A ...Always Try

L...Lose Inches

E...Exercise

L...Like

O...Ourselves

S...Slimmer

S..Summer Is Coming   

Good Morning Belle --- Love the post!  

I had a good week ... but diet wise it was not good.   Went out to dinner Friday, Sunday, Wednesday (Tuesday I made amazing flat bread pizza ... but ate way too much of it).  Alas, (but not surprising) I am up 0.4# this week.  I need to get motivated so that I have a loss next week!!!

Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

Edited by Jan_In_Maine
can't spell

I'm down 1.4# this week, but still a lot to go.  Sun is shining so I'm going to get some yard work done.  Short run and circuit weight training tonight.

Just over 2 weeks until the cruise and most of my summer clothes still fit from last year so at least I don't need to buy anything.

Hi all!

Belle ~ good words of wisdom, thanks.

I'm back from my cruise adventure & only up 1.4 lbs which I though was pretty good. Of course I reached a new high

but didn't break into the next group of ten.

I had a really great time, both in NYC, on the cruise & the 2 days in Amsterdam touring around with my Dutch friend I met on the Epic 8 years ago.

Have a great weekend & hope to have better news next week.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 2

Hello glad to have had a good week - one day at a time! Last night went to the movies and shockingly didn't buy anything but a diet soda. I'm not missing the junk! I haven't weighed myself since Tuesday. Next week I'll be on this schedule. Using a new app where I track my goals to assist me in this journey.

peace!

• Like 1

Hello! Not up but not down. Week went pretty well. I am going to focus on packing fruit and lunches Monday- Weds.  My other goal is gym on the weekend and three times at work during lunch!

Hope all is well! Have a great week!

• Like 1

Hi, all.  Sorry I've been missing for a while.  I have been very busy with my DH and all of his doctor's appointments.  He is having a procedure done the end of May and that has kept us very busy.

I had a really nice, relaxing cruise with my granddaughter.  We enjoyed our time alone together.

The good news is, I have not gained any weight in all this time.  The bad news is, I have not lost any weight in all this time.  I am 4.6lbs away from my final goal weight.  I need to step it up.  I am going on another cruise at the end of July and I want to be at final goal by then.  

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Rose

• Like 2

Hello,

I'm back. We had a great time on our cruise and in Prague. What an amazing city. Oh, and some of the food. The croissants, cheese and salamis, mmmm. 

I'm going to wait until next week to weigh-in. Need to detox the salt from my body. Hopefully I didn't do too bad. 

Glad to see some famliar folks. Glad some did well. Nice cruises some took. 

Diana

• Like 3

Hey all, Hope you all had a good week and weigh ins. Its certainly been  rough going the last several weeks dealing with so many different issues and hopefully on the positive side of things again after the best cruise we have ever taken...  I am up over 6lbs from a month ago but am sure I can knock that back off easily and get back on track.. I am only 9lbs from my goal and next cruise isn't until October, but then again summers coming so I better get to it... take care all Rob...

• Like 2

Nice to see you all here. Where are the rest of you that use to come in?

I said the same this week not moving much hurt my leg some how. But getting better.

Hope heals fast cruise on the 26th.

Jan that isn't that much of a gain for the eating out. You'll get off soon.

Pac nice loss and exercise. Cruise in two weeks. Yea!

Jo glad you had a great time on the cruise and land. Nice you spent time with cruise friend.

Hale good job at the show. Yes all we can do..one day at a time.

Tmc it's good you didn't gain. Stayed the same.  Have a great week with exercise and food.

Rose it's good to see you. Hope your husband is doing good and his procedure helps him to be better.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise and have another one coming. So close to goal. You'll do it.

Diana welcome back. Glad you had a wonderful cruise and enjoyed Prague. I heard it was beautiful.

I'm sure if up it's the traveling, salt water and some will go away.

Rob sorry your going thru so much stress. At quiet times just think of the cruise you had and you have

one in Oct. Your so close to goal. You'll do it too!

Hope everyone has a good weekend . Any exciting plans or just the same o same o?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belle said:

Hale good job at the show. Yes all we can do..one day at a time.

Hope everyone has a good weekend . Any exciting plans or just the same o same o?

Thanks! We are planting our garden this weekend. Lots of things to do outside to get the huge yard cleaned up after a hard winter.

To bad there's not any night-owls on here besides me. Glad you all can sleep

or have partners that can take up your time.:classic_smile:

I guess just have to talk to myself! Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Belle said:

To bad there's not any night-owls on here besides me. Glad you all can sleep

or have partners that can take up your time.:classic_smile:

I guess just have to talk to myself! Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

I should have come downstairs ... I was awake all night ... I tossed and turned and then got my kindle and book light and just read!!!  Hate not sleeping!  Jan

On 5/17/2019 at 10:17 AM, nyer said:

Hi, all.  Sorry I've been missing for a while.  I have been very busy with my DH and all of his doctor's appointments.  He is having a procedure done the end of May and that has kept us very busy.

I had a really nice, relaxing cruise with my granddaughter.  We enjoyed our time alone together.

The good news is, I have not gained any weight in all this time.  The bad news is, I have not lost any weight in all this time.  I am 4.6lbs away from my final goal weight.  I need to step it up.  I am going on another cruise at the end of July and I want to be at final goal by then.  

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Rose

Welcome back, Rose.  I'm glad you got some nice time away with your granddaughter.  Hoping the procedure goes well for your husband.

You are so close to your goal 🙂 You've got this!

Thank you, pacruise.   Anything dealing with the brain is so scary.  We are a little nervous but have complete faith in the neuro surgeon who is doing the procedure.  It is next week, so I will let you all know how it goes.  

Rose

Rose I didn't know is surgery was for his brain. Thought he had heart problems.

Will be thinking of him next week and you. You have a good surgeon so sure

everything will be fine. I know you won't stop worrying till it's over. Try to stay calm. Breathe.

30 minutes ago, nyer said:

Thank you, pacruise.   Anything dealing with the brain is so scary.  We are a little nervous but have complete faith in the neuro surgeon who is doing the procedure.  It is next week, so I will let you all know how it goes.  

Rose

Rose - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers - Jan

Diana thank you. It's getting better but not where it should be.

Why do " things" happen when going on a trip of any kind. Putting

me behind running errands and getting ready. Plus need to walk

in port and on the ship. I'll be the one limping or siting down.

I really hope it gets better day by day, Leave on Sunday. Don't mind

limping but would like not to be in pain.

Belle, I missed about your leg 😞 Wishing for quick pain relief for you.  Do you have access to a rollator (sp?) type walker (the type you can walk or sit on and shuffle backwards?  They don't take much space but might be good for the cruise.  I think most ships offer wheelchair assistance for boarding even if you don't need the wheelchair the entire cruise.

Take an internet friend/lay person's advice for what it is worth 😉 I often find walking and stretching to help most of my leg discomfort.  Standing on a stair and letting your heels drop below the step then raising yourself back to level can help strengthen the calf muscles. Wrapping a long towel around the ball of your foot and pulling your foot towards you gives a similar stretch too and can be done from bed.  Standing near or against a wall and lifting your toes can help with your shins (the wall keeps you from falling backwards).  Biofreeze is great for muscle aches, but does have a menthol scent (disperses quicker than Ben Gay though).

Listen to your body.  Discomfort/aches are one thing, but pain is something else.  Take care 🙂 

Pac thanks. Don't need a walker. Leg might just limit me in what I do.

Some things can do better than others. Still have pain but it just has to heal.

Just have take it easier than normal. Going for the scenery and can see that from

the ship. Just won't do as much in port but that's alright this is my 9th cruise to Alaska.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your well wishes.   Belle, my husband does not have heart problems, fortunately.   The surgery is to view and possibly repair two aneurysms that they found when he had the stroke.

Belle, I hope that your leg is better soon and it doesn't have an impact on your cruise.   Have a great time.

The procedure is next week, May 30th, so I will let you all know how he is doing.

• Like 1