Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, jangor said:

I love the Skywalk, since I have no fear of heights.  Two years ago booked a cabin beneath the Skywalk and loved watching people walking on it.  Some hurried along, others took time to look out to sea.  Very few ventured across during the evening for some reason.  Too many other activities perhaps.  

Thanks for the feedback.  Have a nice day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question about beverage packages.  Do they ever go on sale?  With tax, it is $70 per day which seems high compared to other lines.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are having a sip and sail promotion right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:55 PM, jangor said:

I love the Skywalk, since I have no fear of heights.  Two years ago booked a cabin beneath the Skywalk and loved watching people walking on it.  Some hurried along, others took time to look out to sea.  Very few ventured across during the evening for some reason.  Too many other activities perhaps.  

We were 2 decks below the Skywalk . No problem for us . 

Watching the reactions of the guests walking along staring thru the glass at the ocean more than at us.

Skywalk seemed to attract the been there, done that , type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am booked for the 12/21 Christmas cruise and very excited.  I just joined the roll call today. I can't wait till she's all done and we can actually see real pictures.  This is very exciting. My last Princess cruise was the Regal, also at Christmas, and it was wonderful.  We chose this ship in part because we don't think it'll draw a billion kids like NCL or Royal would. (The Regal Christmas cruise was not over run with kids at all.)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might anyone know if there could be any issues with booking a cabin on Dolphin (9th deck?) Just curious, as I notice that similar grade balcony cabins on 11th deck have sold out much faster than on 9 or 10. Are the higher floors generally more popular due to higher and better view and/more convenient to pool/other top floor amenities? Or is there something I'm missing about the Dolphin Deck that may be a negative?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not certain about the Regal class balconies on Dolphin deck as we have had balcony and mini-suite cabins on Caribe and Baja decks.

I do know that on the Grand Class ships, the balconies on Dolphin deck are completely exposed therefore in full sun and full view of those on balconies on higher decks.

When cruising on Grand class ships, we always booked Caribe deck cabins as these balconies tended to have more square footage and were partially covered.

Perhaps this is so on the SkyPrincess ,causing Dolphin deck cabins to be in less demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fewer inside rooms on Dolphin. Reduced foot traffic. I'm booked in an aft PH on Dolphin in December. Can't imagine why anyone would prefer the more crowded decks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flafun888 said:

Might anyone know if there could be any issues with booking a cabin on Dolphin (9th deck?) Just curious, as I notice that similar grade balcony cabins on 11th deck have sold out much faster than on 9 or 10. Are the higher floors generally more popular due to higher and better view and/more convenient to pool/other top floor amenities? Or is there something I'm missing about the Dolphin Deck that may be a negative?

Flafunn888, we were in a dolphin extended balcony cabin midship on Regal this past spring and absolutely loved it. Very quiet and easy to get to everything. No obstructions below as the promenade open deck seating was there and low enough from the skywalk that there was only a slight blue light seen at night. We loved it so much that we've booked both the sky and enchanted in the same location/cabin❣️👍🌴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know what the retreat pool area will look like?  That is the area I spend my time on, on Regal/Royal, but this looks wildly different on deck plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Not certain about the Regal class balconies on Dolphin deck as we have had balcony and mini-suite cabins on Caribe and Baja decks.

I do know that on the Grand Class ships, the balconies on Dolphin deck are completely exposed therefore in full sun and full view of those on balconies on higher decks.

When cruising on Grand class ships, we always booked Caribe deck cabins as these balconies tended to have more square footage and were partially covered.

Perhaps this is so on the SkyPrincess ,causing Dolphin deck cabins to be in less demand.

I think Regal class is different...I did the same thing you did - booked Caribe on the Grand for the partially covered balcony, but I thought I heard that Regal class is different - Caribe is just like any other deck and most of the balconies are smaller on the regal class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Travelingfreckles said:

Flafunn888, we were in a dolphin extended balcony cabin midship on Regal this past spring and absolutely loved it. Very quiet and easy to get to everything. No obstructions below as the promenade open deck seating was there and low enough from the skywalk that there was only a slight blue light seen at night. We loved it so much that we've booked both the sky and enchanted in the same location/cabin❣️👍🌴

Good to know - thank you! :classic_smile: I bet those midship extended balconies are nice. We booked a regular one in aft section. Although weirdly, in the Princess website deck picture, we're in a group of balconies that look bigger in the drawing than the ones right next to it, but the balcony itself isn't categorized as a deluxe or extended balcony - just an ordinary BD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes,Flafun888,Regal Class balconies  are smaller. We were disappointed at the area of the balconies on the Regal Princess as we have always enjoyed breakfast on the balcony.

For the Sky Princess we have a midship,starboard,angled balcony on Caribe deck. Hoping the extra space with the angled part is a bit more comfortable than what we have experienced.

Now, I am thinking that we may be in the view of the people on the skywalk.😳

Oh well !

 

 

Edited by MJSailors
Auto correct added an incorrect word in first sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Anyone know what the retreat pool area will look like?  That is the area I spend my time on, on Regal/Royal, but this looks wildly different on deck plans.

I'm with you. I live by that retreat pool area. That's my little peace if heaven. when revisiting the deck plans the pool bathrooms in the bar look the same except now the sanctuary is up one level above but now the retreat pool area is surrounded by cabins which sadly to say I think will do away with our surrounding view of the ocean 😪. that was one of the beauties of the retreat area was to be completely surrounded with ocean views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

I'm with you. I live by that retreat pool area. That's my little peace if heaven. when revisiting the deck plans the pool bathrooms in the bar look the same except now the sanctuary is up one level above but now the retreat pool area is surrounded by cabins which sadly to say I think will do away with our surrounding view of the ocean 😪. that was one of the beauties of the retreat area was to be completely surrounded with ocean views.

It might be like the main pools in that the deck where the pool itself is will have a place for some chairs, but then above the cabins, there might be another sun deck area, but it would still be a bummer to have to go down stairs to take a dip.  I don't know, I guess will have to wait and se.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from what I could tell from the virtual video they made on the sky princess a few months ago that indeed it does look like there is a upper deck above the sun where has the lounge chairs with the retreat right below. I won't mind it so much as long as it's shaded because I don't like to be out in the sun too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

I can see our cabin from here! 😃

#MeToo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 1:59 PM, LoriPhil said:

I can see our cabin from here! 😃

Mine's on the other side, dagnabit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...