Live 18/5/2019 Indy's back in Europe

For the sake of research we decided to try the Skypad! I'm not very brave so just jumped but Mark is more adventurous and went the whole hog with the VR. It was actually good fun although I don't think we jumped very high.

It was cold and windy up there so no queues. We were talking to the staff and they said the case has been resolved with a settlement of 8 million. A new company has taken over the running of it and all the ropes have been checked.

IMG_20190519_130322.jpg

IMG_20190519_130107.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Micnvic said:

I am loving all your posts and feedback. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I hope you sail into some nice weather and see some sun.

Thanks, yes we're enjoying it. The weather forecast for Hamburg is better tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Tonight is formal night. We're sitting in Boleros with a drink people watching. As is usual for cruises from Southampton there are quite a lot of people dressed up. They could do with a few more bar tenders though, there are only 2 for the whole area.

Tonight's menu

IMG_20190519_133454.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kernow said:

Tonight is formal night. We're sitting in Boleros with a drink people watching. As is usual for cruises from Southampton there are quite a lot of people dressed up. They could do with a few more bar tenders though, there are only 2 for the whole area.

Tonight's menu

IMG_20190519_133454.jpg

We experienced that in Boleros in October and most people were queuing at the bar for drinks.

Once the waiter realised I was tipping $1 a drink for D+ drinks he kept coming to our table.

Thanks for all this info , we are sailing Baltic cruise next week not on the same ship but info on what goes on in Europe is good , if you have a chance could you look at prices of bottles of red wine in dining room?

I live in Spain but i'm from Cornwall too . Enjoy your holiday xx

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We experienced that in Boleros in October and most people were queuing at the bar for drinks.

Once the waiter realised I was tipping $1 a drink for D+ drinks he kept coming to our table.

We were tipping too but Mark had to go up to the bar for drinks, there were no roving waiters. Even up in the VCL later on during happy hour we had to go up to the bar. Luckily many of the passengers are fellow Brits so it's not something we mind too much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kernow said:

Something I haven't mentioned so far, the account is no longer on the TV, you have to get it on the app.

Is there any interactive TV?  Room service?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Is there any interactive TV?  Room service?

Mark has just checked and he says there is no interactive TV at all. I asked the concierge this morning about the account and she was the one who told me about the app. She said all ships will be doing it.

There is a room service menu in the room and it says to call but I'm guessing that will be on the app too. You know me, I don't do apps😀

It's turned out to be a lovely day today. We went for a walk into town earlier, it's an easy walk right into the centre near the Rathaus from the Hafencity terminal. We're now back sitting on the balcony in warm sunshine enjoying a plate of chocolate strawberries that had been delivered  while we were out.

6 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Some Dancing on Ice stars are onboard? Wow.

I wondered what you were talking about but have just re read the Compass and seen it. I love the show on TV, so will look out for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kernow said:

I wondered what you were talking about but have just re read the Compass and seen it. I love the show on TV, so will look out for them.

One of them is the reigning champion. Sounds great.

Loving the review so far. Indy is a wonderful ship and this looks like an interesting itinerary. Glad to see that they have 80's night tonight, that's a brilliant theme night.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

Good morning from a bit further north in the North sea. We're back to another grey day but it sounds like there will be plenty going on around the ship.

The Take That tribute were great, if anyone has them on an upcoming cruise don't miss them. The theatre was busy but not really packed but apparently most Americans have never heard of them! 'Robbie' especially was excellent with a great voice and all the attitude, he even did a couple of his own hits. 

After another excellent dinner we went to the 80s party on the promenade. It's our era and we always love it but I didn't think it was as good this time. Our last few cruises have been on the smaller ships where it's been in the Centrum or even on deck and we preferred that with a proper dance floor.