Merged Topics - Server Errors

2 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Those with errors.  Please remind me.  Are you using Tapatalk.mobile?  Browser? 

Chrome (Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on 17" notebook.

Edited by broberts

This page isn’t working

boards.cruisecritic.co.uk is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Seems to be getting more frequent (and more annoying)

Chrome on iMac and Safari on iPad

(I made post 796 via TapaTalk on my iPhone as it was the easiest way to report at the time, but I have not suffered the issue (yet) when using TapaTalk)

Http: 500 error - randomly during the day, appeared to be worst this evening ... been using latest Chrome desktop browser on a Windows 10 Pro PC - build 1809 ... thankfully, no longer on a cruise while attempting to do a "Semi Live" blog/post, wasn't sure to blame ship's satellite WiFi connectivity or CC, maybe it was both when I had 500 errors at sea (2 weeks ago)

Trying to read the boards is becoming very irritating.  Starting yesterday morning whenever I click on a topic or page, a blank page loads.  I have to hit the back button and try several times for the page to load correctly.  Cleared cookies, cache, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

OK -- This is the first time I've been able to successfully log on, today. When I first tried (several hours ago), I got the regular log-in screen -- and it took my log-in info, with no problem. What happened next, however, can only be described as 'bizarre'. I got the normal screen showing that I was logged in -- and the next second it reverted to a screen showing that I was logged out. It started ping-ponging back and forth, in what seemed to be an endless loop -- a loop from which there was no escape. I could not go forward to any other screen, or back to the original log-in screen. I ended up closing my browser (which clears cookies and history). I opened a new browser page (I use FireFox & Windows 10 on my desk-top) and tried again. SAME thing happened. So, I shut down CC and walked away for the rest of the morning. A few minutes ago, I was able to log on -- first try (knock wood). For the past couple of weeks, I have been experiencing a worsening problem with 'blank' screens -- all over the forum -- but, I've never had trouble logging on, before. Has anyone else experienced anything like this??😕

I had the continually blinking screen for a while today.  I waited at least an hour and then tried again. It has been OK since for me (and no server error messages either).

Fingers crossed. Thanks. 

56 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

OK -- This is the first time I've been able to successfully log on, today. When I first tried (several hours ago), I got the regular log-in screen -- and it took my log-in info, with no problem. What happened next, however, can only be described as 'bizarre'. I got the normal screen showing that I was logged in -- and the next second it reverted to a screen showing that I was logged out. It started ping-ponging back and forth, in what seemed to be an endless loop -- a loop from which there was no escape. I could not go forward to any other screen, or back to the original log-in screen. I ended up closing my browser (which clears cookies and history). I opened a new browser page (I use FireFox & Windows 10 on my desk-top) and tried again. SAME thing happened. So, I shut down CC and walked away for the rest of the morning. A few minutes ago, I was able to log on -- first try (knock wood). For the past couple of weeks, I have been experiencing a worsening problem with 'blank' screens -- all over the forum -- but, I've never had trouble logging on, before. Has anyone else experienced anything like this??😕

I also had it earlier today. I also had it shortly after the new website went live last fall. I just stopped looking for a while, came back, and was able to sign on.

I had exactly the same issue earlier today. Ping-pong is a good description, making CC totally unusable on all devices for quite a while.

But no 500 errors, blank screens or ping-pong at this moment.

Edited by flossie009