Live 18/5/2019 Indy's back in Europe

34 minutes ago, kernow said:

In the promenade they had a 70s night, an 80s night and a Rock Britannia night. I must admit I prefer these types of event on the smaller ships where they hold them in the atrium or somewhere with a proper dance floor. On the promenade it seems half the people are there for the event and half are there to eat pizza, go to the pub etc and are not taking part so it seems to cause chaos.

Would really have loved something new as we've seen the same things for many years. I'm not complaining as they are very good but something new would also be nice.

On 5/25/2019 at 10:09 PM, grapau27 said:

Diamond drinks now don't include

draught beer on Independence.

Graham.

Does that include using the 3 drink vouchers in the pub? 

What bottled bears can be ordered?, cans of Guiness?

Or only in the DL

Do they have Baileys? Or is it Aldi special ? In DL

We have only been onboard on transatlantic and the number of D and above was huge

Really good atmosphere in the over flow areas,

We are onboard on 13th July , I'm sure we will notice a few changes since we have not sailed royal for a few years (celebrity have priced us out this year)

What is the house band, in the past we have enjoyed Rock the boat, but I think they are in OZ with Joff?

Edited by bogofman

9 minutes ago, bogofman said:

Does that include using the 3 drink vouchers in the pub? 

What bottled bears can be ordered?, cans of Guiness?

Or only in the DL

Do they have Baileys? Or is it Aldi special ? In DL

We have only been onboard on transatlantic and the number of D and above was huge

Really good atmosphere in the over flow areas,

We are onboard on 13th July , I'm sure we will notice a few changes since we have not sailed royal for a few years (celebrity have priced us out this year)

What is the house band, in the past we have enjoyed Rock the boat, but I think they are in OZ with Joff?

In the DL Sauvignon Blanc not included on the list so I asked for a draught beer and was told this was not available so we just had Pinot Grigio.

We spent time in the VCR during diamond hours and drank Pinot Grigio with our 3 drinks each.

I never asked elsewhere for draught beer but if the bar has a draught beer it will be included during diamond drinks.

IMG_20190528_072853.jpg

IMG_20190525_145256.jpg

On our cruise the diamond drink list was the same as the one posted on here, the irish cream was not Baileys. According to the list draft beer was included but we don't drink it so don't know where it was available. They were using the overflow in the VCL and serving drinks from the main bar there so maybe they had draught beer.

I don't know who the house band were but if you look back over the Compasses it's probably listed somewhere.

image.png.cb5cda91dabd38b580423d938a0338e7.png

22 minutes ago, bogofman said:

If you are sailing on July 13 with us, come over and join our roll call.  We need 4 more to meet the number for Royal to have a Meet and Mingle. 

We did go to the Star lounge after dinner one night but we weren't that keen on the band that were playing so we didn't stay long. Lots of people did seem to like them though.

2 hours ago, Static events said:

How was playmakers? 

We walked through a few times but never actually went there for a drink. It was mostly daytime or early evening but we never saw it very busy. The decor is typical sports bar.