Princess sales

momoforthodoc

For the past 3 years Sip and Sail began in late June and ran through late August followed by the 3 for free promo.   I reserved on June 26th last year and June 21, 2018.  I'm pretty sure that last year I reserved on the first day of the sale and in 2018 if it wasn't the first day it was close to it. 

• Like 1

Also look for the "3-Day Sale" which also occurs in late June.  It's from a well known TA that can't be named, but news of the sale is usually posted on the Princess board when it happens.  I've found it to be even better than sip-n-sail.

4 hours ago, mnocket said:

Also look for the "3-Day Sale" which also occurs in late June.  It's from a well known TA that can't be named, but news of the sale is usually posted on the Princess board when it happens.  I've found it to be even better than sip-n-sail.

What’s included in the 3-day sale? Thx!

Edited by HBCcruiser

5 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Crushed - we've booked the Pacific Princess for May 2020, but minis are already sold out, so I'm guessing we won't qualify for the S&S.  I'll still look though...

If your cabin catagiry is sold out does that mean you can not  quAlify  to re fare?

So new to Princess, what exactly does the Sip & Sale Promotion include?  I just booked with the May sale, with OBC/gratuities/2 for 1 deposit, mainly to secure the 2 rooms we wanted, just wondering what other possibilities might be out there.  Any information would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, 13cheermom said:

So new to Princess, what exactly does the Sip & Sale Promotion include?  I just booked with the May sale, with OBC/gratuities/2 for 1 deposit, mainly to secure the 2 rooms we wanted, just wondering what other possibilities might be out there.  Any information would be appreciated!

In the past it has been limited to balcony (IIRC) and higher category cabins.  Last year it was just the premier beverage package which costs $70 a day/per person (see https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/and click on the link).  At one time it also included dinner in a specialty restaurant but I don't remember if that was included in last year's promo.

Edited by capriccio

I would also like to know what Sip and Sale promo includes. I checked the Princes website and the only beverage package was

the Premium Package mentioned, not including the soda package etc. Also with these packages do we still have to pay the

gratuities/ tips  for the beverages each time we get one ? My daughter had to do that on Norwegian  when they got a beverage

package .   I should know this but we have not booked with the sip & sale before , usually just looking for the  OBC and gratuities.  Plan on booking  soon and looking for my best deal, but also don't want to wait to long and miss it . Thank You for your help. 

17 minutes ago, capriccio said:

In the past it has been limited to balcony (IIRC) and higher category cabins.  Last year it was just the premier beverage package which costs $70 a day/per person (see https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/and click on the link).  At one time it also included dinner in a specialty restaurant but I don't remember if that was included in last year's promo.

Okay so we have 2 premium balcony rooms booked, so I guess we qualify.  But for an Alaskan cruise I don't see us getting the benefits from a drink package, we don't even drink that much on caribbean itineraries.  Would prefer just regular OBC to use as we like to buy our owns drinks when we like and spread it out.  Also the gratuities are a nice perk as we usually prepay those on Carnival cruises.  The deposit specials don't really matter because you have to pay it anyway at some point.  What are the pick 3 sales like that are coming up in August/September?

Edited by 13cheermom
changed month
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jnc411 said:

Thank You , Thank You.   for clearing things up for me. 

Last year's SnS (announced on 28 June 2018, which press release I quote) included: "Guests booking balcony, mini-suite or suite staterooms will receive a free Premier Beverage Package for two people. Plus, free Unlimited Soda & More Packages for third and fourth guests in the stateroom." and "Guests can also take advantage of a refundable, reduced deposit of 10% of cruise fare per guest." (for new bookings) These were good on "Six to 56 day cruises to destinations around the globe and cruisetours sailing summer 2019 to spring 2020 are on sale now." I'll believe the sales on the fares when I see it! But I hope to pick up the PBP for next year's Alaska trip.

Edited by crystalspin

8 hours ago, jnc411 said:

I would also like to know what Sip and Sale promo includes. I checked the Princes website and the only beverage package was the Premium Package mentioned, not including the soda package etc. Also with these packages do we still have to pay the gratuities/ tips  for the beverages each time we get one ? My daughter had to do that on Norwegian  when they got a beverage package .   I should know this but we have not booked with the sip & sale before , usually just looking for the  OBC and gratuities.  Plan on booking  soon and looking for my best deal, but also don't want to wait to long and miss it . Thank You for your help. 

Last year the Sip & Sail promo was available for most cruises 12 to 18 months in the future. It included the regular Premium Beverage Package for the 1st two passengers & the soda & more package for the 3rd & 4th passengers in balcony cat. & above cabins. If I remember correctly it also included specialty dining for those in suites if booked during the first days of the promo. No, you do not pay additional gratuities, they are included in the package when provided as a promotion benefit or if purchased. You can view the full terms and conditions of the Premium Beverage Package at this site:

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

Note: in 2017 the Sip & Sail Promotion included the option of OBC instead of the beverage package. This option was not offered in 2018. We will have to wait until the next promo to see the actual terms. What has been may not always be. No matter, if you book a promotion with a refundable deposit (most deposits are refundable) then you can change your booking if a better one is offered. 

20 hours ago, mnocket said:

Is the "TA that can't be named" a big box store?  We're about to book 15 day Panama Canal but might wait for this "3-Day Sale" 

1 hour ago, smelmel said:

Is the "TA that can't be named" a big box store?  We're about to book 15 day Panama Canal but might wait for this "3-Day Sale" 

No.  It's business is purely travel.

28 minutes ago, mnocket said:

No.  It's business is purely travel.

Thanks for your quick response! I found it by searching princess 3 day sale & will be attending an event in my area. I love CC boards - I learn so much!!

Glad you found it.  I haven't attended the event in the past.  I just check out the deals on their website and then call one of their local TAs (their TAs are franchise small businesses and I prefer to give them my business rather than calling their call center).

I booked during the 3 day sale last year and can't recall if it was for new bookings only? If so, once Princess does the sip n sale a couple of weeks later would I be able to apply that to my current booking? I'm confused as the booking I have right now is through the agency that offers the 3 day sale - I really like the TA we have been working with there so would prefer to keep my booking with them but also would like the drink package!