Muse now

zqtchas

On the way to Russia now, very foggy last 2 days. Some whales & dolphins sited off northern Japan.

New binoculars & the zodiacs are ready. All cabins sold, many are singles.

E922A053-D560-481A-AFC8-0B20D0F2B55B.jpeg

Edited by zqtchas
Add text
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, zqtchas said:

On the way to Russia now, very foggy last 2 days. Some whales & dolphins sited off northern Japan.  New binoculars & the zodiacs are ready. All cabins sold, many are singles.

Appreciate these two initial posts and the pictures from the Silver Muse as you head to Alaska.  Keep it coming!!  Very interesting and helpful.  Since we get on the Silver Muse in late July, we are looking forward to any and all background items about this newest Silversea ship, their food, entertainment, staff, etc.  With your picture postings, I assume that the Internet and uploading are not the fastest, but at least decent enough and working.  Right?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

For latest live/blog, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

Are those the front tips of kayaks on that pic zqt? Our Rudyerd Bay kayak trip was cancelled by SS for operational reasons. The one we booked was I think operated by SS as part of their expedition experiment. They have rebooked us onto an external trip which states max height is 6’2” so Me being 6’4” called SS 2 weeks ago to tell them it wasn’t suitable. I Called them again on Friday and they still are “getting back to me” 

‘was just wondering if they actually had the kayaks. 

Hi Capri, nice to hear from you. hope you are both keeping well. We got a very good deal on this in the end so we will give them another try. I Just hope it will be better than last time. I Will be doing a live from so hopefully will have good things to feed back. I Take it you haven’t risked another with them? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Fantastic. I've not been down under yet, never been able to take enough time off. This upcoming in Alaska is 10 nights and will be the longest holiday I've ever had!

Capri73 is 100% correct to HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing Australia and New Zealand.  Understand fully the "timing situation" for Daveywavey70.  It takes a serious amount of days in going and doing "down under".  Some super wonderful options in both countries.  Plus, the travel time getting down there and back adds up, too!!   Glad that Daveywavey70 mentioned about "I Will be doing a live from".  Looking forward to seeing those reports and details from Alaska and the Silver Muse. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 220,418 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

Love spotting sea life, often see dolphins, occasionally wales, sailing down to Tasmania, Wales are more time sensitive in that your cruise needs to coincide with migration or you’ll probably miss them.

Not much in the way of siteings yet. Late getting in and out of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy. Maybe weather. Russian Military sea activity caused 1hour delay leaving. Immigration was slow in & on/off ship. They took longer than usual processing my wife. They like to find the page with the bear to stamp. (US) 

haven’ t had a good steak since leaving Tokyo.  (in Alantide ) They are mushy & stringy. The steak knife wouldn’t even cut through my broccoli stem. The special order veal cutlet was excellent though! Seas are calm.

• Like 1

And I hear you may have Stefan Kriedel onboard to supervise the loading etc of the zodiacs.He will be on the Muse when the zodiacs are operational.One of our favourite Silversea Expedition staff.And very good on the zodiacs.

• Like 3

I believe I saw that name mentioned somewhere. 3 blue whales were sighted about 3 hours ago, just before lunch. The education group is giving lectures & helping with the sightings on the observation deck and said to expect much more closer to AK. 

We met a nice couple, Lucy and Bob, from AZ with over a thousand days.  Must be the oldest couple on board. They are funny and he is well trained. While she is talking and he starts to interject something she just rest her hand on his and he shuts up. When walking somewhere she keeps calling “Bob, hurry up”.

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2019 at 7:33 PM, Daveywavey70 said:

Are those the front tips of kayaks on that pic zqt? Our Rudyerd Bay kayak trip was cancelled by SS for operational reasons. The one we booked was I think operated by SS as part of their expedition experiment. They have rebooked us onto an external trip which states max height is 6’2” so Me being 6’4” called SS 2 weeks ago to tell them it wasn’t suitable. I Called them again on Friday and they still are “getting back to me” 

‘was just wondering if they actually had the kayaks. 

Seen no kayaks, that’s appears to me to be 6 zodiacs.

4 hours ago, zqtchas said:

We met a nice couple, Lucy and Bob, from AZ with over a thousand days.  Must be the oldest couple on board. They are funny and he is well trained. While she is talking and he starts to interject something she just rest her hand on his and he shuts up. When walking somewhere she keeps calling “Bob, hurry up”.

Reminds me of a very special couple we met once, whereby the wife had to work super hard to try and teach her husband not to point with his fingers.  Last we heard he hadn’t been thrown into any Singaporean jails, so hopefully her efforts were duly rewarded.  Nice fellow.  Think his name was Charles. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Reminds me of a very special couple we met once, whereby the wife had to work super hard to try and teach her husband not to point with his fingers.  Last we heard he hadn’t been thrown into any Singaporean jails, so hopefully her efforts were duly rewarded.  Nice fellow.  Think his name was Charles. 😉

He,s still struggling with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

ZQT, be sure to show this to Elaine as it’s a message from Amy.  She wanted Elaine to see her other “big” 👠 shoes to go along with her big Vietnamese shoes.  😁

0653F284-1CD8-49E6-8BBF-0DE4F5ABAA8A.jpeg

She got a big chuckle out of that. We wonder where are all of her “collection” is being stored?