Merged Topics - Server Errors

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yea waaay too many posters due to everyone being off today for the holiday. :classic_wink:

If it weren't for the re-vamp I'd have agreed with you.

In fact, this thread probably wouldn't exist - we would probably have given it a day or two. Or even blamed our own equipment.

Or mebbe I'm becoming very cynical :classic_rolleyes:

JB :classic_wacko:

Edited by John Bull

7 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

KK, so glad you started this. Yes!! So infuriating!! This AM was fine. Now it has slowed to glacial speed and pops up errors. Not on every forum but on the HAL forum for sure.

It is the same problem we had the other day -- various Cruise Line sub-forums (including but hardly limited to the HAL forum) are not loading.

9 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

It is the same problem we had the other day -- various Cruise Line sub-forums (including but hardly limited to the HAL forum) are not loading.

Yes, I remember it was slow and popping errors for me the other day.

Yes, it seems the boards are VERRRRYYYYY SLOOWWWW........ IE is horrible........I changed to Chrome and it works a little better but it has been extremely sloooooooowwwwwwwww opening up on the forums.:classic_sad:

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Yes, it seems the boards are VERRRRYYYYY SLOOWWWW........ IE is horrible........I changed to Chrome and it works a little better but it has been extremely sloooooooowwwwwwwww opening up on the forums.:classic_sad:

ME isn't any better.   

28 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Same problem on the RC main forum, but so far not on any of the RC roll calls.

Different areas of the site, probably a different server. Guess I won't reply to the person who quoted me, since I get an error every time.

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

This is the latest message I got:

504 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. 
If you received this error while trying to use an app or access a website, please contact the provider or website owner for assistance. 
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by following steps in the CloudFront documentation (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/http-504-gateway-timeout.html). 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: e1nr0A5pLT6ZbauVSyttLSgDq44hYq2Npo0MCHfFo7czqebwHWEytg==

I got this one, too.

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Try Firefox, that works well for me.

It is affecting the same six boards that it did last time: Carnival, Celebrity, Holland America, Norwegian, Princess, and Royal Caribbean.  It's interesting that only the boards for the six biggest mainstream cruise lines are affected.  All of the boards for the smaller cruise lines are still slowly working.

28 minutes ago, coevan said:

which font, yours or the poster? it's easy to change your fonts

The font the OP chooses to use. It is well documented that it doesn't read well on a mobile device.  Most folks that use it have switched.  A few just keep using it.  🤔