Live- From New York, its the Dawn to NE-Canada 5-18-19

seadog67

Good Morning Cruise Critics! If you have stopped by to join us for this upcoming week aboard the wonderful NCL Dawn, welcome aboard. 

We planned this cruise recently to get away from the everyday for a week without having to fly to a cruise port. It has been officially 10 years since we last sailed on the Dawn, May of 2009 to Bermuda to be exact. My how time flies.. We have recently been sailing on the larger ships, (Breakaway, Escape, Harmony, Allure, you get the picture) with a Gem Cruise thrown in several years ago, so we will see how we adjust going smaller!

After following Mking's Report for the last week, linked here, go check it out - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2662250-semi-live-dawn-canada-new-england-5112019-our-old-favorite/

we are preparing for 3 seasons of Weather - Cool- Colder- and Damp and Wet. Just as the temperatures and weather are set to improve to warmer and sunny in our corner of the world, South Jersey, we plan a cruise north to cooler and what looks to be less sunny weather....go figure..

Here is our itinerary if you are unfamiliar with this route.

NYC.jpg1462202350_Itinerary5-18-2019.thumb.jpg.e4a326ff17a4b4336aed872b0abc4809.jpg

We have the following Excursions booked-

St Johns Bay of Fundy - Fundy Fun Race ( a sort of scavenger hunt of some kind taking you around the city)

Bar Harbor - Acadia Ocean Trail Hike (Hiking an Ocean Trail, hoping for some great pictures)

Portland - Kennebunkport and Scenic Cruise  (this will be a cruise within a cruise, Mrs. Seadog asked when booking, isn't one cruise this week enough! )

Depending on internet quality, Mking indicated that it was somewhat less than stellar, I will try to post regularly, if not I will post as it allows and as we have several stops where I should have Cell service I will then update extensively then if needed. Headed up the Jersey Turnpike around 8:30 am for an arrival in Manhattan around 11 am. Look for more updates as we progress and welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Just now, Iworktocruiseandtravel said:

Look forward to reading everything!!   I’ll be on the Dawn in October... first time on the Dawn. 

Welcome aboard! Hoping fir a great week and I know you will have a blast in October! 

• Thanks 1

Seadog67,

Bon voyage, keeping the addiction alive to re-live our onboard.

We are enjoying our final morning on the Dawn. WiFi improved & "normal" last night again

Sorry, some of the crew members are going home today. Not to worry, new & freshly recharged ones coming on board.

Hurry up ! 3760613965a68fc4fc51ec86cc9306d1.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Seadog67,

Bon voyage, keeping the addiction alive to re-live our onboard.

We are enjoying our final morning on the Dawn. WiFi improved & "normal" last night again

Sorry, some of the crew members are going home today. Not to worry, new & freshly recharged ones coming on board.

Hurry up ! 3760613965a68fc4fc51ec86cc9306d1.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mking! You helped us through last week!  Time for you to book your next cruise to help with the pcd! 

Safe travels home today. 

Heads up, we got delayed as CBP is doing passports check again here in NY for everyone, done once on board in Bar Habor already. Lines downstairs in the Pier backed up, porter services saved us for a quicker exit to taxi home.  

Safe travel /Henry ... mking

2 hours ago, jaja said:

Seadog...see you onboard !!!!  

Will do JaJa!

1 hour ago, jimbri said:

Have a great cruise!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Heads up, we got delayed as CBP is doing passports check again here in NY for everyone, done once on board in Bar Habor already. Lines downstairs in the Pier backed up, porter services saved us for a quicker exit to taxi home.  

Safe travel /Henry ... mking

Thanks mking! We see checkin is a bit delayed and backed up abit.

Hope the porter did not have a hernia handling our bags...

Arrived at crunch time. Parking was at pier 89 and had to lug the luggage (guess thats how it got is name huh),to 88. 

We will dock at 89 next week according to the parking attendant.  Parking for the week is $280.

so far a beautiful day in NY. Traffic getting into the tunnels was heavy but still made it in good time. 

D65C8BC4-D84C-4DFA-A3FB-9E2E0016BA6B.jpeg

2A5F19E4-6ECE-4F1D-A732-C4C9C4E7E5EA.jpeg

I miss Tapatalk, it was was much easier than using my phone browser. A few more pics while we wait in the Platinum Checkin line..

Being from a big city myself, NY still amazes me in how compressed everything is.

one day have to do a food truck walking tour of the city and the intrepid museum...

5E737AB6-1B37-4950-AC01-FED1F4B246F8.jpeg

E3F1FB9B-7C88-4A5A-8765-7297FADFD0A4.jpeg

4FFFC5C0-3961-46C5-98A3-E09192BD5730.jpeg

4 minutes ago, seadog67 said:

I miss Tapatalk, it was was much easier than using my phone browser. A few more pics while we wait in the Platinum Checkin line ... 

Seadog ... Tapatalk is working again to read/post on CC, quick - download & update yours if you haven't ... been able to use it last week on both our Moto's and Xiaomi dual-sim.  

Our turn to follow you along 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Seadog ... Tapatalk is working again to read/post on CC, quick - download & update yours if you haven't ... been able to use it last week on both our Moto's and Xiaomi dual-sim.  

Our turn to follow you along 

Thanks Mking. Sadly I think IOS Version is still having issues. I will try once on Wifi.

11 minutes ago, jaja said:

Hi seadog..sitting in terminal!!!

We made it jaja!! Hoping for a great week!