinking about this peculiar love affair with us and Edge...

So, I will add a photo of Lisbon...see if you can see the small ship...

524850D3-CFAD-4713-9AC8-C24E5FD3E285.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I am beginning to wonder what others are thinking about this peculiar love affair with us and Edge...

Bah! Peculiar? I think I know what Mr. Edge would have to say to that😉

Great photo. Thanks! Our shots weren't wide enough to include the ship, so I didn't post them. 

• Haha 1

This night, we dined in Cyprus with our friends. Following our lovely dinner, we skipped the show in favor of our evening stroll around the ship. Since it was still rainy, we had the upper decks to ourselves...

20190508_224811.jpg

20190508_224836.jpg

20190508_224915.jpg

20190508_225412.jpg

20190508_225131.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

524850D3-CFAD-4713-9AC8-C24E5FD3E285.jpeg

I think some just can’t see past the failure they thought it would be. It was by far the best ship we have been on, of course there is always room for improvement on the next builds to make them even better:)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

I think some just can’t see past the failure they thought it would be. It was by far the best ship we have been on, of course there is always room for improvement on the next builds to make them even better:)

I agree that some of the most vocal Edge critics still insist that she’s a failure, and most of them haven’t even sailed on her. While working on this review, I’ve been thinking about how I feel about Edge. I think she’s a beautiful ship, and I enjoyed every one of my 15 days aboard her. She does have some design and furnishing issues, but Celebrity has been reacting to passenger feedback on these areas. Ditto for early criticism about entertainment and activities. I would happily sail Edge class again, though I do want to see fixes to some of the design issues, and price is a consideration. I also want to see Celebrity continue to try to offer live entertainment that is varied enough to appeal to everyone.

And now...it’s time to post another daily🙂

I tried to take a few photos from my onboard packet of art from Celebrity...not the best, but four none the less.  The bottom right is...what happens on Edge stays on Edge!

C1498E1E-22B3-4F65-BF83-9CEEF7864CA1.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Michelle, I'm not sure if you saw this new Edge Entertainment overview. When you have time to look at it, I would love to know if you have any idea if these changes had already been made on the TA. I know you said the Edenist show was only done 4 times on your cruise. I will go back through all of your dailies too now that I have this info and may be able to learn more. Thanks!

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/EDGE_Entertainment.pdf

26 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Michelle, I'm not sure if you saw this new Edge Entertainment overview. When you have time to look at it, I would love to know if you have any idea if these changes had already been made on the TA. I know you said the Edenist show was only done 4 times on your cruise. I will go back through all of your dailies too now that I have this info and may be able to learn more. Thanks!

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/EDGE_Entertainment.pdf

We know that the Sound issues mentioned in the theater were definitely corrected on the TA as we spoke to Martin about this on the Inaugural in December. The audio was so much better on the TA. 😊

Also we discovered Live Band Karaoke in the Club. It was very entertaining, if you’re up late. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I tried to take a few photos from my onboard packet of art from Celebrity...not the best, but four none the less.  The bottom right is...what happens on Edge stays on Edge!

C1498E1E-22B3-4F65-BF83-9CEEF7864CA1.jpeg

Love these and many more..

Vt..or someone

.Might be a good place to re post the link to the EDGE ART BOOK..

I hope I saved that link to use for my Nov EDGE Art Crawl! Have not yet asked on the roll call if anyone else is interested..There are mostly EDGE first time guests so maybe they will plan a more trad  cabin crawl.

I think many who  are very fond of EDGE, have followed it from the beginning and have a protective  view....even while  noting flaws and issues needing improvement, EDGIES see the vision going  forward!

Seems X is still in listening and improvement mode..gets .better every cruise!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

You may have already answered this, but did you go to the LGB brunch? Do you know how much it cost? Do you have a picture of the menu?  Thanks! 🙂

Yes, on day 7.  $20 pp. I didn't photograph the menu, but I did photograph my Coq au Vin & DH's fish dish😋

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

We know that the Sound issues mentioned in the theater were definitely corrected on the TA as we spoke to Martin about this on the Inaugural in December. The audio was so much better on the TA. 😊

Also we discovered Live Band Karaoke in the Club. It was very entertaining, if you’re up late. 😉

Since I wasn't on the earliest Edge cruises, I'll defer to C-Dragons when it comes to how much the sound in the theater has improved between then and now. I can say that I thought the theater sound was great on this cruise☺️

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

So that was brunch, not lunch? 🙂

No. I did not go to brunch. It was lunch, on day 7, which was Saturday, May 4th. We were charged $20 pp, according to my printout of my our shipboard accounts.

Edited by Silkroad

1 minute ago, Silkroad said:

No. I did not go to brunch. It was lunch, on day 7, which was Saturday, May 4th. We were charged $20 pp.

Thanks, it looks like on day 12 they had the brunch from 10:30-1:00, with pastries, eggs Benedict, crepes made to order, seafood - it sounds like the old breakfast menu, without the seafood. That was $10 PP, but with the seafood, it must be more. Someone said they were doing brunch  twice/cruise now, but no breakfast.

This was a very lazy day for us. After days of eating more than we normally do, we were ready for a light dinner in the OVC. We did go to the theater for the 9:30 show, because I wanted to see Katerina Rossa. She put on an excellent show, but her playing didn't reach me the way Cello 2 Cello's did (especially their evening performance). I did try to get video of one piece, but I failed. I was entertained by her seamless transition from elegant classical soloist playing classical pieces to bombshell rocker playing a flawless cover of "Highway to Hell"😜 We were trying, unsuccessfully, to make it a fairly early night, because the next day was Bilbao.☺️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, it looks like on day 12 they had the brunch from 10:30-1:00, with pastries, eggs Benedict, crepes made to order, seafood - it sounds like the old breakfast menu, without the seafood. That was $10 PP, but with the seafood, it must be more. Someone said they were doing brunch  twice/cruise now, but no breakfast.

We saw no breakfasts there. We did notice that there was at least one brunch (maybe two) but we were underwhelmed by the  pay extra for a buffet concept. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I know you said the Edenist show was only done 4 times on your cruise. I will go back through all of your dailies too now that I have this info and may be able to learn more.

I thought the Eden show, named Revelation at Eden, would be performed only twice per week. Looking at the dailies, I see that it was actually performed six times (by my count, anyway) on our fifteen night cruise. 

• Thanks 1