Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
kernow

Live 18/5/2019 Indy's back in Europe

Recommended Posts

Are you coming down for the disco Heather?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a nice time ashore. We've been to Bruges many times so we took the tram a few stops North to the lovely little beach town of Knokke. The weather was so nice that we sat out at one of the beach bars having drinks. There are some really nice shops there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry that the menu has posted a bit wonky, Mark just cropped it for me and he has been drinking in the lounge.

 

Graham, just been talking to the concierge and she said there are a lot less D and up on the next cruise so the lounge should be OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kernow said:

Sorry that the menu has posted a bit wonky, Mark just cropped it for me and he has been drinking in the lounge.

 

Graham, just been talking to the concierge and she said there are a lot less D and up on the next cruise so the lounge should be OK.

Thanks.

We prefer the VCR when it was overflow last May to the DL.

Do they still have those cafe tables in the DL? It looked more like Gregg's than a loyalty lounge.

Graham.

IMG_20180528_144714.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kernow said:

Tonight's  menu

20190524_194647.jpg

Menu looks fab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see they are still carrying on with the mixed grill on the main menu  😞

Other than that the menu looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, loveheart said:

I see they are still carrying on with the mixed grill on the main menu  😞

Other than that the menu looks good.

And here this crazy American just had to look up what bubble and squeak was.  Is the mixed grill not good?

 

Enjoying looking at the menus to get a feel for what we may see when we board Indy in July.  Definitely different menus than what we see in the Caribbean. 

 

I know we will get some firsthand impressions, of the food, from our friends who are onboard now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And here this crazy American just had to look up what bubble and squeak was.  Is the mixed grill not good?

 

Enjoying looking at the menus to get a feel for what we may see when we board Indy in July.  Definitely different menus than what we see in the Caribbean. 

 

I know we will get some firsthand impressions, of the food, from our friends who are onboard now. 

Mixed grill is basically what we would have for a cooked breakfast. I wouldn't call it fine dining. 

The menu's  do look better than what we had on Celebrity a few weeks ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kernow said:

Vintages menu

20190524_145051.jpg

20190524_145057.jpg

20190524_144850.jpg

Thank you so much for snapping these!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

We prefer the VCR when it was overflow last May to the DL.

Do they still have those cafe tables in the DL? It looked more like Gregg's than a loyalty lounge.

Graham.

IMG_20180528_144714.jpg

Yes the DL still has the tables, I said a few days ago that I would prefer nicer seating.

 

Mark had the mixed grill and said he enjoyed it, although the bubble and squeak was not proper! I had the pasta which was nice.

 

We're just back in the cabin and have put the cases out. I'll sign off now but will update with final thoughts when we get home.

 

Wishing all of you boarding soon  a fabulous cruise.

Julie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kernow said:

Yes the DL still has the tables, I said a few days ago that I would prefer nicer seating.

 

Mark had the mixed grill and said he enjoyed it, although the bubble and squeak was not proper! I had the pasta which was nice.

 

We're just back in the cabin and have put the cases out. I'll sign off now but will update with final thoughts when we get home.

 

Wishing all of you boarding soon  a fabulous cruise.

Julie

Thanks for your daily reviews you both sounded like you had a great cruise.

Safe travels home tomorrow 

Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safe travels home.  Enjoyed following along.  Only 48 days till we fly over, and 50 days till we board Indy for two weeks.

 

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, loveheart said:

Mixed grill is basically what we would have for a cooked breakfast. I wouldn't call it fine dining. 

The menu's  do look better than what we had on Celebrity a few weeks ago.

 

 Me again!

I had the mixed grill tonight but with a baked potato. There was a small piece of steak , lamb chop,chicken breast, sausage and a slice of English bacon.

It was quite good but the bubble and squeak was still on the plate which I left .

Edited by heatherb1958

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

 Me again!

I had the mixed grill tonight but with a baked potato. There was a small piece of steak , lamb chop,chicken breast, sausage and a slice of English bacon.

It was quite good but the bubble and squeak was still on the plate which I left .

Hmmm you haven't really sold it to me.

I think I will pass and pick something else on mixed grill night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

 Me again!

I had the mixed grill tonight but with a baked potato. There was a small piece of steak , lamb chop,chicken breast, sausage and a slice of English bacon.

It was quite good but the bubble and squeak was still on the plate which I left .

what is bubble and squeak?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kernow said:

Yes the DL still has the tables, I said a few days ago that I would prefer nicer seating.

 

Mark had the mixed grill and said he enjoyed it, although the bubble and squeak was not proper! I had the pasta which was nice.

 

We're just back in the cabin and have put the cases out. I'll sign off now but will update with final thoughts when we get home.

 

Wishing all of you boarding soon  a fabulous cruise.

Julie

Many thanks for all the reports. Safe journey home x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

what is bubble and squeak?

Fried-up leftover potatoes and cabbage, essentially. :classic_wacko:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

what is bubble and squeak?

We usually have it on Boxing Day.. you fry up into little Patty shapes the left over potato, Brussels sprouts, parsnips, stuffing, runner beans, pigs in blankets... basically anything that is left over! Delicious! 

 

Why do so I think someone will now ask what pigs in blankets are...lol?

Edited by little britain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kernow said:

Sorry that the menu has posted a bit wonky, Mark just cropped it for me and he has been drinking in the lounge.

 

Graham, just been talking to the concierge and she said there are a lot less D and up on the next cruise so the lounge should be OK.

Just got on board.

Free champagne next to Sorrento's.

I gave the waiter a couple of dollars and he gave us 4 glasses 😎

IMG_20190525_122033.jpg

IMG_20190525_121936.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just got on board.

Free champagne next to Sorrento's.

I gave the waiter a couple of dollars and he gave us 4 glasses 😎

IMG_20190525_122033.jpg

IMG_20190525_121936.jpg

Plenty of free champagne for everyone.

Just had the chops and Giovanni's pushing for bookings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Plenty of free champagne for everyone.

Just had the chops and Giovanni's pushing for bookings.

 

Just got into our deck 7 Hump balcony cabin.

D+ drinks and cookies 

IMG_20190525_131947.jpg

Edited by grapau27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Expedited arrival worked well.

Lady scanned our set sail pass 

then sent us through the Suite and Pinnacle line at security even though we are D+ and we were the only ones in that line so straight through.

Edited by grapau27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Just got on board.

Free champagne next to Sorrento's.

I gave the waiter a couple of dollars and he gave us 4 glasses 😎

IMG_20190525_122033.jpg

IMG_20190525_121936.jpg

That was us this time last week, looks like you are even at the same table! 

 

We've just arrived home and unpacked. 

 

Have a brilliant cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Julie, thanks for the enjoyable review and all the scans of compasses, menus, wines, cocktails, etc.  This will be useful to many.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...