For those recently on Escape, entertainment question

I will be on the Escape in August with my 12 year old granddaughter.  

I am interested in the opinions of recent cruisers as to which entertainment options they think would be of interest and appropriate for a 12 year old.  This will be her first cruise and though I have cruised previously, my first on Norwegian.

Although Choir of Men takes place in a pub and does center around breakups and drinking, it isn't raunchy or inappropriate, and the music is current.  The cast is quite talented.  I would skip After Midnight as it wasn't interesting to us adults, and unless your granddaughter has a thing for obscure Duke Ellington hits, she ain't gonna like that one.  With regards to the comedy club, they will have a family friendly show.  The other main theater shows (welcome aboard and headliners) will be appropriate for all ages.  Other shows like dinner shows or comedy shows will state if they are not appropriate in the dailies.  

I would also skip the main theater show, "The Brat Pack: For the Record."

I enjoyed After Midnight.  There was lot of tap dancing and while it could be boring for a 12 year, by no means was it inappropriate. 

16 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I would also skip the main theater show, "The Brat Pack: For the Record."

I enjoyed After Midnight.  There was lot of tap dancing and while it could be boring for a 12 year, by no means was it inappropriate. 

Don't believe they have the brat pack anymore.

The entertainment isn't that great to be honest for a 12 year old, but there are lots of activities I'm sure she'll enjoy. There is a ropes course and a few different water slides. They have numerous little games/quizzes type things each day in the atrium. 

5 hours ago, New Jersey Pat said:

I am interested in the opinions of recent cruisers as to which entertainment options they think would be of interest and appropriate for a 12 year old.  This will be her first cruise and though I have cruised previously, my first on Norwegian.

Choir of Man is one of the best shows I’ve seen at sea.  I would imagine with the age of the cast, while not 12, certainly more appealing to younger audience members.  They are all very talented.  And, they perform songs that should appeal to a 12 year old who has expanded their taste buds a little past the auto tune voices that’s somehow appealing to tweens.

Early comedy show would be fine.

Movies in the Atrium would be fun.

Water slides, ropes course, dance lessons, all of that should appeal to her, too.

I think she’ll love it.

6 hours ago, New Jersey Pat said:

The "big kids" entertainment in the theater is fine. Early comedy shows are adult oriented (late shows are 18+).

The best entertainment is the kids club. Sign her up as soon as you embark and make sure she goes on the embarkation day to make friends. The link below is our live post from the Escape in April. Post #45 has examples of the kids club programs. It is mostly just hanging out with kids her own age. 

If you read the live post below, you can see the types of entertainment offered throughout the day on a typical Escape cruise (times and days change depending on the itinerary).