Muse now

zqtchas

Well to be fair all small communities use school busses, but this is the 1st time they used compact seating & were filled to compasity.  

dinner service improved but selection is still repetitious. 

Looks like a new CD Chelo will be coming on. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but when they launched these Mews type ships & shrunk 

the main dining room because they wouldn’t need so much space with all the other restaurants, why is the MDR (Alantide) always so crowded & mostly slow service?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

Well to be fair all small communities use school busses, but this is the 1st time they used compact seating & were filled to compasity.  

dinner service improved but selection is still repetitious. 

Looks like a new CD Chelo will be coming on. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but when they launched these Mews type ships & shrunk 

the main dining room because they wouldn’t need so much space with all the other restaurants, why is the MDR (Alantide) always so crowded & mostly slow service?

Because their forecasts of use due to changing demographics of passengers were wrong.So the Moon and Dawn will have larger Atlantides and smaller Indochine spaces according to the Fleet HD.

• Like 1

In Anchorage, we just woke to the shaking of an earthquake whose epicenter was near Homer. Did you feel anything onboard en route from there to here?

Heading back to sleep now,

12 hours ago, Unibok said:

In Anchorage, we just woke to the shaking of an earthquake whose epicenter was near Homer. Did you feel anything onboard en route from there to here?

Heading back to sleep now,

Didn’t feel a thing, will inquire about. But by then you’ll be here to do that your self. 

13 hours ago, drron29 said:

Because their forecasts of use due to changing demographics of passengers were wrong.So the Moon and Dawn will have larger Atlantides and smaller Indochine spaces according to the Fleet HD.

Thanks, good to know as we will be on the Moon in 2020.

• Like 1

Think I got it wrong, Jimmy is staying & Chelo is assistant? Took town run shuttle. A disaster, NCL monster Jewel next door . Nice town. 

Internet & cell good here. (ATT up this way)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Think I got it wrong, Jimmy is staying & Chelo is assistant? Took town run shuttle. A disaster, NCL monster Jewel next door . Nice town. 

Internet & cell good here. (ATT up this way)

Well, I got it wrong again. Chelo is the CD!

Unibok is onboard now so I suggest you switch over & follow that one. It is much better.

• Haha 1

Dinner tonight was very good. The plates were hot, service was timely, especially for a change over night. Antonio, with Samual, Myrdal and our waiter Igede have done a terrific job with what they had to work with. Even our head sommelier Karolina has been very attentive as well as long time assistant sommelier Roger.

Running out of some wines. Would be nice if they would get some Zinfandel.

10 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

So, if Jimmy is staying does this mean he is finally a Hotel Director?

Don’t know yet, sources are clamming up. Could be just overlap. Especially if you mention if they came from Celebrity etc. No mention of M & M.

Edited by zqtchas
Update info
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Actually, Moon won’t have Indochine at all.

Well the space formerly called Indochine still exists and will feature more local cuisine but it is still under review and may change.

The reason the Indochine concept has gone is because it wasn't that popular even though many loved it.To make it up to those who love their curries they are being moved to the main menu.Certainly the lamb Rogan Josh I had in the MDR this cruise was better than the same dish in Indochine on the Muse in February.And as they found out on the Muse Atlantide is too small for the demand so it did need to be larger.

As you may guess I have had another talk to Fabien.The La Dame space will become the SALT concept.It will be a type of cooking demonstration area with a chef assigned to that area specifically.Not a true cooking school.It really sounds a good idea when Fabien explains the concept.La Dame should be relocated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jgmc said:

You mention Chelo as the CD but I thought Jimmy was turning over to Rico?????  Is Chelo new to Silversea?

Will inquire , however my investigative capabilities are greatly lacking due to inexperience.

EBFD1C1C-42D1-4D2E-BF46-BB11D7769E94.jpeg

On 5/26/2019 at 11:32 PM, TLCOhio said:

Great checking and follow-up.  Much appreciated!!  Look forward to finding out how long Anna will be there and/or who will replace here on the Silver Muse for late July, etc.  For Alantide, how long will the “Serbian Komidant” be in charge and "ruling"??!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 63,797 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Haven’t seen “komidant” since posting.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Unibok said:

Apparently there are no Malbecs on board right now either.

How can it be with no Malbecs on the ship.  And, especially with the new Cruise Director, Chelo Azulay, being from Argentina?  That does not make any sense??!!   

YES, agree with Stumblefoot about "Awesome!  Big, BIG congratulations to Mr. Kovel.  He earned it and the promotion is well deserved."  Keep up the great details and wonderful sharing from zqtchas.  Loved your nice puffin picture!!  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

For latest live/blog, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Awesome!  Big, BIG congratulations to Mr. Kovel.  He earned it and the promotion is well deserved.

According to Fleet HD,Fabien today Jimmy is off the Muse and in training to be an HD.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, drron29 said:

According to Fleet HD,Fabien today Jimmy is off the Muse and in training to be an HD.

Really, really hoping he’s named the HD for the launch of the Moon.  He was the launch CD for the Muse, so it seems like a natural progression.

• Like 1