Grand Patters Alaska 2019 and more.

masterty

17 hours ago, masterty said:

DW and I have had a great time. We bring our own joy onboard with us. The game shows on board are always entertaining. When playing Yes/No game show on  previous sailings I was able to make it the whole 3 minutes. This trip I made it only 22 seconds.  Marriage match game show is tonight. Always funny. I wish the crew would host more of these audience participation game shows. We are not ones who like lectures or sounds of the 40's and 50's. We like to laugh, joke and sing along. As much as we like most things Princess, we may be 20 years too early to enjoy their music choices. I am sure Santa Clarita can click a button, determine the average age of the pax for a given voyage and then use that number to spit out a list of avalible entertainers to bring on at a given port. 

Having fun? You betcha! Cruising is always fun. Anywhere, anytime!

I like the marriage game! Only missed it once for all the cruises I took.

Your idea of dynamically determine the entertainment is wonderful! Have you written it down in the survey? Hope Princess will listen.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. Well said, cruising is always fun, anywhere, anytime. Thanks again for bringing us along.

Masterty,

Thank you again for taking the time during your cruise for daily posts of patters, menus, and sharing your voyage in this thread, as well as some others.  As first-time Princess Grand cruisers, your posts have been very helpful to us. You saved us a great deal of time orienting ourselves, as a lot of our questions were answered by reading  your posts every day. We hope you had a wonderful  voyage ( it sounds like you did. And still are!) . We look forward to ours on June 5!

Dale and Edie

Day 9 Victoria. Patters, lunch and dinner. Second formal. 

And to greenman and the rest. You are all welcome. I appriciate it when others punlish patters for me. It is my way of repaying others before me. 

And.....the grilled rockfish and pineapple for lunch has got to be one of the best lunch plates I have ever had on a cruise ship. Yum! I almost licked the plate. My wife said she would not eat with me anymore I did. So I resisted the temptation. Yum yum yum......food has been a 7 out of 10. Good and as expected. Some dishes are just so-so and others have been great.

1081111643_24Victoriadinner_1.thumb.jpg.b64983c5aaaf65e8b57c20d56db1a516.jpg

1039115084_24Victoriadinner_2.thumb.jpg.6cbc9d779cd95ab97948d1fc32e24a1d.jpg

242238997_24Victoriadinner_3.thumb.jpg.0f20703bad8f11926efd17b4dc416209.jpg

1546917517_24Victoriadinner_4.thumb.jpg.6c1eb54de3d11ec0241d54745a616074.jpg

lunch_1.thumb.jpg.d3892b3b58d7308ab6458819ce3f5ba7.jpg

lunch_2.thumb.jpg.9864211256cfc4094ff853daa8b7c9ca.jpg

1984911665_24Victoriadinner_5.thumb.jpg.18f1aa153c9190bde919200b14a759fb.jpg

307280114_24Victoriadinner_6.thumb.jpg.c73f256fb45bd6d5013faefe42bff431.jpg

On 5/18/2019 at 2:24 PM, greenman1168 said:

I see they have cross stitch at 1 pm on day 3 of this voyage. Does anyone know if kits are provided and if there is a charge for this activity ?

I have finally asked. No. Bring your own cross stitch, or knitting stuff. Nothing is provided. 

Thank you for remembering my question, Masterty. I will come prepared. Welcome home tomorrow! Gorgeous day on the Northern California coast today, but will probably be raining by tonight and when you arrive in San Francisco. Liquid sunshine 😊

Not sure if you know this, but as a suite passenger, will they allow you to order pub lunch menu items for room service, like with the MDR menus?

And thank you again for sharing all of this! It's been really awesome "tagging along" with you on your cruise, and getting a preview of what's to come!

Thanks for posting. I'm hoping to see some of my favorite menu items and some of the new ones on my Island Princess cruises next month. I didn't look closely at all the Patters. Did they have a seafood buffet by the pool one afternoon?

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

Thanks for posting. I'm hoping to see some of my favorite menu items and some of the new ones on my Island Princess cruises next month. I didn't look closely at all the Patters. Did they have a seafood buffet by the pool one afternoon?

I went on deck 14 during sail away. I did not visit deck 14 again for the entire trip. I would check the patters to learn more. Sorry I am no more help.

Edited by masterty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 8:57 AM, masterty said:

Day 3. Sea day.....

18_1.thumb.jpg.f8b28202f1b0d0c6891baf7aebca1a40.jpg

18_2.thumb.jpg.a92af4c78f5995e6c9dc70051fe92d25.jpg

18_3.thumb.jpg.c44f0d98fc014b09ca237528781c1248.jpg

18_4.thumb.jpg.cda78d01d4b8e123cb39a2a2c1c0b602.jpg

Tomarrow Juneau. 

Thank you so much for sharing the daily patters.  I’m surprised there are so photography classes, I didn’t plan on bringing my SLR, I might pick up a few tips. Looking forward to Princess pop choir, so many dancing classes... I’m going to need a vacation after vacation. I hope you guys are having a great time.

We’re next 😃. How’s the weather? Is it too warm for fleece shirts? Bec that’s taking up a lot of room in my luggage. Have you found a “cruising duck”?

• 6 months later...
On 5/18/2019 at 11:55 AM, masterty said:

Below are all the speed test I have done since we left. (Except the bottom one)

The bottom one was from the Carnival Inspiration last week. Their internet was great. 

As you can see 3-5mb is holding up so far. I will continue to scan. I suspect Hubbard Glacier in a couple days will be the true test. 

Screenshot_20190518-114944_Speedtest.jpg

I'm seeing a wide variety of opinion on the internet speed of Carnival.  That speed on Carnival Inspiration is amazing (better than Royal Caribbean Voom and Royal Princess which both claim to be the fastest at sea but are not in my experience).  What cruise route was Inspiration (Los Angeles California/Long Beach-Catalina-Ensenada Mexico?) Did they block anything like YouTube? I wonder if I could use VPN to get around any block.