Club Orange Nieuw Amsterdam

RocketMan275

I doubt it will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  On the Koningsdam they had a culinary arts space that featured farms to table meals.  That space was transformed to Club Orange on the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam. I don't see where it would go on the NA.

8 minutes ago, Himself said:

I doubt it will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  On the Koningsdam they had a culinary arts space that featured farms to table meals.  That space was transformed to Club Orange on the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam. I don't see where it would go on the NA.

Supposedly, a section of the MDR will be roped off.

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

Supposedly, a section of the MDR will be roped off.

That would be sad.  Perhaps directly across from the Italian dining room.  It could make the Lido quite crammed.

1 hour ago, Himself said:

The original press release said it would be added "across the fleet" in 2019. Easy to say things like this, but I wonder if the executive who came up with this idea had a clue about how to do it on ships that didn't have the dedicated culinary arts (ATK) space. 

7 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The original press release said it would be added "across the fleet" in 2019. Easy to say things like this, but I wonder if the executive who came up with this idea had a clue about how to do it on ships that didn't have the dedicated culinary arts (ATK) space. 

Celebrity did something similar with their Luminaire (or perhaps it was their Blu) where they partitioned off a portion of their MDR.  IIRC, at first it was just an area separated by a rope that was later replaced by a solid wall.  It was not welcomed since it was perceived as taking from non-suites to suites passengers.

If it is available on NA and it is a part of the MDR, we will not patronize it.

My husband isn’t particularly fond of eating breakfast in the Pinnacle but on our last cruise, thinking soon it might not be available but instead having a Club Orange, he indulged me by going several times.  It’s a beautiful breakfast venue and the service and food was excellent.  I wish they would reconsider this Club Orange stuff.  I’ve always enjoyed the perks of Neptune suites but sadly it seems they are lacking a lot now.  

We have been on the Amsterdam several times.  The first 6 or 7 times we had breakfast in the Kings Room -- for Neptune and Pinnacle Suites.  But the last couple of times we had breakfast on the upper level of the dining room.  The other passengers had breakfast on the lower level of the dining room.  The Kings Room was used for storage.

IF they wanted to, HAL could make the upper level of all the other ships be the Club Orange for breakfast only.  

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

We have been on the Amsterdam several times.  The first 6 or 7 times we had breakfast in the Kings Room -- for Neptune and Pinnacle Suites.  But the last couple of times we had breakfast on the upper level of the dining room.  The other passengers had breakfast on the lower level of the dining room.  The Kings Room was used for storage.

IF they wanted to, HAL could make the upper level of all the other ships be the Club Orange for breakfast only.  

I was going to say that this would solve breakfast but not dinner, where CO guests get an "exclusive restaurant."

I went back to check the press release (last Nov), and they have reworded the CO dining info. It no longer says "across the fleet" (now it's just "other ships") and it details the location. So yes, they will in some way cordon off part of the MDR. 

From HAL's site:

Private Dining
Aboard Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, the Culinary Arts Center dining venue is being transformed into an exclusive Club Orange restaurant that will be open every day for breakfast and dinner. The complimentary venue will serve the same menu featured in Pinnacle Grill (breakfast) and the Dining Room (dinner) and also include additional daily dishes exclusive to the Club Orange restaurant. When Club Orange is introduced on other ships of the fleet in 2019, a dedicated section of the Dining Room will be set-aside for the exclusive use of Club Orange guests for breakfast and dinner. Reservations in the private dining venue are not required but welcome.

• Like 1

We loved Pinnacle Grill breakfast on Maasdam. Kid slept in and then he got room service while we had a nice quiet relaxed breakfast.

That said, the MDR was pretty quiet for breakfast on NA this last cruise. I ate there with my mom. We are the early birds. It was quite a pleasant way to start the day. We still got room service coffee and fruit to help us get motivated. I love early morning coffee on the balcony. One of my cruising rituals. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

We prefer the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.  Tables right by the windows!!  I do not care to watch someone making any meal for me!!

The Nieuw Statendam doesn't even have comfortable seats at the table.

It is very ordinary.

Another thing about Club Orange.  When I went as a passenger in late February, I was able to purchase a membership in Club Orange for $50.00 a day.  There are a few perks to belonging to Club Orange.