Muse now

zqtchas

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

According to Fleet HD,Fabien today Jimmy is off the Muse and in training to be an HD.

Hmmm, that's odd. I spoke with Jimmy last night outside Indochine. He is most definitely ON the Muse, and is listed in our Chronicle as our HD.

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Really, really hoping he’s named the HD for the launch of the Moon.  He was the launch CD for the Muse, so it seems like a natural progression.

I should think that the step from CD to HD would be a huge one and not at all natural.  The CD is largely involved in entertainment and related issues.  The HD generally has extensive experience in operational areas like F&B, housekeeping, etc.  

In any case, I must confess that I am not a Jimmy fan.  I have been on a couple of cruises with him and was put off by his love of making announcements on the PA and the sophomoric humor he often displayed there.  

6 hours ago, Unibok said:

I spoke with Jimmy last night outside Indochine. He is most definitely ON the Muse, and is listed in our Chronicle as our HD.

That’s fantastic news!

4 hours ago, Observer said:

In any case, I must confess that I am not a Jimmy fan.  I have been on a couple of cruises with him and was put off by his love of making announcements on the PA and the sophomoric humor he often displayed there.  

Ah, see, there you go.  Different strokes for different folks.  We think one of his most endearing qualities is his sense humor.  For instance, like the time he and his able assistant Luke, showed up wearing faux pelts in the Arts Cafe.

DD09F46E-0920-4895-A98F-CAE3E4920BC3.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

That’s fantastic news!

Ah, see, there you go.  Different strokes for different folks.  We think one of his most endearing qualities is his sense humor.  For instance, like the time he and his able assistant Luke, showed up wearing faux pelts in the Arts Cafe.

DD09F46E-0920-4895-A98F-CAE3E4920BC3.jpeg

We are with you there Stumblefoot!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fortunate2 said:

Unibok...any chance you can solve the mystery of Rico, we were looking forward to cruising with him again.  If Chelo is the new CD...do you think that was that a surprise to staff?

Hi Fortunate2, I'll look into it if I can. I'm not sure about the crew dynamics, and probably haven't made close enough friends yet to ask. I'll let you know if I learn anything.

Edited to add ... ANNNNNNDDDD zqtchas is already on it!

Edited by Unibok

What a difference a day makes.......from cloud, mist, rain and zero visibility at Hubbard yesterday to glorious sun, blue skies and people swimming in the pool in Sitka today.

We had a great day, did DIY tour of the raptor centre (highly recommended) and a walk around the park with totem poles and got some glorious photos of our floating home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lem_100 said:

What a difference a day makes.......from cloud, mist, rain and zero visibility at Hubbard yesterday to glorious sun, blue skies and people swimming in the pool in Sitka today.

We had a great day, did DIY tour of the raptor centre (highly recommended) and a walk around the park with totem poles and got some glorious photos of our floating home.

lem_100, you are so right! Glad to hear you had a great day. So far, in Alaska, we have had alternate-days weather: one day cold and drizzly, and the next sunny and gorgeous. So far, I'm happy with those odds. Wishing you a joyous voyage,

Everyone knows that one size does not fit all. So we would like to thank Jana Venter, rooms division manager for taking care of resizing the slippers for the wife starting several cruises back.

2708169B-4E97-403D-B8E6-E9885359A6E4.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Jimmy is the HD but filling in on both. Rico comes on in Vancouver.  Anne on til 11 July.

Appreciate the nice and varied updates and details from everyone.  Keep it coming.  Very interesting and informative. Good to see the posts from lem_100, etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast.  Now at 28,602 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

12 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Another great dinner. Fresh salmon & crab legs, hot plates. Great team, Antonio, Samuel & Anna Maria. Maybe the new HD Jimmy had something to do with it too!?

Great to hear about the fresh Alaska fish from Anna's shopping.  Plus, that the salmon was so wonderful.  As always, when handy, appreciate any visuals and additional details.  Glad that you are enjoying. 

For latest live/blog, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

zqtchas, the fresh fish and seafood menu items sound delicious. thanks for the chef's shopping trip and dining update - it makes us even more anxious to be on-board. 

One of our favorite memories of a past Alaskan cruise was fresh-caught salmon cooked over a campfire.    

Just 16 days and counting.

Tracy Ann Fjord with some zodiacs & kayaks.  When it was our time to zodiac out they took us out to a different glacier spot so we didn’t get to see the tons of seals floating on the ice that was up close to the glacier.

Spoke to chef today & she going to try to get some more fish. What we had was King.

There are about  17 bikes on board, don’t know if they are part of the program . There are about 197 passengers on from Tokyo to Vancouver.

C2EF772D-033B-4733-A85A-6B08A2803B04.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Tracy Ann Fjord with some zodiacs & kayaks.  When it was our time to zodiac out they took us out to a different glacier spot so we didn’t get to see the tons of seals floating on the ice that was up close to the glacier.  Spoke to chef today & she going to try to get some more fish. What we had was King.   There are about  17 bikes on board, don’t know if they are part of the program . There are about 197 passengers on from Tokyo to Vancouver.

Appreciate these continued great pictures, details, comments and follow-ups. Very interesting that there are about 200 passengers doing the full Tokyo to Vancouver sailing.  Now for Seward to Vancouver segment, how full is the Silver Muse currently?   What are you planning for tomorrow, June 3, for Ketchikan, in port 8 am-6 pm?

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 246,329 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Today in Wrangell we walked around town , no tour. The little museum sure packed in a lot. It was free & had nice clean restrooms. Was an easy walk from the ship. Didn’t have to sign up for a tour in a crowded tiny bus. Tomorrow we take another tiny bus to visit another animal refuge. 

The  people are very friendly and as bus/tour guide will tell you more than you can remember but will hear over and over from town to town on long bus rides. The scenery is beautiful, when the fog & rain lift. 

Uploading still slow.

9DBB9C4B-53BA-4CF8-B2B4-8D9D42BECF2F.jpeg

16C89876-B3A3-4613-909D-089CDB3A08E0.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

The scenery is beautiful, when the fog & rain lift. 

I love your first picture. That will make a nice large print. Outstanding!

Edited by JohnGinPBG
  • Like 1

This is the scene that the last zodiac tour (us) missed out on up close. Seals floating on the ice.

NCL CORPORATE was on board for a night or 2. Will probably be off today to transfer to their big ship docked here at Ketchikan while we sit in the harbor to tender in.

8BEB87A7-C5AA-4EA0-AF96-FDFF870ACFE4.jpeg