Deluxe Honeymoon Versus Romance Package NCL

Endurance

Hi Everyone,

First time cruising as an adult and it's for my honeymoon! We're taking an Alaskan cruise on Norwegian Jewel.

I saw there are two packages listed online for the Romance Packages. They are both the same price,  but the one has tea service. 

Is there any reason I should go one over the other? It is my honeymoon,  but the other one offers an extra service for no additional cost. 

We're most excited about the massages. 

Deluxe Honeymoon Package

• Sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation
  • Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening
  • Classic Dozen Red Roses
  • Breakfast in bed on one day of your choice
  • Romantic Dinner for two in Le Bistro
  • Two 25-minute half-body Swedish Massages
  • One 8x10 Professional Portrait

Deluxe Romance Package 

• Sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation
  • Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening
  • Classic Dozen Red Roses
  • Breakfast in bed on one day of your choice
  • Romantic Dinner for two in Le Bistro
  • Two 25-minute half-body Swedish Massages
  • Tea service in your stateroom on the afternoon of your choice
  • One 8x10 Professional Portrait

• 8 months later...

Congrats to the new Happy Couple! ❤️ Can I ask how you liked this package? I'm thinking of ordering the same thing,  I'm not getting married but our cruise will be a week away from our two year old Tasmanian devil so I'm trying to make it extra special.

I can tell you I ordered the  regular romance package for our 25th annv. cruise.  We didn't really care about the massage or breakfast in bed, the rest was great.  We sailed out of Miami and the roses looked as fresh at disembarkation as the day we boarded.  My wife hated to leave them behind.  Le Bistro was great!

3 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

I can tell you I ordered the  regular romance package for our 25th annv. cruise.  We didn't really care about the massage or breakfast in bed, the rest was great.  We sailed out of Miami and the roses looked as fresh at disembarkation as the day we boarded.  My wife hated to leave them behind.  Le Bistro was great!

Thanks so much Karl! My understanding is that you can order breakfast in bed anyway right? I did just that on my last cruise. I can't wait to try Le Bistro! How was the massage, or did you guys skip it? 

You can order continental breakfast delivered at no charge (croissant/muffins, fruit, coffee). I assume the one in the package would be a full hot breakfast.  As I said, we got the regular package rather than the deluxe because we figured a 25 min massage might be too short, and as I am always up first, I run up to the buffet and grab coffee and croissants so she gets breakfast in bed everyday 😉

Hey,

So as Newlyweds, it was totally worth the expense. I went with the Deluxe Romance since it had the extra piece. You do get basic breakfast delivered, but this is an expanded breakfast. The flowers were beautiful and lasted all week. Roses are my favorite flower and I loved looking at them all week. Room service even filled the vase for us! All of the food is really good. Loved the French restaurant. 

The champagne is nice, but unneccessary if you have the open bar package. We actually ended up bringing it home with us and celebrating again.

My dairy farmer husband thought the massage was strange, but I enjoyed it. Next time, I might just get the package without it and get a massage seperate.

The canapes were six little things, but something nice to come into the room and see.

Overall, I would get it again!

20190817_070828.jpg

20190812_131932.jpg

20190812_165344.jpg

10 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

You can order continental breakfast delivered at no charge (croissant/muffins, fruit, coffee). I assume the one in the package would be a full hot breakfast.  As I said, we got the regular package rather than the deluxe because we figured a 25 min massage might be too short, and as I am always up first, I run up to the buffet and grab coffee and croissants so she gets breakfast in bed everyday 😉

OH! I completely misunderstood. I think 25 minutes is too short too. It takes me that long to fall asleep 😂 I think I'll do the regular package too. The one offered on our cruise is for two to la Cucina. Thanks so much for all the info! 

28 minutes ago, Endurance said:

Hey,

So as Newlyweds, it was totally worth the expense. I went with the Deluxe Romance since it had the extra piece. You do get basic breakfast delivered, but this is an expanded breakfast. The flowers were beautiful and lasted all week. Roses are my favorite flower and I loved looking at them all week. Room service even filled the vase for us! All of the food is really good. Loved the French restaurant. 

The champagne is nice, but unneccessary if you have the open bar package. We actually ended up bringing it home with us and celebrating again.

My dairy farmer husband thought the massage was strange, but I enjoyed it. Next time, I might just get the package without it and get a massage seperate.

The canapes were six little things, but something nice to come into the room and see.

Overall, I would get it again!

20190817_070828.jpg

20190812_131932.jpg

20190812_165344.jpg

WOW. This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing the breakfast in bed is so tempting 😊