Merged Topics - Server Errors

7 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Still cannot access the main boards, specifically Celebrity. Do the Mods know what is going on?

I use an iPad with Safari. This is not working at all for me.

It's not just you.  We had the same problem 2 days ago.  A few of us have notified the powers that be about the situation.  Now, whether they are reading their emails today, who knows?

There's nothing you can do.  Just wait it out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Send an Email to: help@cruisecritic.com. 

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I tried that -- it bounced back.

I think that problem is likely on your end, KK.  My emails go through to that address (and did today as well).  Whenever you send one, you get an auto reply letting you know your email was received and will be addressed. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

The font the OP chooses to use. It is well documented that it doesn't read well on a mobile device.  Most folks that use it have switched.  A few just keep using it.  🤔

I agree; it's a head-scratcher that posters who know about the problem keep using that font.  It's not like there's anything so special about it, or that there aren't any number of other fonts available.    CC should either fix the problem (if it can be fixed), or eliminate the font.  It's crazy to have a font that is effectively incompatible with mobile devices. 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I agree; it's a head-scratcher that posters who know about the problem keep using that font.  It's not like there's anything so special about it, or that there aren't any number of other fonts available.    CC should either fix the problem (if it can be fixed), or eliminate the font.  It's crazy to have a font that is effectively incompatible with mobile devices. 

Some folks are special. 

3 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Hopefully it is fixed for good.

6 hours ago I was asleep and not checking on CC.   :classic_biggrin:

Are you able to change your font? As others have said, it is so hard to read on the mobile web version of CC. 

It looks fine on the app.  

Edited by Yorkvillain

9 hours ago, Johnamac123 said:

Normal access now....

Hush

You're tempting providence. :classic_wink:

Davekathy reckon it was overload due to New Year's Day - I don't recall overload days in the past, but this new format probably has to work harder so that's probably right.

Unless CC fit the geek equivalent of a supercharger we may find that will continue to happen from time to time  

JB :classic_smile:

Edited by John Bull

My bet is it was a server hardware failure. Probably one server went down which controls or hosts some of the sites, which would explain why some boards were available and not others.

It is never good practice to place all your eggs in one basket, by distributing the load it prevents the entire site from failing. 

Either that or some emergency software updates were needed and they had to take it offline to do so.