Our life on the Edge, 28 April 2019 TA, some photos & video

Silkroad

34 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, it looks like on day 12 they had the brunch from 10:30-1:00, with pastries, eggs Benedict, crepes made to order, seafood - it sounds like the old breakfast menu, without the seafood. That was $10 PP, but with the seafood, it must be more. Someone said they were doing brunch  twice/cruise now, but no breakfast.

VT, I think the brunch was $39.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, it looks like on day 12 they had the brunch from 10:30-1:00, with pastries, eggs Benedict, crepes made to order, seafood - it sounds like the old breakfast menu, without the seafood. That was $10 PP, but with the seafood, it must be more. Someone said they were doing brunch  twice/cruise now, but no breakfast.

Just looked again. NO breakfasts in Le Grande Bistro on our cruise. Each day, they offered lunch, except on the three days they offered brunch instead. Edited because I missed one on the first pass! I see brunches on 4/30, 5/3, and 5/9.

Edited by Silkroad

1 minute ago, Silkroad said:

Just looked again. NO breakfasts in Le Grande Bistro on our cruise. Each day, they offered lunch, except on the two days they offered brunch instead.

Yes, that’s what I heard - maybe from Suzy? Thanks for verifying!🌼

Edited by vtcruising

8 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, that’s what I heard - maybe from Suzy? Thanks for verifying!🌼

I'm fairly sure I mentioned it before also, though it may have been on your Potential Edge Mods thread. When you said "someone said", I couldn't tell if that someone had actually been on this TA. We've all been led far away from the path on occasion by people who were merely speculating. That's why I'm trying to be very specific about what I actually observed on board (or see in the dailies)☺️

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Michelle, I'm not sure if you saw this new Edge Entertainment overview. When you have time to look at it, I would love to know if you have any idea if these changes had already been made on the TA. I know you said the Edenist show was only done 4 times on your cruise. I will go back through all of your dailies too now that I have this info and may be able to learn more. Thanks!

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/EDGE_Entertainment.pdf

I've taken a quick look at this, and as I've already mentioned, I count the Eden show six times in our cruise dailies.  I think the Eden show we attended did last about an hour. It certainly didn't seem too long to me.

The Edenists were definitely performing during our Eden dinner, and I don't see why they would discontinue their performances. How odd that they list that change in the presentation. What will they do with the orbs?😂

I noticed many of the activities mentioned, such as Trivia, dance lessons, Meditation, and knitting. It seems like there were at least three night time parties by the pool, including the White Nights party. There were also Silent Disco nights. There was always something going on at The Club at night, but we were always doing something already, or they were playing something we weren't in the mood for. I like the later Beatles music & and some ABBA, but yet another Beatles Dance Party or ABBA sing along? We gave those a pass, but I regretted missing some of the others.

Edited by Silkroad

I had wanted to visit the Basque region, and Bilbao for many years. For this reason, I had arranged a private tour for DH and myself. Ultimately, our four friends decided to join us, so we were a group of six. We were to meet our guide at 9:00 outside the terminal and return to the ship by 4:00. DH and I had a great time, and I hope the others did too☺️ 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I had wanted to visit the Basque region, and Bilbao for many years. For this reason, I had arranged a private tour for DH and myself. Ultimately, our four friends decided to join us, so we were a group of six. We were to meet our guide at 9:00 outside the terminal and return to the ship by 4:00. DH and I had a great time, and I hope the others did too☺️ 

Yes, we all had a great time...and loved Irene!

Unfortunately, I left my raincoat in the way back off the Mercedes, but did not remember until my DH and I were in our cabin.  He actually ran to the balcony to see if Irene was still there; yes she was! After yelling to her, he ran down to get it, but was first detained by the crew, telling him he could not get off the ship,  After he explained, they said okay...he was the very last one aboard with my pink raincoat...if you have already heard this story, I apologize!

Edited by Lastdance

3 hours ago, hcat said:

I think we'd prefer doing the lunch meal...seems like a better value for the upcharge,  But so much can change before Nov. What is the status of the bakery?

The bakery was still there, and had some tasty looking items😋 We think (based on a conversation with a staff member there) bakery items were for sale when the restaurant wasn’t serving meals, but we never purchased any ourselves. 

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Unfortunately, I left my raincoat in the way back off the Mercedes, but did not remember until my DH and I were in our cabin.  He actually ran to the balcony to see if Irene was still there; yes she was! After yelling to her, he ran down to get it, but was first detained by the crew, telling him he could not get off the ship,  After he explained, they said okay...he was the very last one aboard with my pink raincoat...if you have already heard this story, I apologize!

Great story....you will never forget the pink raincoat or your husb's gallantry!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Algorta 

Does that say "Tattoo" over the window - did you guys sneak off and get your Edge tattoos? 😉

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

20190510_092203.jpg

I do love the flower pots on the wall - so lovely!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Does that say "Tattoo" over the window - did you guys sneak off and get your Edge tattoos? 😉

I do love the flower pots on the wall - so lovely!

Ha ha we'll never tell, right Suzy? 

That's the name of the house, La Casa Tatoena, which has been winning regional prizes for its beauty for many years🌺

I love the colorful flower pots too. I also love the wild thistle on the door...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hcat said:

Blown away by these photos..must go there.  I gardened today..back is  a bit better.... this place  looks soooo amazing!

I'm glad your back is getting better🌻🌼🌻  

It is a very beautiful region, and I haven't even gotten to Bilbao itself, or the food & wine😊

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Girl, you forgot to mention that they'd already called, "all aboard"!  That's real love❤️👫❤️

Edited by Silkroad
  • Thanks 1