Oosterdam Neptune Lounge

lwuest

Sister and I are taking Mom on Alaska cruise end of June.  We have a Neptune Suite reserved.  Have been reviewing the Quench Drink package and wonder if it would be worth the cost for us.  None of us drink, other than a glass of wine with dinner.  I believe there is a coffee maker in our room.  We would only drink water or tea...no soda.  Seems pricey.   I'm wondering what the hours are for the Neptune Lounge?  Seems that if we just want water, coffee or tea we could just grab it in the Lounge?  We are really looking forward to spending this time together!  What other perks do you enjoy while having a Neptune Suite?  Thanks to all of you wonderful people for your advice!

If you only drink water and tea and have just a glass of wine with your meals I think you are wasting your money buying a drink package.

Tea, coffee, water and some juices are available free of charge 24/7. The wine would be a nominal charge. You could buy an alcohol beverage card to pay for the wine and if there is a balance left on the card at the end of the cruise it would be credited back to you ship board account.

• Like 1

You can get lattes in the Neptune lounge as well (my favourite!)  Yes, there is a coffee maker in your room although we’ve never used it.  

Make sure you go to the Pinnacle for breakfast-the hours are same as MDR so look at your Where/When program. (I had several mimosas there on our last cruise so be careful, they’re good and included!) 

You also get free laundry if you need it too.  

What a wonderful time you will all have!  Enjoy the beautiful Neptune suites.  

I agree, don't waste money on a drink package. We use the coffee machine daily in our Neptune Suite as well as the really nice one in the lounge. Lots of teas to choose from in the lounge as well. Don't forget the unique munchies in the lounge, changed 3 or 4 times a day - all included. The staff in the lounge is amazing and a weallth of knowledge! They can book restaurants, have the ship's abreviated world newspaper, menus and even sudoku delivered daily. Look for a special officers meet and greet, the first night in the lounge. You also get priority tender service, if you have a tendered port. We leave for Alaska tomorrow on the Eurodam...always spectacular beauty. And a Neptune Suite is the perfect way to enjoy it! 

The Quench package is all about soft drinks and other non-alcoholic beverages. If you don't drink those sorts of things,  why are you considering it?

If you look around the board, there are many threads about Neptune perks. The Neptune Lounge and free laundry are high on our list.

Since there will be 3 of you, I would buy the $100 Beverage Card -- it will cover your wine at dinner.  If there is anything left over at the end of the cruise, it will be credited back to your credit card.

The Neptune Lounge is open from 7 AM until 8 or 8:30 PM.

If you decide to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill (no charge), it is open from 7:30 - 9 on port days and 8 - 9:30 on sea days.

You can also order afternoon tea in your cabin -- place your order with the concierges before Noon.  And if you want warm appetizers, also place that order before Noon with the concierges and give them the time you want them delivered to the cabin.

The Neptune Lounge has morning continental breakfast from 7 AM until about 10 or 10:30 -- pastries, fresh fruit, cold cereal, meats and cheeses.  There is a toaster for English muffins, bagels and toast.  Coffee machine for regular coffee, decaf, lattes, cappaccinos, etc. (all day).  Ice water and orange juice. Around 11 AM until about 4 PM, finger sandwiches and wraps are available, small plates of desserts, cookies and usually chocolates -- changed about 2 or 3 hours.  After 4 until closing there are cold appetizers available.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Make sure you go to the Pinnacle for breakfast-the hours are same as MDR so look at your Where/When program. (I had several mimosas there on our last cruise so be careful, they’re good and included!) 

Mimosas were free with our room service menu but not in the Pinnacle Grill at breakfast on our cruise (April - May/19) on the Prinsendam.

OP - if you like tea, the teas in the Neptune Lounge are the same as those that are served in the Pinnacle Grill and different (and better IMO) than the teas offered in the Lido and the MDR.

Coffee is better as well in the Neptune Lounge and PG than in the Lido or MDR IMO. 🙂 

• Like 1

What a wealth of knowledge you folks have!  Thanks for all the great info.  After reading these comments it sure makes no sense to purchase the Quench package.  Love the idea of a beverage card to purchase our wine.  We all enjoy good coffee and a variety of teas so sounds like the lounge will be a real treat for us!  The continental breakfast sounds perfect for the days we will be doing early morning tours.  The Neptune Suite was a splurge for us, but it sounds like we will be thoroughly enjoying every single perk offered!   Plus......Mom is a gem and worth every penny!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Mimosas were free with our room service menu but not in the Pinnacle Grill at breakfast on our cruise (April - May/19) on the Prinsendam.

Same.  We had unlimited mimosas in Club Orange but not on any of the ships without CO.  Just room service.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Wow.   I had several on our short 6 day cruise on the NA April 28-May 4 in the Pinnacle and they were included.  Why on earth would they allow them free for room service but not in the Pinnacle?!!  Very strange. 

26 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Wow.   I had several on our short 6 day cruise on the NA April 28-May 4 in the Pinnacle and they were included.  Why on earth would they allow them free for room service but not in the Pinnacle?!!  Very strange. 

That’s what I said!

• Like 1

DH and I were in a Neptune Suite on the Oosterdam in Feb. and there is also an "honor" system for cocktails - whiskey, gin, wine, beer. There is a list where you write your name and cabin number and what you had. Your drinks are then charged to your cabin.

4 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Since there will be 3 of you, I would buy the $100 Beverage Card -- it will cover your wine at dinner.  If there is anything left over at the end of the cruise, it will be credited back to your credit card.

The Neptune Lounge is open from 7 AM until 8 or 8:30 PM.

If you decide to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill (no charge), it is open from 7:30 - 9 on port days and 8 - 9:30 on sea days.

You can also order afternoon tea in your cabin -- place your order with the concierges before Noon.  And if you want warm appetizers, also place that order before Noon with the concierges and give them the time you want them delivered to the cabin.

The Neptune Lounge has morning continental breakfast from 7 AM until about 10 or 10:30 -- pastries, fresh fruit, cold cereal, meats and cheeses.  There is a toaster for English muffins, bagels and toast.  Coffee machine for regular coffee, decaf, lattes, cappaccinos, etc. (all day).  Ice water and orange juice. Around 11 AM until about 4 PM, finger sandwiches and wraps are available, small plates of desserts, cookies and usually chocolates -- changed about 2 or 3 hours.  After 4 until closing there are cold appetizers available.

Sailing in two days on MS Oosterdam / Neptune Suite.   Thank you for the information....much appreciated!