LIVE NOW. Caribbean Princess!

BuckeyeMark

Just boarded. Medallion boarding went so smoothly and easily. The boat seems to be in great shape and everyone seems very happy. Standard first day on the boat with lots going on in people milling around trying to find their way.

We have an after balcony and our room is quite cool.  

The medallion stuff is everywhere  -  all the crewmembers have them on and lots of people are available to coach you and how to use it. There are huge panels with Ocean Medallion stuff and of course the panel by your door. We might as well get used to it it is clear it is here to stay. 

We are headed to the buffet. I will try to answer any questions you might post but I did not buy an Internet package so when we sail I’m off for the week

Everything looks very promising and very nice. The TV in our state room is brand new and HD. Our balcony is huge. This is going to be a great trip!

• Like 1

It’s a boat. A really large and nice boat!! 😂

we we got signed up for ships tour. That’s Friday and I’m pumped to ask questions about the engine “renovations”. 

No USB ports on nightstand.  

Horizon Court now World Market and it’s super nice.  A much needed update and freshening. Marvelous.  Really nice and food is great. 

We we are about to sail.  See y’all Saturday morning.  Post up questions and I’ll try to answer. 

We are on board too!   The ship looks great and so does the Sanctuary. We had lunch in the dining room and it was delicious. We will try the World Market tomorrow for breakfast.  

There are only two electrical outlets side by side in our Mini Suite cabin  So if your charger is fat you can only use one of the outlets at a time. I did bring a vertical USB charging station which charges 4 things at once. So we’ll be fine until it’s time to plug in the hair dryer!  😂😂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, turquoisesea said:

We are on board too!   The ship looks great and so does the Sanctuary. We had lunch in the dining room and it was delicious. We will try the World Market tomorrow for breakfast.  

There are only two electrical outlets side by side in our Mini Suite cabin  So if your charger is fat you can only use one of the outlets at a time. I did bring a vertical USB charging station which charges 4 things at once. So we’ll be fine until it’s time to plug in the hair dryer!  😂😂

I don’t know where to plug my iron, travel steamer, coffee maker and tea kettle! 😅

• Haha 3

Can someone post some of the main dining room dinner  menus?  We'll be on the Caribbean Princess in August for the Canada/New England/Greenland cruise  and are interested in the menus.  It would be very helpful to me because of dietary issues.  Thanks

Happy cruising everyone!!!   

• Like 2

Leaving Princess Cay. Rainy this morning but hot and sunny and steamy now.  Back to ship and offline.   But we’ll get menus and Patters. We’re having a blast and the ship is beautiful and very nice 

• Like 1

Private Island Day:

Once the sun came out on the island it was beautiful.   Water was warm and clear.  Who knew two months ago when we booked a clamshell it would keep

us dry!!!  We were on the first tender over and it poured!  But we were nice and dry.  No need to be protected from the sun this morning. 

We returned to the ship for lunch, choosing to skip the island lunch.  After lunch we settle in on our chairs in the Sanctuary. I have to disagree with a previous poster about the Sanctuary changes. The chairs are fine, even with the thinner pads.  I do miss not having a table though.   Staff is still wonderful!  

17 minutes ago, turquoisesea said:

Private Island Day:

Once the sun came out on the island it was beautiful.   Water was warm and clear.  Who knew two months ago when we booked a clamshell it would keep

us dry!!!  We were on the first tender over and it poured!  But we were nice and dry.  No need to be protected from the sun this morning. 

We returned to the ship for lunch, choosing to skip the island lunch.  After lunch we settle in on our chairs in the Sanctuary. I have to disagree with a previous poster about the Sanctuary changes. The chairs are fine, even with the thinner pads.  I do miss not having a table though.   Staff is still wonderful!  

I am glad that you are enjoying the new Sanctuary chairs. Hopefully you had a nice sunny day this afternoon on there!

I just found that the very large difference in the padding made the chairs not as comfortable for sitting in for a long day. They are now about 1.5 to 2 inches thick and very firm, the same size as the ones used for Mutts where they used to be about 10-12 inches thick and much softer and much more comfortable. 

They definitely have a more updated look! 

Hope you and the OP enjoy the rest of your cruise and have amazing weather the rest of the time. 

D28A736A-9CD9-4C75-B4C3-549404F118C0.jpeg

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 1

I’m on board now as well. Having a great time! OM is great, no issues. AC has been excellent, too cold in some areas (not an actual complaint). Heading for crown grill this evening. Ship is purring like a kitten! Not a single issue so far from our perspective other than the rain this

morning leading us to think we might not get any beach time.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:01 PM, BuckeyeMark said:

And the AC is most definitely working. Froze at muster station. Pleasantly cool at World Market 

Glad to hear this.  The A/C concerns on CB are a huge issue for me, so glad they might be getting those issues fixed.

16 hours ago, caribill said:

Use the shaver outlet in the bathroom.

I bring this along, I can plug my microwave, electric smoker, sous vide, coffee pot and toaster oven in using just one outlet. Oh, it has USB for my watch, phone, tablet & computer (not a laptop) 🙂

https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-Electric-Extension-Protector-Universal/dp/B01HPB7E9Q

Edited by CruiseVA
forgot link
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

I bring this along, I can plug my microwave, electric smoker, sous vide, coffee pot and toaster oven in using just one outlet. Oh, it has USB for my watch, phone, tablet & computer (not a laptop) 🙂

https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-Electric-Extension-Protector-Universal/dp/B01HPB7E9Q

We’ll skip room service and just come around to your cabin then 🤣.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I am glad that you are enjoying the new Sanctuary chairs. Hopefully you had a nice sunny day this afternoon on there!

I just found that the very large difference in the padding made the chairs not as comfortable for sitting in for a long day. They are now about 1.5 to 2 inches thick and very firm, the same size as the ones used for Mutts where they used to be about 10-12 inches thick and much softer and much more comfortable. 

They definitely have a more updated look! 

Hope you and the OP enjoy the rest of your cruise and have amazing weather the rest of the time. 

D28A736A-9CD9-4C75-B4C3-549404F118C0.jpeg

I don’t disagree with you. The old padding was much thicker.  But I am not uncomfortable on the new ones. It is definitely better than the regular pool chairs so I am happy!  😀

On 5/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

Glad to hear this.  The A/C concerns on CB are a huge issue for me, so glad they might be getting those issues fixed.

Hopefully the A/C will continue to work. Please keep us posted.