Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
amypete

EZ Air - Booking Different Return City Issues

Recommended Posts

I consider myself someone who can figure out a website fairly easily but am frustrated today! We finally figured out when we are returning from a Quebec to NYC cruise -different departure and return cities...however I can't find where on the EZ Air to book a return flight from a different city. No matter where I click it takes me back to our flight to Quebec and no option for a return flight only. What am I missing??? I can't compare to the airlines websites unless I can get that return flight booked! I'm sure I've overlooked something simple so if someone can point out the obvious it would be greatly appreciated!

 

The good news is it is almost 100 days away...getting closer! Thank you! 

 

*UPDATE - chat is actually online. We will see if they can figure it out better than gift card promos!

Edited by amypete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had booked the first leg for our trip and was going to use points for the second....then changed my mind and decided to use EZair.  I could not enter the second leg so our TA had to call Princess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a similar issue once—we were only able to change the return city by picking a different departure date (which we wanted anyway).  Might just be a programming glitch that only allows open jaws on dates different from actual disembark date...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amypete said:

I consider myself someone who can figure out a website fairly easily but am frustrated today! We finally figured out when we are returning from a Quebec to NYC cruise -different departure and return cities...however I can't find where on the EZ Air to book a return flight from a different city. No matter where I click it takes me back to our flight to Quebec and no option for a return flight only. What am I missing??? I can't compare to the airlines websites unless I can get that return flight booked! I'm sure I've overlooked something simple so if someone can point out the obvious it would be greatly appreciated!

 

The good news is it is almost 100 days away...getting closer! Thank you! 

 

*UPDATE - chat is actually online. We will see if they can figure it out better than gift card promos!

If I correctly understand your desire to return from a different city, I first had to change the return flight to a later date to be able to see other return cities that were available.  

 

It’s been my experience that to see flights to other airports (arrival or departure), I first had to change the date to see other airport options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been on the phone with them on hold for over an hour now. Good thing I have lots to do around the house! Now I'm on hold with EZ Air. The Princess person saw my issue but couldn't help me. I just want an option to make a return flight! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you only want a return flight, not a round trip flight or an open jaw flight, you change the drop down box near the top of the flight information box to the return flight only. It is auto set to search for round trip.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you just want to compare prices, do flight search on a mock booking using your desired dates and cities.  Don’t need to be in your actual booking to see prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Princess really has some customer service issues with their phone system. Once the original agent attempts to connect you with EZair, they can’t come back to you no matter how long you’re on hold. Then, once you get to the EZair person, and they put you on hold to deal with your issue ... you can be on hold for an inordinate amount of time. I had an issue yesterday where the flight area of the “personalizer” was showing a completely different itinerary than the Delta website for us. I was on hold for almost 90 minutes with EZair (about ready to hang up) before they came back to me to tell me the Delta site was correct and they had updated everything.  They really need to find a process to let them check in with you while you’re on hold to let you know they’re still there and working on the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

If you only want a return flight, not a round trip flight or an open jaw flight, you change the drop down box near the top of the flight information box to the return flight only. It is auto set to search for round trip.

 

I need both. Two different cities. Don't see an option to book a multi city flight plan (like you can on Delta, etc) and it won't give me an option to book another set of flights without cancelling the first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, let's see what I know so far - it costs the most to book on Delta.com (checked that because of AMEX card, no deal), then about $300 less on Expedia. When I looked on Southwest for just the return flight it's about $100 less than that.

 

So am I asking too much to just KNOW what it costs through EZ Air??? Geez. I don't necessarily need EZ as we aren't coming in right before and leaving right after. I just would LIKE to use EZ Air. Maybe. 

 

1:43:27 and holding. But my call is very important to them and please stay on the line. LOLOLOLOLOL

Edited by amypete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention in my post (two posts earlier) that we’re flying Business Class from Phoenix to Barcelona and then back from Rome. The EZair price was about half of what it was booking directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I think I figured It out. My own fault. I went back and cancelled again and then I did see you could do that separate city. Had to do that first. I need a vacation! 

 

For the record thought I'm still on hold....I'll hang up in a sec. 

 

BUT it's not any cheaper than what I could do on my own. 

 

My lesson - had to totally cancel to figure it out. Thanks everyone!

Edited by amypete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amypete said:

OK I think I figured It out. My own fault. I went back and cancelled again and then I did see you could do that separate city. Had to do that first. I need a vacation! 

 

For the record thought I'm still on hold....I'll hang up in a sec. 

 

BUT it's not any cheaper than what I could do on my own. 

 

My lesson - had to totally cancel to figure it out. Thanks everyone!

Oh sorry, I didn't know you had an EZ air itinerary held already. I would have added earlier to cancel first and could have saved you some time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never have this issue because I book my EZAIR within my cruise personalizer. It already knows I'm flying into 1 city (Miami in July, Melbourne in November) and out of another city (Montreal in August,  Aukland in December) as the cruise starts in 1 city / country & ends in another. I even check to see if there's a drop in price within personalizer so I can grab it if I'll save. I only use to airline website to confirm seats. I don't need telephone assistance 

Edited by Ombud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...