Which European River Cruises Are Used by Australians?

Miles of Austin

My wife and I have enjoyed tours and ocean cruises where some of the guests were from Australia. Those folks just seem to have a lot of fun!

As we are considering a European river cruise, I wonder where the Ozzies are...which companies market to Australians?

19 minutes ago, swoopest said:

My wife and I have enjoyed tours and ocean cruises where some of the guests were from Australia. Those folks just seem to have a lot of fun!

As we are considering a European river cruise, I wonder where the Ozzies are...which companies market to Australians?

Scenic and Emerald, of course, because they are based in Australia. Uniworld also markets to Australia (as well as the rest of the English speaking world). GCT markets exclusively to Americans. I'm not sure about the others.

We are from Australia and highly recommend APT which is an Australian based company. We have done tours with them in Canada and Alaska as well as Vietnam and Cambodia. We are booked on a European River Cruise in July

Edited by eagles09
Spelling

Amwawaterways  - APT has a financial stake in the company. In Australia, they book through APT. In the US, you would book through Amawaterways. 

As others said Scenic as it is based in Australia. I didn't realize Emerald was either.

Australians know how to holiday. They seem to vacation for months at a time.

Edited by Coral

Viking market in Australia. I understand they have cruise boats that are marketed in Australia, just like they have different ones in the USA and UK. If these boats have vacancies then they'll open them up across their other markets, which is how we one of three UK couples on a boat where everyone else was from the USA (And may I say, Americans are a delight to cruise with)

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com.au

Suggest you check which boats are being marketed in Australia and ask Viking Canada to book you on one

On this board I have repeatedly heard very good things about APT's Grand European itinerary Amsterdam to Budapest. I find the itinerary very appealing as it has got a couple of specials that are hardly offered on another itinerary and the dinner at Namedy is definitely exclusive to APT (I very much like that castle).

notamermaid

8 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

FYI, Emerald is owned by Scenic.

Thanks. Scenic is their high end line - what line would be comparable to Emerald?

I took my first river cruise in 2007 and didn't return until recently.

Edited by Coral

4 hours ago, Coral said:

Thanks. Scenic is their high end line - what line would be comparable to Emerald?

I took my first river cruise in 2007 and didn't return until recently.

Based on client feedback, I would put Emerald on par with AMA, and above Viking. I don't have any personal experience with either, so please don't take that as"gospel".:classic_smile:

• Like 1

One of the reasons we chose Scenic for our first river cruise was because we knew there would be quite a few Aussies on board. As we expected they are a fun and friendly bunch. The Scenic experience met or exceeded our expectations on all aspects of the cruise. Highly recommended!

Paul

• Like 1