Copenhagen port to airport

If you can leave a the port at that time then it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm guessing you have to check your luggage in so arrival no later at 9 at the airport should be ideal. 

Then you have to get from the pier at around 8:15

If your flight is outside the Schengen area (GB, USA, Canada, Dubai, etc) then add 20 minutes or so for passport control. 

And notice that if you fly with Ryanair, Easyjet, Wizzair and the likes then your gate is located 10-15 minutes away on foot. 

Edited by Danish viking

2 hours ago, Danish viking said:

If you can leave a the port at that time then it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm guessing you have to check your luggage in so arrival no later at 9 at the airport should be ideal. 

Then you have to get from the pier at around 8:15

If your flight is outside the Schengen area (GB, USA, Canada, Dubai, etc) then add 20 minutes or so for passport control. 

And notice that if you fly with Ryanair, Easyjet, Wizzair and the likes then your gate is located 10-15 minutes away on foot. 

Thank you, Danish Viking.  We are considering the  SAS flight to Newark (US).  I agree it’s doable, although possibly a bit more stress than I would like.

I have no experience with this but isn't there some kind of pre boarding procedure for us flights. 

They usually recommend to be at the airport 2-3 hours before any US flight so that would be somewhere between 7:25 and 8:25 and that would be cutting it very close. 

I would probably go for the transfer because depending on your destination you are running on a tight schedule. 

The number of taxis depends on how many ships that are docked in Oceankaj. 

If all 3 terminals are in use then the number of taxies can get a little bit limited. 

So if you have a date so I can see how many ships that are in port and also a destination of your flight I can help you some more. 

1 hour ago, Danish viking said:

I would probably go for the transfer because depending on your destination you are running on a tight schedule. 

The number of taxis depends on how many ships that are docked in Oceankaj. 

If all 3 terminals are in use then the number of taxies can get a little bit limited. 

So if you have a date so I can see how many ships that are in port and also a destination of your flight I can help you some more. 

It's June 24th and there are 3 other ships in port besides the Zuiderdam . Also we will be doing a turn around day on June 10th . So what would be the best way to Tivoli Gardens and return to the ship before it sails at 17: 00  ? Thank you very much for your help .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Its only Zuiderdam and Marina that is docked at Oceankaj so it should be easier to get a taxi because its 2 medium sized ship. 

On the 10th its easier to just take bus 25 or 27 to Østerport and then take any southbound train to København H. 

We are also coming in on the Zuiderdam and have a 10:40 flight on Air Canada to Toronto. I’m wondering if we used some sort of luggage direct service if that would save time at the airport. We are flying business class - will that help us get through an expedited security line like it does in the U.S.?

Only Security and check Inn has express lines for business passengers but there is none at the passport control.

Airluggage.dk will only get your luggage to the airport but you have to collect it yourself at their office and check it in. 

What time can you leave the ship, if I was you I would try a to be at the airport at 8 and no later than 8:30.

Transport time from the airport of you take a taxi is around 30-40 minutes depending on traffic. 

A recent poster said that there was 60-70 people in line for a taxi when she took the public bus and that was with only the medium sized Viking Jupiter in port that day. 

So the number of ships will og course also have an influence on how long it will take to get a taxi. 

On 5/19/2019 at 3:11 PM, AnnieBelle said:

We are also coming in on the Zuiderdam and have a 10:40 flight on Air Canada to Toronto. I’m wondering if we used some sort of luggage direct service if that would save time at the airport. We are flying business class - will that help us get through an expedited security line like it does in the U.S.?

Hi AnnieBelle,

We will be on NCL Getaway in July & have booked the 10:40 AC flight to Toronto too. If you are sailing before July, please share your experience.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I guess our best bet is to use the transfer service if it is offered. Otherwise, we may try to be the first group walk off the ship & take a taxi. 

What is the earlies time you can leave the ship. 

Bus 25 runs from around 6 in the morning and bus 25 starts at running from 8 but that is probably to late.. 

Transport time with bus and train is roughly 40 minutes. 

On 5/15/2019 at 5:19 PM, cruisinginmay said:

I am on the NCL Getaway docking in Copenhagen on a Wednesday morning.  Scheduled arrival is 7:00 am. If I walk off with my luggage, is it safe to book a 10:25 am flight, or would that be cutting it too close?

We are in a similar situation.  Originally, we were booked a flight on a Norwegian Airlines flight from Copehagen to Dublin which was suppose to depart at 12:30 PM.    Unfotunately, that flight was cancelled and we were placed on a 8:00 AM flight on June 24th.   Our only choices was to change it to a 10:00 AM departure or an evening departure that day.

We decided to try for the 10:00 AM departure on Norwegian Airlines as we would not reach our Hotel in Southwest Ireland until the next day if we took the evening flight.

I figure we have no better than a 50 percent chance of making that 10 AM flight after athe cruise.  So we booked a 15:35 flight on Ryan Air for insurance in case we case we cannot make the 10:00 AM time with Norwegian air.

Thus we now have 2 flights to the same destianation that day.  I only did that because the Ryan Air flight was a low cost alternative.

We will first try to catch the 10:00 AM flight with Norwegian Air.   But if we can't make it, we will take the 15:35 Ryan Air flight instead.

All of this makes it quite confusing as when we should arrive in Dublin to pick up our rental car. 

AnnieBelle, we will be getting off of Oceania Marina at the same time, and are also booked on that 10:40 flight.  Originally, the flight was scheduled for an 11:05 departure, making it a little better.  But all we can do is get off the ship as fast as possible, then hope for the best.  A little stress will make it easier for me to go back to work the next day.😀