The Key - Chops & Jamie's Dress Code for Lunch on Embarkation

I think as we all want to do, during Embarkation we want to be dressed in shorts & pull over shirt during the boarding process,  and while walking around before we can get to our room. Does anyone have experience with lunch dress code on embarkation at Chops or Jamies ? Thank you for your input !  

Edited by TTraub1250

We have the "Key", so one of the benefits is lunch at Chops or Jamies on Sat, that is unless the ship comes back late as the Anthem OTS is doing this weekend, due to the two ill passengers they had to return to Nassau to get to the hospital. Very sorry for the passengers falling ill and family, as it has to be scary waiting all that time to return to the dock, once the ship has sailed. At the same time, a ship being so late to the next sail date with all of the logistics of a delay of more than 24 hours.  I might assume some passengers showing up at the dock and no ship in sight. I would have to believe being a customer service agent at this time, dealing with the  public that can be very unforgiving, has to be super stressful.  From the reports it seems like RCCL is being very generous with the compensation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

If you have "The Key"  do you have to pay for lunch at Chops or Jamie's on embarkation day?  If so, how much?

I had The Key on Mariner and I did not pay for anything outside of the optional extra tip. They gave a bill but it was all $0.00.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

What is The Key?  and how do you get it?

The Key is purchased from RCCL at cost of ~$25 per person per day.  It allows priority embarkation and debarkation, lunch at Chops on embarkation day, 'reserved' seating in theater for shows (not a reserved seat but allowed to sit in section designated for Diamond and higher C&A Status and Key patrons).  Also have designated times at various activities specifically for The Key patrons.  Not available on all ships or all cruises.

With all the changes to the loyalty programs at RCCL, Celebrity, NCL, and Princes, in order to determine what is the best deal/value for what we want, I created a spreadsheet to see the bottom line based on all of the gives and takes of the balcony rooms when I take family, the suites ( Haven on NCL) and what we get on each of the loyalty programs.  Real pain each time they take away something vs charging us when not in a suite.  At the end of the day, I feel comfortable with my choice and yes there are variables I can not control, but using my project management skills helps, because you know what they say.... if you fail to plan,  then plan on failing !  

Edited by TTraub1250