Your Favorite Specialty Restaurant? What Ship/Line? What You Ordered?

41 minutes ago, need2cruisesoon said:

I'd though it would be beneficial to get peoples input on their favorite specialty restaurant and what ship/cruiseline.

Thanks,

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

If I really had to pick one dish at one place: 

Aragosta Fra Diavolo (just like Nona's) at Toscana on Oceania ships (with the exception of Sirena where Toscana and Polo Grill have been combined to make space for Red Ginger [Duck and Watermelon salad- yum!]). Of course, with advanced request, you can get the Aragosta on Sirena too.

Even though the GDR and Terrace Café food is of the same quality as the "specialty" restaurants, having these (and other) exceptional dishes always available in an intimate setting (and never at an extra cost) makes for great dining experiences every evening.

We will mention two.  Many years ago when Azamara was a relatively new line we loved their restaurant called Aqualina.  At the time there was no extra charge although it was one of the two alternative restaurants on the vessel.  What has never left my memory was their world-class Assorted Cold Seafood starter.  They brought out a large platter of crushed ice which had several jumbo shrimp, half a lobster tail, clams, oysters, etc.  And this was just a starter!

Our current favorite is Murano which can be found on multiple Celebrity ships.  Just about every offering would be among our favorites but I am very high on their Chilean Sea Bass (fileted at tableside) and their Lobster tail which is prepared in a very special/unique cognac/cream based sauce.

Hank

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

What has never left my memory was their world-class Assorted Cold Seafood starter.  They brought out a large platter of crushed ice which had several jumbo shrimp, half a lobster tail, clams, oysters, etc.  And this was just a starter!

That sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

I have had that in multiple restaurants but have never seen it on a ship.

Just now, XBGuy said:

That sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

I have had that in multiple restaurants but have never seen it on a ship.

We have not been back on Azamara for more than 10 years so I have no clue as to whether this still exists.

Hank

Princess, Crown Grill and Sabattini's.

Although I am a vegetarian, (I eat seafood) my husband is not, so we always go to the Steak House on a cruise. It's $25 charge. I usually order the tiger prawns, lobster cake, spinach, cherry tomatoes and goat cheese salad and all of the side dishes: garlic fries, mushrooms, asparagus.... Their lava cake desert is the best!

Sabattini's have Italian dishes. My main meal is usually the mushroom polenta (delicious),  or the beetroot risotto, and I usually get just one appetizer like the cheese with some pistachio sauce( i forgot the name of the dish). We usually get the small sampler of deserts, but my favorite one is the Ferrero desert. Now I'm hungry 🙂

Nieuw Statendam--Sel de Mar:  Escargot, Dover Sole, Crepes Suzette

Royal Princess--Crown Grill:  Bone-in Rib Eye

Royal Princess--Sabatini's:  a bone-in Veal Chop.  (So large, I could not finish it.  But, so well prepared and delicious!)

Statendam (now retired from HAL and is  P&O Australia's Pacific Eden)--Pinnacle  Grill:  Cioppino 

Celebrity Eclipse--Tuscan Grille:  (for both a lunch and a dinner)--don't recall the specific food items, but every course was excellent, the service was attentive/friendly/excellent, and the ambiance was most conducive for an excellent lunch/dinner.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:35 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

If I really had to pick one dish at one place: 

Aragosta Fra Diavolo (just like Nona's) at Toscana on Oceania ships (with the exception of Sirena where Toscana and Polo Grill have been combined to make space for Red Ginger [Duck and Watermelon salad- yum!]). Of course, with advanced request, you can get the Aragosta on Sirena too.

Even though the GDR and Terrace Café food is of the same quality as the "specialty" restaurants, having these (and other) exceptional dishes always available in an intimate setting (and never at an extra cost) makes for great dining experiences every evening.

In this earlier post I mentioned the "Duck and Watermelon Salad" at Red Ginger (on Oceania Riviera, Marina and Toscana). Forgot that I had a picture of the current menu. In any case, if you really enjoy Asian food:

IMG_4592.JPG